E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Ipod

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 11:52 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Silver Gray Metallic 04 525 Sports/Premium Pkgs, iDrive/Nav, Comfort seats, B&B Exhaust, Leather, 6sp manual, Sun Screens, Split rear ski pkg, run flat

I have some questions for you experts,

1. I have an aux being installed so I can connect an Ipod. I have read here and there about a fully integrated Ipod connector. What does "fully integrated mean", and how does it differ from an aux connection?

2. What does an aux jack look like? Is it what I (an obvious amateur at this) would know as a headphone plug.

3. Should I wait for the fully Intergrated connector.

Sorry to be so direct in my questions when I know the theme of these topics is more conversational, it just that my "pride and joy is due in soon".

As a totally new use I just want to add that this is a great site and very user friendly.

Thanks
A.
Old 09-20-2005, 12:01 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Current - 330 Sport Topaz Blue, Grey Leather, HK HIFI...lost interest!! Waiting for - 535d Sport, Silver Grey, Foldy Mirrors, 172 19",Logic7,Pro Radio,Through load,Heated Front Seats,High Gloss shadowline,Black Maple,Headlight wash,Sun Protection Glass.

Originally Posted by reidnul' date='Sep 20 2005, 08:52 PM

1. I have an aux being installed so I can connect an Ipod. I have read here and there about a fully integrated Ipod connector. What does "fully integrated mean", and how does it differ from an aux connection?

2. What does an aux jack look like? Is it what I (an obvious amateur at this) would know as a headphone plug.

Sorry to be so direct in my questions when I know the theme of these topics is more conversational, it just that my "pride and joy is due in soon".

As a totally new use I just want to add that this is a great site and very user friendly.

Thanks
A.
[snapback]172770[/snapback]
What country are you in...

1= connected into idrive
2=pretty much as you describe
3= The BMW Aux In is a fully integrated connector, some pics on this forum./
Old 09-20-2005, 12:24 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by reidnul' date='Sep 20 2005, 02:52 PM

Thanks
A.
Old 09-20-2005, 12:24 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by reidnul' date='Sep 20 2005, 02:52 PM

Thanks
A.
Old 09-20-2005, 12:36 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Originally Posted by mixterk' date='Sep 20 2005, 01:01 PM
[quote name='reidnul' date='Sep 20 2005, 08:52 PM']I have some questions for you experts,

Thanks
A.
What country are you in...

1= connected into idrive
2=pretty much as you describe
3= The BMW Aux In is a fully integrated connector, some pics on this forum./
[snapback]172778[/snapback]
[/quote]

I think fully integrated would mean that you can control your iPod from the car's controls such as iDrive or steering wheel which is currently not an availalbe option for the current e60.

The BMW Aux In would only allow you to add an external source to your iDrive/stereo so in this case, your iPod can be played directly through the stock stereo. When you're in the Entertainment screen, you'll see Aux as another input selectable from your iDrive but you can't control the iPod. You'll still have to do that from the iPod itself.

There's another product made by Peripheral called the iPod2Car iPod adapter that's suppose to fully integrate the iPod with a car stereo but it's also not yet available for the e60. Not sure when if ever.
Old 09-20-2005, 12:36 PM
Contributors

quote=reidnul,Sep 20 2005, 02:52 PM]

Thanks
A.
[/quote]

I'm sorry for the previous faulty replies

Take a look at this, maybe helps.

5_series_aux_input.pdf
BMW_AUXInstallation.pdf
Old 09-20-2005, 10:05 PM
Members

My Ride: Silver Gray Metallic 04 525 Sports/Premium Pkgs, iDrive/Nav, Comfort seats, B&B Exhaust, Leather, 6sp manual, Sun Screens, Split rear ski pkg, run flat

thanks. i am in austria and the bmw dealer here doesn't seem to have much of an idea.