E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

ipod in e60 - bangkok

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 05:04 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 525ie made in Thailand.

Hi,

I arrived in Bangkok almost 2 years ago now, I then bought a E60 (MY2005) from German Auto, despite the horribly expensive price compared to Europe, I was disappointed by the lack of options normally available in european model such as the ipod connection or the GPS system.
Each time I asked the dealer nobody seems to know anything about anything......
so do you know a place where they could fit me with an ipod interface ?
Since I lived in Bangkok I saw a lot of modified E60, what is the best place for engine upgrade ? approved by BMW if possible to not lose the warranty....

Thanks,

David.

(newbie in BKK)
Old 03-01-2007, 05:27 AM
Contributors

Yes they lack the GPS system and all the options if you buy CKD in Bangkok. But if you get the 530, you get practically everything, but thats CBU, and they just started offering that model recently, well about 7 months now. As for engine upgrade, if you're thinking engine transplant, there's no way to do without voidin your warranty, I don't think so. And if you wanna get parts, RPM is a good place to start but I warn you that its very very pricey. Anyways, I've been here almost two years as well, and owned an E60 since I arrived, and I know a few places if you're interested, as for iPod Interface, just get the part number, then call up German and order it. They'll do the install for you, I'm sure. Its best if you get the part number first tho. Anyways, where are you from? The Thai members are growing now, slowly. AWESOME!!
Old 03-01-2007, 12:38 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by david-bkk' post='397094' date='Mar 1 2007, 03:04 PM
... what is the best place for engine upgrade ? approved by BMW if possible to not lose the warranty....
Not possible!

Old 03-05-2007, 06:25 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 525ie made in Thailand.
Talking

Thanks for the reply.
I went to RPM on Thonglor, but the only thing they propose me is to make my 525 look like an M5, which apparently is what a lot of people here like to do it. Looks like it but is nothing like it. I'm more interested in the other approach, a less desapointing one: Doesn't look like it, but drives like it. In other words I'm more interested in improving the way it drives more than the way it looks. Still i'm not against big wheel and lower ride, but to go all the way to make it looks like an M5 in every details when it is indeed a 520..... not my thing.
I have never modified a car but stop if i'm wrong: If I go to Haman, or AC Schnitzer, these guys are approved by BMW right ? and if I ask them to tune my engine I don't loose the warranty right or wrong ?
Regarding the ipod, which part to order is the thing !! has anybody some experience with this, in BKK.
by the wat I'm from France.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:40 PM
Members

Originally Posted by david-bkk' post='398944' date='Mar 5 2007, 08:25 PM
Thanks for the reply.
I went to RPM on Thonglor, but the only thing they propose me is to make my 525 look like an M5, which apparently is what a lot of people here like to do it. Looks like it but is nothing like it. I'm more interested in the other approach, a less desapointing one: Doesn't look like it, but drives like it. In other words I'm more interested in improving the way it drives more than the way it looks. Still i'm not against big wheel and lower ride, but to go all the way to make it looks like an M5 in every details when it is indeed a 520..... not my thing.
I have never modified a car but stop if i'm wrong: If I go to Haman, or AC Schnitzer, these guys are approved by BMW right ? and if I ask them to tune my engine I don't loose the warranty right or wrong ?
Regarding the ipod, which part to order is the thing !! has anybody some experience with this, in BKK.
by the wat I'm from France.
I think only Dinan is the authorized aftermarket company that will not void your warranty, at least in US.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:37 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by david-bkk' post='398944' date='Mar 6 2007, 04:25 AM
Wrong.

BMW does not approve aftermarket stuff.
There are companys that are tolerated.

