E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

KSport VS Megan Coilvers

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 04:31 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

Yup both Megan and KSport come with camber plates.

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance

Originally Posted by socale39
^^^ Thanks for clarifying "Camber Plates". I knew it was a different name just couldn't think of it. Too much work today

Anyways, yeah I thought I saw that they came with camber plates, but of course that could have just been a generic photo or statement I saw. Would be nice though.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:19 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 545I SMG

Wasn't aware the KSports did too. Honestly KSports have good reviews so I'm put my money on the KSport setup. Why be a guinea pig if you dont have to
Old 04-11-2011, 07:22 PM
Former Vendor

LOL. Some people like being the guinea pig -- like myself. I have a few KSport sets coming in in the next week or so.

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance

Originally Posted by socale39
Wasn't aware the KSports did too. Honestly KSports have good reviews so I'm put my money on the KSport setup. Why be a guinea pig if you dont have to
Old 04-11-2011, 07:34 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Megans are good coilovers and their spring rates are valved properly for that, though for the price you pay, go with a vendor who offers the same product at a great price
Old 04-11-2011, 07:43 PM
Senior Members

Its great for the price BUT, good friend had an AWFUL experience with them on his M3. Knocking noises, and all sorts of issues, megans customer service was horrendous! Technician talked to my friend who was a master BMW tech for 9 years like he was retarded lol..

for 1000$ u CANT go wrong versus the Expensive but nice KW's (heard KW has bad custy service to lol)
Old 04-11-2011, 10:10 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 07 530 Titanium Silver Sport/Premium PKG OEM Mtech Kit

Originally Posted by WHITEseries.net
I know KSport is real popular on the forum, but has anyone purchased and installed a set of Megan Coilovers and is satisfied with the performance? I understand Megan Coilovers are fairly new so I wanted to see if anyone who bought a set recently is satisfied with them.
Hurry Franny
Old 04-12-2011, 07:05 AM
Members

My Ride: 06 530

Originally Posted by acuteperformance
LOL. Some people like being the guinea pig -- like myself. I have a few KSport sets coming in in the next week or so.

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance

Michael,

Will you offer a price match/competitive takeaway against the megan coilovers since they are a bit cheaper? Tip the scales please!

Old 04-12-2011, 09:45 AM
Former Vendor

How much are the Megan's? Also, I can offer something even better. By purchasing the KSports, you're getting support from a vendor and member who has personally installed this set on many 5 series. I know the tips and tricks to get the job down and can, in detail, explain how to properly adjust. I've taken calls from mechanics and explained to them step-by-step on how to install.

Also, KSport's HQ is in Arizona. Any warranty issues, you deal directly with them not Taiwan or any other company overseas. The KSport warranty is 18 months. I don't know if Megan works like this.

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance

Originally Posted by WHITEseries.net
Michael,

Will you offer a price match/competitive takeaway against the megan coilovers since they are a bit cheaper? Tip the scales please!

Old 04-12-2011, 05:57 PM
Former Vendor

MR is HQ'd in SoCal and from our experience, has great customer / technical support. They offer a 1 year standard warranty on all their suspension products.

In addition, I believe MR develops/tests all their suspension parts extensively on and off the track.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:25 PM
Former Vendor

Yes MR does test their parts as well as KSport. The good thing about KSport is that they do 18 months warranty instead of 1 year. KSport recently bumped it up because their products are getting better and better.

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance

Originally Posted by Cal@Sonic MS
MR is HQ'd in SoCal and from our experience, has great customer / technical support. They offer a 1 year standard warranty on all their suspension products.

In addition, I believe MR develops/tests all their suspension parts extensively on and off the track.

Quick Reply: KSport VS Megan Coilvers