E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Just installed Cobb Accessport on 535xit

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 05:23 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535xit
Default Just installed Cobb Accessport on 535xit

Just Installed Stage 1 Sport - stock throttle. Nice upgrade in power - very fun It looks like it is running close to 16lbs of boost. Is anyone running Stage 1 +FMIC Sport - stock throttle on a stock 535xi? Do you need to upgrade the intercooler first? I'm using 91 rated CA gas... Would love to hear about other experiences with different maps. Thanks
Old 03-23-2013, 07:23 AM
Members

My Ride: 2010 BMW 535i 6MT M-Sport

With crappy 91 octane gas and a stock FMIC, I'm sticking with Stage 1 Sport ST. Yes, you do need to upgrade the FMIC if you plan to run the maps requiring FMIC. I suppose nothing bad will happen initially, but the stock intercooler is not large at all (supposed to be smaller than even the 335's intercooler) and will heatsoak quickly at elevated boost levels. Then, the car will likely dial back boost and timing and you'd be back at lower power levels anyway.

FMIC is a very worthwhile upgrade (unless you plan on eventually running meth). It will provide consistently more power and keep your car running better overall. Do that first.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:47 PM
Members

Thanks for the reply and clarifying my question. Given the additional expense to upgrade the FMIC (after already spending big on the Cobb unit) I will stick with Stage 1 Sport ST (or perhaps try the LT). The car feels great and the increase in power is addicting - not sure i could go back to stock...
Old 03-25-2013, 06:01 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine E60, '09 535i-Premium, Sport and Comfort Access PackageMods: Lux H8 V3 Angel Eyes, Weisslicht LED license plate lights, Interior LED lights, RPI Scoop, Matte Black Grills, Smoked LED side markers & side reflectors, 35% tint all around, and a 3

Originally Posted by olivierfm
Thanks for the reply and clarifying my question. Given the additional expense to upgrade the FMIC (after already spending big on the Cobb unit) I will stick with Stage 1 Sport ST (or perhaps try the LT). The car feels great and the increase in power is addicting - not sure i could go back to stock...
So true that it is addicting. If you have access to 93/94 octane gas you can run the stg 1 aggressive map to get a little bit more power compared to the sport map. Also the only difference between the st (stock throttle) and lt (linear throttle) option is how the throttle responds to your input.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:45 PM
Members

Thanks - There are only a few stations in the San Diego area that carry 100 grade fuel... Very pricy but worth a try to test the aggressive map at least for a few hundred miles...
Old 03-27-2013, 10:04 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 Silver 535i Virgin--Becoming a Beast!

Originally Posted by olivierfm
Just Installed Stage 1 Sport - stock throttle. Nice upgrade in power - very fun It looks like it is running close to 16lbs of boost. Is anyone running Stage 1 +FMIC Sport - stock throttle on a stock 535xi? Do you need to upgrade the intercooler first? I'm using 91 rated CA gas... Would love to hear about other experiences with different maps. Thanks
I am getting the Evolution Raceworks FMIC installed on my 2008 535i next week.
Right after that comes Dr Euro's Downpipes. These babies will fit better than AR's and also cost much less when available for public consumption.

Originally Posted by AlterZgo
With crappy 91 octane gas and a stock FMIC, I'm sticking with Stage 1 Sport ST. Yes, you do need to upgrade the FMIC if you plan to run the maps requiring FMIC. I suppose nothing bad will happen initially, but the stock intercooler is not large at all (supposed to be smaller than even the 335's intercooler) and will heatsoak quickly at elevated boost levels. Then, the car will likely dial back boost and timing and you'd be back at lower power levels anyway.

FMIC is a very worthwhile upgrade (unless you plan on eventually running meth). It will provide consistently more power and keep your car running better overall. Do that first.
You are right. Cobb's recent Dyno's on their 535i with FMIC and Stage 1+ is producing nearly 400HP to the wheels. Pretty awesome performance gains. Can't wait to pair it with Downpipes as well.

Jay C
Old 04-17-2013, 04:41 PM
Members

My Ride: 2010 535i, Sports Package, Nav, Prem Sound

Is anyone having issues with the Sport maps with California 91 gas? Have you all run some logs to make sure you're not getting timing corrections?

I'm kinda worried about running Sport right now, and I'm thinking about trying Drive.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:14 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine E60, '09 535i-Premium, Sport and Comfort Access PackageMods: Lux H8 V3 Angel Eyes, Weisslicht LED license plate lights, Interior LED lights, RPI Scoop, Matte Black Grills, Smoked LED side markers & side reflectors, 35% tint all around, and a 3

Originally Posted by amit1947
Is anyone having issues with the Sport maps with California 91 gas? Have you all run some logs to make sure you're not getting timing corrections?

I'm kinda worried about running Sport right now, and I'm thinking about trying Drive.
You should be fine with the sport map. Just be sure to use top tier gas, no rotten Robbie's or random gas. If you want to be sure datalog a couple of 3rd gear pulls and post them on bimmerboost, lot of guys running a cobb. The ots maps are still pretty conservative for what the N54 is capable of outputting. On the sport map I was averaging 12psi and now I'm averaging 17psi. I did a etune with ProTuning Freaks for a e30 map and the car pulls much harder now then the stg 1 aggressive map. The power of the turbos are just to damn addicting.

Last edited by Booyaazaa; 04-17-2013 at 05:16 PM.