E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Just a little bit more..... if you please... POLL ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 10:38 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 09 535xi Touched by TURNER
Model Year: 2009
Engine: n54
Default Just a little bit more..... if you please... POLL ?

hey guys/gals

Id like some input on some sort of low cost exhaust db increase..

she's an 09 lci 535 stock exhaust (Vac/Mod)
I'm not looking for a huge db increase.. just a nice tone and when I get on her... a bit louder

I was thinking some sort of cut and remove?
ur thoughts please the budget is $165

GO:
Old 11-20-2015, 05:54 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 530i N52
Model Year: 2006
Engine: n52

i have RPI....super niceeee sound...if u want we can meet and u see how it sound in/out

all u have to do is to change the 1 from your price to 6 ,,that is the price for quality

good luck
Old 11-22-2015, 11:28 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 2010 535i Msport

Got my RPI used for $900, getting installed tomorrow. Already have dr euro so stoked to see how that's gonna sound. Back to op's question. I would suggest prob start with secondary cat delete. Keep muffler and resonator for drone purposes. U can always remove later.

Originally Posted by stel_i79
i have RPI....super niceeee sound...if u want we can meet and u see how it sound in/out

all u have to do is to change the 1 from your price to 6 ,,that is the price for quality

good luck
Old 11-23-2015, 07:40 AM
New Members

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535xi
Model Year: 2008

Che,

You only have small choices.. depending on your muffler shop guy and how much he charges.. but you can really only do a muffler delete.. which may or may not make it too loud. I got a steal of a deal on the quads and I was going to use it to put on a new muffler with less packing.. but it turned out so nice that I converted to quads. Still it's over budget. I think with that amount of $$ it's really only going to be a muffler delete completely.. or if he has some other smaller "cherry bomb" kind of muffler he could throw in to see. Start it up once it's cut off and see if it'll drive you crazy. It's probably going to sound badass.. but you have to think about "how loud" you need it. I live in a tighter residential area, so when I get up to drive the kids back and forth early in the morning I don't want my neighbors to hate me..
Old 11-23-2015, 07:41 AM
New Members

I had a thought once... if you could cut open the stock muffler and put straight pipe from the second exhaust tip... once the flap opened up it would be pretty awesome.
Old 11-26-2015, 03:40 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine E60, '09 535i-Premium, Sport and Comfort Access PackageMods: Lux H8 V3 Angel Eyes, Weisslicht LED license plate lights, Interior LED lights, RPI Scoop, Matte Black Grills, Smoked LED side markers & side reflectors, 35% tint all around, and a 3

Originally Posted by Justin66mp
Got my RPI used for $900, getting installed tomorrow. Already have dr euro so stoked to see how that's gonna sound. Back to op's question. I would suggest prob start with secondary cat delete. Keep muffler and resonator for drone purposes. U can always remove later.
Nice your finally going to install it. When ever your down in the east (680 corridor) let me know. I'd like to hear the RPI with Dr Euro dp setup.

Originally Posted by rice_rocket88
I had a thought once... if you could cut open the stock muffler and put straight pipe from the second exhaust tip... once the flap opened up it would be pretty awesome.
At that point you might as well do the muffler delete.
Old 11-26-2015, 07:59 AM
New Members

Default Correct... And Happy Turkey day....

Originally Posted by rice_rocket88
So im trying to find a shop to do this...
but there all like 5-600 im like ur crazy...
i even went to lou's custom exhaust...
they told me they didnt even know how to cut it open....
Attached Thumbnails Just a little bit more..... if you please... POLL ?-img_9207.jpg  
Old 11-27-2015, 02:58 PM
New Members

Im gunna do a superspirnt resonator delete anybody else done this?

Supersprint Section 2 Resonator Delete - E60 535i - Turner Motorsport

Sound Clips would be sweet
Old 12-01-2015, 06:55 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 528xi PP

If your budget still stands at $165 then you honestly have no choice but muffler delete. That link you posted would be those parts + labour still running to $500-700 depending on the shop.
Old 12-01-2015, 09:34 AM
New Members

Definitely agreed rackhacker.. the pipes alone cost $$.. the labor is on top. At Lou's they used to be able to just cut and weld their own pipe and it wasn't all that expensive. If you're doing a muffler delete or resonator, they should be cutting out a section completely and welding a new one in.

As for the muffler, the picture shows it exactly. You could retain the stock muffler.. AND the flap open and close so it could be loud.. and louder...

If I was better at welding.. I'd cut my stock exhaust open, it's sitting in the shed. It's a serious piece of metal and very heavy for sure.

Quick Reply: Just a little bit more..... if you please... POLL ?