E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

ipod adapter?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 07:19 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530i, sport pkg, prem pkg, navigation; titanium silver w/ black interior
Thumbs up

i called my dealership to set up an appt to have the aux input installed and the SA quoted me $400.. when i asked "why so much" he said that it was an ipod adapter installed through the glove that allowed you to control your ipod through the navigation interface. has anyone heard of this?
Old 03-04-2006, 08:39 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

I would like to hear the answer to that... I think your dealer is smoking crack!
Old 03-04-2006, 08:47 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by gamehaus' post='249713' date='Mar 4 2006, 12:19 PM
i called my dealership to set up an appt to have the aux input installed and the SA quoted me $400.. when i asked "why so much" he said that it was an ipod adapter installed through the glove that allowed you to control your ipod through the navigation interface. has anyone heard of this?

Could you check back with your dealer and ask him if he wants the ipod adaptor up his crack?

Many threads on ipod adaptors (aux input) here. The BMW part is installed in the glove box but can be done for less. I think Ive seen $200 mentioned here.
Old 03-04-2006, 12:44 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530i, sport pkg, prem pkg, navigation; titanium silver w/ black interior

Originally Posted by Veight' post='249745' date='Mar 4 2006, 09:47 AM
Could you check back with your dealer and ask him if he wants the ipod adaptor up his crack?

Many threads on ipod adaptors (aux input) here.
yes, i've read most of them. he insisted the ipod was controlled through the nav, i'll find out for sure. most likely just an aux input, i agree.
Old 03-04-2006, 03:43 PM
Members

Angry

ok gang, false alarm. i just spoke to the parts manager and confirmed it was the well-documented-on-this-website aux input. SA was mistaken --> who would have thought a guy who works around bmw's all day wouldn't know a detail like this? (i'm being sarcastic)

sorry fellas!
Old 03-05-2006, 09:06 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

So did they lower the price for you? I got mine done for $210.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:57 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by gamehaus' post='249910' date='Mar 4 2006, 07:43 PM
ok gang, false alarm. i just spoke to the parts manager and confirmed it was the well-documented-on-this-website aux input. SA was mistaken --> who would have thought a guy who works around bmw's all day wouldn't know a detail like this? (i'm being sarcastic)

sorry fellas!
Since the pre MOST bus (E39, E46, E85 etc) cars can have the iPod integration it is somewhat easy to see why they get confused. Alot of times it comes in as "can a 5 series" do this or that and the right answer is "it depends" e39 or e60?

Happens to me on other things when you have complex configurations such as Delta II or Delta IV or Atlas IIAS or Atlas V rocket booster
Old 03-16-2006, 08:57 PM
Members

did they lower the price? well.. "yes" and "definitely not". i negotiated tint into my purchase but decided against tinting the windows b/c the halo effect on the rear window really bugged me. so instead they gave me a "$200 credit" towards anything in the service department.

at first, they wanted to charge $430 for the aux input. i almost crapped my pants. after some arguing and haggling i ended up paying $100 cash plus my voucher. so i paid less than all you fellas in cash but i probably spent $1000 in my time negotiating for concessions. heh. that's ok, negotiating is my job anyway.

so here's the thing, friends. i have been obsessing about this stupid aux input for months, have had it installed for a week and haven't had time to actually check it out!!! oh the irony is so thick you could cut it with a plastic knife...
Old 03-17-2006, 09:16 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by gamehaus' post='256151' date='Mar 17 2006, 05:57 AM
did they lower the price? well.. "yes" and "definitely not". i negotiated tint into my purchase but decided against tinting the windows b/c the halo effect on the rear window really bugged me. so instead they gave me a "$200 credit" towards anything in the service department.

at first, they wanted to charge $430 for the aux input. i almost crapped my pants. after some arguing and haggling i ended up paying $100 cash plus my voucher. so i paid less than all you fellas in cash but i probably spent $1000 in my time negotiating for concessions. heh. that's ok, negotiating is my job anyway.

so here's the thing, friends. i have been obsessing about this stupid aux input for months, have had it installed for a week and haven't had time to actually check it out!!! oh the irony is so thick you could cut it with a plastic knife...
When you do start using it you may be disapointed with the quality of the sound - especially the bass.

If you search on this forum you will find a post from my530i explaining how to snip some 'bits' of the connection cable (super easy) which will make everything sound very very good.
Old 03-19-2006, 03:36 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 530i Alpine White, Sport Package, 6MT, Auburn interior 2007 Acura TSX, Black on Black, 6MT, OEM Body Kit 2000 Honda CBR929RR, Yellow, Pazzo Racing adjustable brake/clutch levers, Sato rear sets, full Micron Exhaust, double bubble windscreen.

Originally Posted by gamehaus' post='249910' date='Mar 4 2006, 07:43 PM

sorry fellas!
don't be surprised when ppl work at the dealer and they don't know jacksh*t. i've expirience this a few times. one had told me that there is no such thing as a zhp model when i previously own a zhp. and when it was time to return my zhp lease i had to replace one of my fog lights and they kept on insisting on giving me the one with a clear lens without the gridlines. they said it's the updated version. and i already had the broken one infront of them. such an idiot, i know it's the updated one but it would look really weird with different lens.

btw, i know drive a 530i sport with manual transmission. i had a tough time locating a manual tranny for the 530i.

Quick Reply: ipod adapter?