E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

KSport vs. KW

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 08:25 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 Monaco Blue 535i Sport/Premium Package

Originally Posted by jg525i
do your research sir, kw is the best coils especially for e60 imho
Again your post isn't all that helpful. If you were to tell me the absorber was aluminum vs steel or bushings were plastic vs rubber etc it would mean a whole lot more to this thread and to the forum. Anyone can chime in and say one thing or another is the best in their honest opinion but it isn't really bringing anything to the discussion.

We all encounter products that cost more because of a brand name and not because of the care or craftsmanship necessarily. I'm really trying to get a well informed, fact and expeience based thread about these coils going. If your vote is for KW that's great but it would be really cool if you could explain in more detail why. Thanks man and I hope I'm not coming across as a pain in the ass
Old 08-14-2011, 08:44 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by sebash
Again your post isn't all that helpful. If you were to tell me the absorber was aluminum vs steel or bushings were plastic vs rubber etc it would mean a whole lot more to this thread and to the forum. Anyone can chime in and say one thing or another is the best in their honest opinion but it isn't really bringing anything to the discussion.

We all encounter products that cost more because of a brand name and not because of the care or craftsmanship necessarily. I'm really trying to get a well informed, fact and expeience based thread about these coils going. If your vote is for KW that's great but it would be really cool if you could explain in more detail why. Thanks man and I hope I'm not coming across as a pain in the ass
first things first are you willing to spend money for kw??
no offense but if you don;t want to spend that much money on kw, i suggest for you to get st coils
check this link:
http://www.stsuspensions.com/coilovers.php
hope this helps bradah!!
thanks!
Old 08-14-2011, 08:46 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

no offense but if you don;t want to spend that much money on kw, i suggest for you to get st coils
check this link:
http://www.stsuspens...m/coilovers.php
hope this helps bradah!!
thanks!
again, why not ksport or for that matter, why st instead of ksport....the OP never mentioned anything about sale price being an issue, but rather build and performance differences as it may justify the price differences. And if you are willing to spend money, you have to also mention JIC cross coilovers, not just kw....

to the OP: you might try searching a few threads...I know there are a few posts and discussions regarding ksports..

like this one: http://forums.5serie...ost__p__1183292

and this one: https://5series.net/forums/topic/988...st__p__1183995

most are usually by member/vendor acutperformance, who's sold kw, ksport, and jic's.....
Old 08-14-2011, 09:49 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

I've sold many sets of KSports for E60 dating back to 2+ yrs and I haven't heard anyone have any issues. Does this mean they are better? No. But what it does tell me is that for $925 shipped it's a great bang for the buck alternative that works.

I've heard folks have noise with KW but not sure if they were ever resolved. Anyone who has had noise with KSport I have helped resolve the issue. Again doesn't say who is better just stating what I have experienced.

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance
Old 08-15-2011, 03:06 AM
Members

check this link:
http://www.stsuspensions.com/coilovers.php
hope this helps bradah!!
thanks!
money is not the issue. this is an effort to inform myself about the construction and performance and to ensure the added cost is justified. i don't believe that because something costs more it's better.
Old 08-15-2011, 05:48 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Can't speak to KW's, as I've never had them. However, my KSports have been great, I keep the fronts 5 clicks from full stiff and the rears 3 clicks - trying to compensate for the factory understeer they build into our cars. KSports are also VERY easy to adjust, a fellow member (toyota2bmw) adjusted all 4 coilovers for ride height in less than 15 minutes during his lunch at work.
I have installed quite a few sets of KSports as well, can't imagine there's anything better out there dollar for dollar. There is absolutely no noise from the coilovers, no clunking or anything like that - since KSPort uses the pillowball front mount you'll never hear any either.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:19 AM
Senior Members

KW's you must run a 5mm or 12mm spacer due to clearance issue with rim and coilover.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:47 AM
Senior Members

money is not the issue. this is an effort to inform myself about the construction and performance and to ensure the added cost is justified. i don't believe that because something costs more it's better.
sorry bro didnt mean any disrespect about the money issue, just in my opinion that kw's are really amazing and the technology of their coils is incredible and if you go to their website they will give you all info you need to know about their products, and i like that about them..and in my opinion thats what separates them from competition...
http://www.kw-suspension.com/us/kw_valve_technology.php
Old 08-15-2011, 12:56 PM
Members

sorry bro didnt mean any disrespect about the money issue, just in my opinion that kw's are really amazing and the technology of their coils is incredible and if you go to their website they will give you all info you need to know about their products, and i like that about them..and in my opinion thats what separates them from competition...
http://www.kw-suspension.com/us/kw_valve_technology.php
none taken man. it just seems on forums in general we all get caught up in our taste as opposed to the nuts and bolts (no pun intended) i love blowing money on mods, just want to make educated and informed decisions. by the way, your car is coming along quite nicely.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:27 PM
Senior Members

none taken man. it just seems on forums in general we all get caught up in our taste as opposed to the nuts and bolts (no pun intended) i love blowing money on mods, just want to make educated and informed decisions. by the way, your car is coming along quite nicely.
thanks

Quick Reply: KSport vs. KW