E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

iPod Interface Song Limit?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 12:37 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 550i silver gray, black leather, cold weather package, steptronic, rear side air bags, multi-contour seats, navigation, Logic 7, HUD, Sirius, HD radio

I recently had the iPod interface installed in my 2007 550i. I was surprised at how long it took to load my information each time I switched from CD1 to any of the other "CD's". However the thing that really bothers me is what seems to be an inability to load the data for all of the songs on my iPod. I have about 4,000 songs and I'm wondering if there is a limit due to the memory allocated to the CD changer system that the iPod interface replaces. Is anyone else having a problem loading and accessing all of the songs on their iPod?
Old 01-12-2007, 10:29 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have the interface (still waiting in vain for the Dension) but I seem to recall this is a song limit and it is clearly mentioned in the manual for the interface. I think the limit also depends on the MY of the E60. Can't find it at the moment but there was a link posted on there to the pdf for the manual.