E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

just ordered a bluetooth tcu from ebay

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 03:17 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just ordered a bluetooth tcu off ebay my cars build date is 11/03 I read somewhere that i need to change the tcu, when I looked at the one in my car It had no label on it for me to determine if it even had bluetooth in it. Any way my plan is to just install it and code on ncs using these instructions i searched and found on the forum am I missing any steps will I need to do anything else

You will need to add the correct FA to the VO first.

Read out the trace from the TCU module and set :-

BT_ENABLE aktive

USED_MICROPHONES wert_01 (1 microphone) or wert_02 (2 microphones)

Read the trace for CAPPL (ccc_app) and set:-

BLUETOOTH_NODES_CCC profile_1 or profile_1 (not sure on this one, mines profile_2)

TELEFON_TYPE_C08 lots of options on this one (mines set to ece_phone for european mobiles)

PHONE_VERSION most-phone1-1mic

Read the trace for CCC_ASK (ccc-audio) and set:-

PHONE_VERSION most-phone1-1mic
Old 03-11-2012, 04:57 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2012 535i M-Sport

Assuming your car is pre wired for Bluetooth you most likely need an antenna. This plugs in under the center console. I've never done this retrofit, but good luck - I'm sure you'll be rocking hands free in no time
Old 03-11-2012, 04:58 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2012 535i M-Sport

PS, if you do need the antenna, I have one out of an E90 I gutted - should work fine. I can send it out to you kostenlos (free).
Old 03-11-2012, 07:27 PM
Senior Members

hmm thanks I would of thought that if the car is pre wired for bluetooth the bluetooth antenna would already be there. I will have to check and see if i have one thanks for your help I'll let you know.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:24 PM
Senior Members

thanks for enlightening me about the bluetooth antenna, after trying to find out some more info about the retrofit i found this page

http://www.bimmernav.com/BMW_new_Blu...tructions.html

everything about the article looked good in my case because i am already pre wired. but then they started talking about the ULF piece which until today i knew nothing about I don't know if my car already has one but the specific retrofit kit they are selling requires you to change it I went on on ebay and those ULF things are like 500 bucks way more than I'm willing to spend on this project. I have to get some more clarification on how to do this and if I already have this ULF piece and if not do i really need to get it in order to successfully retrofit bluetooth.

EDIT: so I think after searching some more some cars have ulfs or tcus so I guess i'm still all good in this retrofit I don't need the whole phone cradle ejector box setup i just want to keep my phone in my pocket and pair it with the car hopefully the tcu alone can do that.

if there is anyone else who has done done a bt retrofit by upgrading their tcu please tell me your experience of the install