E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

iPod.... i...?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 03:50 PM
ipp
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 07' 530d - M-Sport - Titanium Silver / Black Dakota leather 08' 120i - M-Sport - Alpine White III / Black Sensatec

Ok, Now my family are up to our second iPod, one mini and one U2.

On the way back from the Apple Store I jumped in and talked to my BMW Dealer (F?renade Bil Centrum - Malm? /Sweden). And I asked how to connect the iPods to our cars (E60 and E46). And they really didn't have a clue... iPo... what??? au...X??? what?? was their response.

They said that they didn't know how to connect the device to one of these cars...

Is it possible to connect AUX to a european car? And if my dealer, (the third largests i Sweden) doesn't have the correct instructions, can anyone here give me them?

cheers,

ipp.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:40 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d Sport in Carbon Black / high gloss shadow line and beige leather / dark poplar with professional nav, bluetooth phone prep, CD changer, bi-xenon adaptive headlamps, servotronic steering, folding mirrors, heated comfort seats, TV, extended voice control and Logic 7 hifi.

I can answer the "can it be done on a European car" part - yes - lots of us here have it.
Old 04-13-2005, 12:02 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 E60 M5/SMG (LCI) Interlagos Blue/Black Merino Aux input, sun protection glass, Bluetooth, Voice control

Originally Posted by clived' date='Apr 13 2005, 07:40 AM
I can answer the "can it be done on a European car" part - yes - lots of us here have it.
[snapback]114783[/snapback]
oh I don't ... but I'd like it. I get same response from my dealer; "don't know".
point me in right direction pls.
Old 04-13-2005, 01:38 AM
Senior Members

There isn't a good solution for the E60/61 as there is for the E46, where you can see the playlist on the radio display...

I think BMW is working on it, so we can get the playlist into Idrive

The AUX IN, only transmit the sound, not the operation of the iPod. I would like a solution as the E46, where I don't have to use the iPod to select what music I would like to listen to, but via Idrive can choose it..

Until BMW have a solutiuon for the E60, i'm using a FM transmitter (iTrip).. Works pretty good....
Attached Thumbnails iPod.... i...?-itrip.jpg  
Old 04-13-2005, 03:48 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i Mystic Blue/Black Leather Type 124 Wheels

The E46 has a proper kit that the delaer must install, and then you can control the Ipod from the steering wheel, but you loose the 6 CD changer

Its on their parts system, tell them to search for Ipod

The E60 system is still bein worked on, but all can be fitted with aux
Old 04-13-2005, 04:14 AM
Members

I'm using the AUX input for the moment and it works fine.
I don't know why your dealer doesn't know about it because an AUX input is not so special to install and well known by all BMW dealers.
I had an FM Transmitter but here in Belgium it's a waste of money because you're losing all the time the transmission.

Please see following link for a solution with full control of Ipod on the Idrive :

http://www.dension4u.de/shop/product_info....products_id=426

I've sent them an e-mail to keep me informed when this is available.
If i have it installed i'll put it in the forums.
Old 04-13-2005, 05:05 AM
Contributors

My Ride: MY 2004 545i Touring, High Executive Line, Comfort Line II, Vision Line II (Dutch specced Packages), Color: Oxford Green. Interior: Black/Black leather. Trim: Dark Popular wood. Gear: Steptronic 6-speed Other options not incuded in above packages: M-Sport aero kit, sports suspension, heated steering wheel, rear side-airbags, front screen with green upper part, panorama roof, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels with Dunlop RFT's, HiFi Pro/LOGIC7, alarm class 3, heated seats rear and voice recognition. Waiting for february delivery of 325i Touring and 130i

expect some iPod connection kit soon (I hope before summer). Next friday our Mini Cooper S Works will have such a kit fitted too.

P.S. the Mini iPod connector unit is manufactured by Alpine Elctronics