E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Knobs and Handle in Dark Poplar/Leather Install w/pics

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 09:01 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is my latest Mod: Leather I-Drive Knob, Leather/Dark Poplar Auto Knob and Dark poplar E-Brake handle. Hats off to CircleBMW (Chris and Brian) for the prices; 20% off list and to E60 Forum member Jochy69 for the info on CircleBMW. Enjoy the pics and easy to follow instructions.

Here is the old console (I already installed the new I-Drive Knob before I started to take pictures, sorry; just pull the old knob straight off, line up the new knob detents and press on until it clicks)
Knobs and Handle in Dark Poplar/Leather Install w/pics-old_console.jpg

Here is the New E-Brake Handle (This was probably the most difficult to install. The handle just slides off but the boot stays attached because of a nylon tie, you need to wiggle the tie off for full removal of handle. Slide the new handle on until you hear it lock into place (there are two indents inside the handle that "lock onto" the stem) then force the nylon tie and boot back over the handle lip (this took the most time because I wanted it to look nice))
Knobs and Handle in Dark Poplar/Leather Install w/pics-handle_removed.jpgKnobs and Handle in Dark Poplar/Leather Install w/pics-new_e_brake2.jpg

Here is the new Auto-Shift Knob (Just put the car into Neutral and pull straight up; mine just popped out. Insert new handle and press down until you hear it click into place)
Knobs and Handle in Dark Poplar/Leather Install w/pics-new_console.jpg

And here is a picture of the new Shift Knob with the full dash as a back drop (Sorry for the relections)
Knobs and Handle in Dark Poplar/Leather Install w/pics-full_dash_dark_poplar.jpg

Let me know what ya' think!!!!!! I am curious what the Dealer would've charged me for exactly 11 minutes of work.
Now if I could just decide whether to stay with the Chrome Grille or go with the all Black Grille ...................
Man, this Modding is getting out of control!
Old 06-24-2008, 09:02 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F13 M6

nice interior additions
Old 06-24-2008, 09:06 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 528i

How much did that run you just for the E-Brake trim? I just don't know why BMW is so stingy about certain things with the interior. Is it really that hard to have a matching headliner and complete matching trim of the interior without paying more for such nonsense. Nice interior bTW.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:13 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Boxador' post='609511' date='Jun 25 2008, 01:06 AM
How much did that run you just for the E-Brake trim? I just don't know why BMW is so stingy about certain things with the interior. Is it really that hard to have a matching headliner and complete matching trim of the interior without paying more for such nonsense. Nice interior bTW.
I agree and thanks; The E-Brake was $116.00, the Auto-Shift knob was $125.00 and the Leather I-Drive was $54.00 (all in U.S. funds, for our European Forum Members). I called my local BMW dealer and asked if he would/could match these prices and he told me no so I purchased them from CircleBMW.com in New Jersey. Go figure.....
Old 06-24-2008, 09:26 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: stock non-sport alpine white '04 530i

maybe it because im still pretty young, but i dont like wood trims too much, mine are starting to crack, probably from all this socal heat, so it gives me a good reason to get different ones (carbon fiber here i come )
Old 06-25-2008, 01:15 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 530i Individual, DVD Package, HUD, Bluetooth, Comfort Seats, SR, etc

+1 No love for wood trims here........ only Black or Titanium.... CF would be cool if it is a hardcore car....
Old 06-25-2008, 01:56 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Make: BMW Model: 525i Exterior Color: Alpine White Interior Color: Beige Leather Trans: Steptronic Options Include: 205 Automatic Trans - Steptronic 6 spd 423 BMW Floor Mats ZPP Premium Package ZSP Sport Package

how can you guys not like the wood trim, I love mine, I did exactly everything our fellow member here did (except the leather I drive knob since mine already had it), but you guys are driving a LEXURY CAR! not a honda civic (no offense lol), I WANT WOOD EVERYWHERE! it really gives it a lexury touch.... enough with that, thanks garylewa, and remember this is what this forum is for, to help each other...
Old 06-25-2008, 04:01 AM
Members

Wood doesn't belong in a high tech car (or any car for that matter)!
Just my opinion. It's so shiny it looks like plastic anyway.
Old 06-25-2008, 04:28 AM
ipp
Senior Members

My Ride: 07' 530d - M-Sport - Titanium Silver / Black Dakota leather 08' 120i - M-Sport - Alpine White III / Black Sensatec

Originally Posted by garylewa' post='609507' date='Jun 25 2008, 07:01 AM
Now if I could just decide whether to stay with the Chrome Grille or go with the all Black Grille ...................
Why don't you get wood grille?
Old 06-25-2008, 05:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Make: BMW Model: 525i Exterior Color: Alpine White Interior Color: Beige Leather Trans: Steptronic Options Include: 205 Automatic Trans - Steptronic 6 spd 423 BMW Floor Mats ZPP Premium Package ZSP Sport Package

Originally Posted by smarty156' post='609627' date='Jun 25 2008, 12:01 PM
Wood doesn't belong in a high tech car (or any car for that matter)!
Just my opinion. It's so shiny it looks like plastic anyway.

so wood its not lexury?????

Quick Reply: Knobs and Handle in Dark Poplar/Leather Install w/pics