E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

K&N Filter for 545i

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 11:16 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2010 E63 AMG -- Palladium Silver/Black. Love this car but looking to switch things up to keep things fresh. 2nd AMG in a row, but toying with coming back into the BMW fold!

For those of you interested, I notice that K&N has a part number available for the 545i. I am not sure whether they are currently available, but the part number is 33-2294.

I doubt the performance improvement is worth it, but I know that doesn't stop alot of us from doing the things that we do for our cars. Therefore, I will probably get one and I am sure a lot of you will too.

If anyone gets it before I do, let me know if it made a difference.

Old 01-24-2005, 07:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

Originally Posted by mcorliss' date='Jan 24 2005, 03:16 PM
For those of you interested, I notice that K&N has a part number available for the 545i.? I am not sure whether they are currently available, but the part number is 33-2294.?

I doubt the performance improvement is worth it, but I know that doesn't stop alot of us from doing the things that we do for our cars.? Therefore, I will probably get one and I am sure a lot of you will too.

If anyone gets it before I do, let me know if it made a difference.

[snapback]82550[/snapback]
Hey,

I've been "out of the loop" for a few weeks. (and finally fixed my B&B link).
I have the K&N.
Can't tell with the butt dyno and haven't been able to compare it with the G-timer due to weather/snow tires/not enough f'n time...
With the B&B the sound is hardly noticeable.
However, I've been running K&N's on all of my cars for the past 10+ years and have been quite happy.
I got a K&N back in May when I saw the 545i listed on their site. When I got it, it didn't fit. I re-checked the site and the part# was gone. A few months later they had the correct part & # (long story... don't want to get into it).
Old 01-25-2005, 10:46 AM
Members

My Ride: 2010 E63 AMG -- Palladium Silver/Black. Love this car but looking to switch things up to keep things fresh. 2nd AMG in a row, but toying with coming back into the BMW fold!

Realtyman,

Where did you get yours? BavAuto?

Did they have it in stock or was it a long order time?

So you notice no performance benefits!?!

I have been holding out for a Cold Air Intake, of some sort when available.

MIKE
Old 01-25-2005, 01:06 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

In this website they're selling pretty cheap

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/performa...t_brand=k-and-n

Well.. i'm wondering how many HP can it gained? Less than 5hp?
Old 01-27-2005, 09:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by soc_fans' date='Jan 25 2005, 04:06 PM
In this website they're selling pretty cheap

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/performa...t_brand=k-and-n

Well.. i'm wondering how many HP can it gained? Less than 5hp?
[snapback]82891[/snapback]

Hmm, I went there and typed in 33-2294 and it could not find it. Also looking for 4.4L 545i application came up blank here as well. At K&N no problem. 33-2294 applies to all the 4.4L engines (545, 645)
Old 01-27-2005, 03:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

Originally Posted by mcorliss' date='Jan 25 2005, 02:46 PM
Realtyman,

Where did you get yours?? BavAuto?

MIKE
[snapback]82813[/snapback]
Hey mcorliss,

www.4filters.com
K&N Air Filter 4.4L V8 F/I 33-2294 $54.32

It was in stock, altough I got mine in August if I remember correctly.
Do a search, I think I posted pics a while back.

Can't hear it with the B&B. Never had a chance to do any "real" testing with the G-timer.

Car is still in the shop waiting for the new steering rack. Glad the weather has been suckin' around here. I only wish the 3 series loaner that I have had snows on it.
Old 01-27-2005, 06:37 PM
Members

Originally Posted by realtyman' date='Jan 27 2005, 07:16 PM
[quote name='mcorliss' date='Jan 25 2005, 02:46 PM']Realtyman,

Where did you get yours?? BavAuto?

MIKE
[snapback]82813[/snapback]
Hey mcorliss,

www.4filters.com
K&N Air Filter 4.4L V8 F/I 33-2294 $54.32

It was in stock, altough I got mine in August if I remember correctly.
Do a search, I think I posted pics a while back.

Can't hear it with the B&B. Never had a chance to do any "real" testing with the G-timer.

Car is still in the shop waiting for the new steering rack. Glad the weather has been suckin' around here. I only wish the 3 series loaner that I have had snows on it.
[snapback]83923[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thanks for the info. Sorry to hear that your car is out of commission.

After 3 weeks of autobody work, I finally got mine back a week ago. I missed it dearly. I think I have put about 600 miles on it in the last week alone. I am really enjoying the new, thicker OEM heated steering wheel that I had put on. Cost was not too bad at $385 for parts, $0 for labor. Money well spent. I may spring for the heating switch and control unit to make it actually operable with heat.

I too had a 3 series loaner. However, mine was a 325ix. It was amazingly fun to drive around town, but underpowered on the highway. Alot of bang for the buck though.