If you get chiptuning from somebody, whoever it is, your warranty on the engine is voided. BUT: you then have a warranty from the chip tunner. That's not a BMW warranty...
Old 03-22-2007, 04:22 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 645Ci black/red, Eibach springs, K&N air filter, Wetterauer ECU upgrade, Eisenmann 83mmx4 exhaust, 20" Sportec wheels-Michelin PS2 tires, Hamann front add-on lip

Originally Posted by david-bkk' post='397094' date='Mar 1 2007, 09:04 AM
Hi,

I arrived in Bangkok almost 2 years ago now, I then bought a E60 (MY2005) from German Auto, despite the horribly expensive price compared to Europe, I was disappointed by the lack of options normally available in european model such as the ipod connection or the GPS system.
Each time I asked the dealer nobody seems to know anything about anything......
so do you know a place where they could fit me with an ipod interface ?
Since I lived in Bangkok I saw a lot of modified E60, what is the best place for engine upgrade ? approved by BMW if possible to not lose the warranty....

Thanks,

David.

(newbie in BKK)
Hi Dav,

I have similar question regarding ipod before. I went to my local BMW service workshop for advise. Your BMW workshop might need your chasis no. to determine whether your e60 ipod compatible. If it is, they propose which module and wiring is needed for your car. They have to remove the cd changer in the glove box and replace it with ipod wiring/connector. My local workshop charge me $370 include module, wiring, and installation.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:21 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 BMW E60, Titanium Silver with original BMW Mtec front, aprons, M5 trunk cover, badging, de-chroming, M5 steering wheel, M5 mags BBK JBT 380 mm 6 pot front 355 4 pot rear / Eibach Pro Spring Kit - ICE - Genisis LOC converter, Alpine Multi Media Manager, DLS Ultimate Big 5 amp, Morel Elate 6 front speakers, MB Quart rear speakers, 2 sets SEAS Lotus 10" subs, IPOD interface via Harman Kardon Drive+Play, Critical Mass 10 Farad power capacitor, best of both worlds... Also Bluetooth interface, M5 original sport exhaust, M door sills, and more...

Originally Posted by gasterus' post='405595' date='Mar 22 2007, 07:22 PM
Hi Dav,

I have similar question regarding ipod before. I went to my local BMW service workshop for advise. Your BMW workshop might need your chasis no. to determine whether your e60 ipod compatible. If it is, they propose which module and wiring is needed for your car. They have to remove the cd changer in the glove box and replace it with ipod wiring/connector. My local workshop charge me $370 include module, wiring, and installation.
Hi Guys, First, sorry mine is a (poser) M5, but I am working on the performance!

I had my E39 upgraded to a 530 spec at BMW when I had about 40,000 km on it, they put in Schrik cam Mahle pistons, 6 speed transmission and I chipped both wtih AC and it had all the original AC parts. Now today many shops can stroke the E39. I have found no shops to stroke my new E60 N52 valvetronic, at least in Thailand. Noelle Germany can do it, about 8,000 EURO, but you have to send the short block to them and the ECU. Block is magnesium and weighs only 63 kg, and they can do it in 5 days, but VOIDS the warranty. I have the performance spec on the upgrade if anybody is interested.

Also I wanted to put a spring kit on my E60, but again dealer said "NO" will void warranty, and I have an original M5 exhaust, adn this also would void warranty, but they "overlooked" this for me.

So no engine upgrade and no handling improvement by spring kit or warranty is kaput... I am resigned to wait 1 - 1.5 years until the car is run in well with 20k on the clock and just go ahead with the mods regardless of warranty. but now I have only 400 km on it, it is still a baby!

So yes I also want to get my girl handling well and with the power I was used to on the 3.2, but will have to wait...

IPOD, I had a Dension Ice Link on the E39, but on the E60 have the AUX input and put in the HK Drive + Play, I am pretty chuffed about my stereo system... back from China this week and will get it from UDOMCHAI with a new additiional amp. I had the BMW IPOD interface on a company car in Europe, was too SLOW in scrolling. if you have only a few playlists with not so many songs I guess it is OK, but honestly it drove me crazy. Dropping the HK on top of the system via AUX works perfect. Have a drawingn on this topic link http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=39135

Cheers,

Ted