E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Ipod Nano - charging, cradle and Aux out

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 10:30 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Current - 330 Sport Topaz Blue, Grey Leather, HK HIFI...lost interest!! Waiting for - 535d Sport, Silver Grey, Foldy Mirrors, 172 19",Logic7,Pro Radio,Through load,Heated Front Seats,High Gloss shadowline,Black Maple,Headlight wash,Sun Protection Glass.

Hi yawl,

After tring to buy my Xtrememac microflex cradle from the UK and failing I bought one from the US, turn round was 6 days (UK and Europe waiting for stock it seems). Anyhoo...

My Plan is to integrate it into my car using a Kuda phonebase. The Microflex is a very neat docking station for the nano, and with a little adjustment can be made to fit very neatly onto a kuda. To get a flush fit I trimmed the small cable tidy "wings" of the back with a craft knife.

Ipod Nano - charging, cradle and Aux out-ipod_002.jpg

I then cut a hole in the Kuda big enough to allow the Cigarette lighter plug to pass through, this also allows the hinge on the back of the cradle to pass thro for a now flush fit. Its fixed to the Kuda using double sided tape, its actually a very good fixing

Ipod Nano - charging, cradle and Aux out-ipod_004.jpg

When pushed through it looks like this

Ipod Nano - charging, cradle and Aux out-ipod_009.jpg

The plan is to hide the cigarette lighter plug which houses the fast blow fuse under the trim strip which runs along the transmission tunnel (havnt settled on how i'll do this yet). I have tapped a power feed from the rear cigarette sockets in the rear betwwen the seats, this will run to a new socket into which the microflex will plug.

Should be neat..I'll finish with some pics in the car...

For now this is the Nano in the cradle, to get an idea of the location in the car, look at my IPAQ install in my gallery in the signature, this is a smaller version of that really.

Ipod Nano - charging, cradle and Aux out-ipod.jpg

More when I fit in the car...
Old 02-07-2006, 05:06 PM
Contributors

so far so good mixterk. can't wait to see the finished application
Old 02-11-2006, 04:52 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Current - 330 Sport Topaz Blue, Grey Leather, HK HIFI...lost interest!! Waiting for - 535d Sport, Silver Grey, Foldy Mirrors, 172 19",Logic7,Pro Radio,Through load,Heated Front Seats,High Gloss shadowline,Black Maple,Headlight wash,Sun Protection Glass.

Originally Posted by ro11dice' post='236520' date='Feb 8 2006, 02:06 AM
so far so good mixterk. can't wait to see the finished application
In the car, sound quality is great..I can recomend

Ipod Nano - charging, cradle and Aux out-ipod_014.jpg

Flex lead is hidden behind the trim strip, slight cutting needed to facilitate the cigarette plug and socket which now pushes in cleanly. Power is taken from the rear cigarette lighters.
Attached Thumbnails Ipod Nano - charging, cradle and Aux out-ipod_011.jpg   Ipod Nano - charging, cradle and Aux out-ipod_015.jpg  
Old 02-11-2006, 05:24 AM
Members

My Ride: mystic blue 530i, auburn dakota, sport, nav, cold, dob 1-25-2006

What does the dealer installed Ipod holder look like? Does it sit in the same place? How much? for what you have here and how much will the dealer charge?

Thanks,

David...

Awaiting delivery on my Mystic Blue 530i...
Old 02-11-2006, 08:44 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by fenstermaker' post='238366' date='Feb 11 2006, 02:24 PM
What does the dealer installed Ipod holder look like? Does it sit in the same place? How much? for what you have here and how much will the dealer charge?

Thanks,

David...

Awaiting delivery on my Mystic Blue 530i...
There isnt a dealer fitted Ipod holder, the closest you will get at the dealers is the AUX input socket...do a search If you want a charger its a DIY