E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

KSports Installed

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 11:43 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by toyota2bmw
I've got a set on order from Michael and was really looking forward to some positive feedback prior to their arrival. Looks like I've got it!!

Guys, I am down for giving a hand on the install. I can turn a wrench.
I'll even pitch in for some beer and pizza! Let's make it a party!
Nice! Where in the OC are you locateD?

Originally Posted by vettman31
Nice drop Do you have pics of what the KSports look like?
I took pictures of my set but haven't been able to post the pictures yet. Once I can find the data cable I will transfer the images to my comp to upload. Hope to have this done by tonight!
Old 05-10-2010, 02:07 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i SMG, 35% Tint, LED Angel Eyes

Originally Posted by redEYEjedi
Nice! Where in the OC are you locateD?

I took pictures of my set but haven't been able to post the pictures yet. Once I can find the data cable I will transfer the images to my comp to upload. Hope to have this done by tonight!

I am in the Fullerton area. Looking forward to the pictures of the coilovers. How long did it take you and Michael to install this? Did you guys have to use the spring compressor?
Old 05-10-2010, 02:09 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

John and I took ~4 hours but that's because it was our first time w/o proper tools. No spring compressor necessary. Coilovers are plug and play ? you remove the old suspension and plug in the new.

Michael
Acute Performance

I am in the Fullerton area. Looking forward to the pictures of the coilovers. How long did it take you and Michael to install this? Did you guys have to use the spring compressor?
Old 05-10-2010, 02:11 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

LOL you are right down the street from me, I am in La Mirada. It took around 4 hrs, but that was the first time through, I think we learned a few things about how to do the install a little easier next time and a good portion of that time was height adjustments. No spring compressor needed it is a straight swap of OEM suspension for the KSports.

*Important* I forgot to mention, the KSports have a really cool feature: Ride height is NOT adjusted by moving the springs up and down, instead there is a separate threaded collar on the shock body itself to adjust the height - meaning you lose none of your spring rate
Old 05-10-2010, 02:38 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pjinca
LOL you are right down the street from me, I am in La Mirada. It took around 4 hrs, but that was the first time through, I think we learned a few things about how to do the install a little easier next time and a good portion of that time was height adjustments. No spring compressor needed it is a straight swap of OEM suspension for the KSports.

*Important* I forgot to mention, the KSports have a really cool feature: Ride height is NOT adjusted by moving the springs up and down, instead there is a separate threaded collar on the shock body itself to adjust the height - meaning you lose none of your spring rate
Dang~~ I am just down the street from you. I am surprised we haven't seen each others' rides.
I've heard good things about the adjustability of the KSports I am just really hoping that the life span will be as good.
But then again, I've got Michael to stand behind his stuff for 18 months. C'mon KSports!
Old 05-10-2010, 02:40 PM
Former Vendor

BTW, I just ordered your set!

Michael
Acute Performance

Dang~~ I am just down the street from you. I am surprised we haven't seen each others' rides.
I've heard good things about the adjustability of the KSports I am just really hoping that the life span will be as good.
But then again, I've got Michael to stand behind his stuff for 18 months. C'mon KSports!
Old 05-10-2010, 02:40 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by acuteperformance
John and I took ~4 hours but that's because it was our first time w/o proper tools. No spring compressor necessary. Coilovers are plug and play ? you remove the old suspension and plug in the new.

Michael
Acute Performance
Sweet! I can do this in my garage without renting the compressors then. I've got everything else. Air compressor, floor jack, Rachet, etc.
What's the latest ETA on these?
Old 05-10-2010, 02:42 PM
Former Vendor

Wha?! Air compressor, shoot we should do this all over there!

Sweet! I can do this in my garage without renting the compressors then. I've got everything else. Air compressor, floor jack, Rachet, etc.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:42 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Well the warranty is atleast as good as any other coilovers out there, so you can feel confident in that. And yes, Michael is a stand up guy
Old 05-10-2010, 02:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by pjinca
Ok guys here are some pics, keep in mind this isn't the final height of the car - the coilovers have not settled yet. I will see how they settle and then decide if I want to drop the fronts more (I can go like another 2 inches if I want) and/or raise the rears. Took a little longer drive today shuttling my mom around, the ride is stiffer but comfortable, not jarring at all so far and it sure makes getting into driveways easier
WoW! Your car's looking amazing, John! What a transformation from only a year ago, huh! Congrats Brother! Enjoy it!

Quick Reply: KSports Installed