E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Introducing the all new dension bmw I-con drive

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 10:03 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't get a chance to call dension yet but i thought this was something interesting to post here.

I noticed this thread on our forum and I remembered those of you who say you would like some sort of connectivity to the car with our android phones.

This product seems to be one that can do it, but our car isn't listed on the compatibility list, how ever in the same thread member AchtungE60 whom I as well as many other consider him to know his stuff, says he has seen this device hooked up on e60s via the most connector for the cd changer in the glove.

supposedly if we were able to get this installed in our car you would just have get the andriod app that supports the hardware and you should be able to control changing tracks and some other functions with the steering and radio controls and see the track names on screen.

here is the link to the actual product I'd love to see if someone tries it besides android it does apple, bluetooth and usb thumb drives all as addons check it out.

http://gromaudio.com/store/usb_adapt...d_car_kit.html
Old 06-29-2012, 01:31 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535xi Platinum Gray Metallic -ready to mod

I'm definitely interested in this
Old 06-29-2012, 05:34 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 05 545/6

Originally Posted by spediegunz
I didn't get a chance to call dension yet but i thought this was something interesting to post here.

I noticed this thread on our forum and I remembered those of you who say you would like some sort of connectivity to the car with our android phones.

This product seems to be one that can do it, but our car isn't listed on the compatibility list, how ever in the same thread member AchtungE60 whom I as well as many other consider him to know his stuff, says he has seen this device hooked up on e60s via the most connector for the cd changer in the glove.

supposedly if we were able to get this installed in our car you would just have get the andriod app that supports the hardware and you should be able to control changing tracks and some other functions with the steering and radio controls and see the track names on screen.

here is the link to the actual product I'd love to see if someone tries it besides android it does apple, bluetooth and usb thumb drives all as addons check it out.

http://gromaudio.com...od_car_kit.html
that's the wrong one- that's for older BMWs. we need the MOST version:
http://gromaudio.com/store/most_adap...pto_fiber.html
Old 06-29-2012, 06:05 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by 545felix
that's the wrong one- that's for older BMWs. we need the MOST version:
http://gromaudio.com/store/most_adap...pto_fiber.html
ooohhh thanks for the correction there is a big disparity in price how ever when we jump to the e models but oh well the point still remains the same andriod users this might be what you've been asking about.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:31 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by dmatrixs
I tried to order and I can't get it shipped to the US, anyone else got this hiccup?
Okay small update:

I called our good friends at Dension to ask them wth is going on ?

Questions
1.why is this product out and we have no information on it at all such as installation details, spec sheet, specific details let alone even a picture of the product.

2.I asked about how come this product can't be purchased within the US.

Answers
1.to summarize well we are working on a installation video, a details page and spec sheet but I cannot tell you when they will be complete.
(I said) So now that the product is out how does someone even know if it is compatible for their cars.
(He said) all you need to know is that currently it only doesn't work for the 7 series and that you need a ccc professional in your car.

2. While the product is out we do not control distribution you would have to call your US distributor to find out more information on how you can get it in the US. and he gave me the distributors name which i will now pass on to you.

AAMP of America
33760 Clearwater
13190 56th Court, Suite 401
E-mail address: aampofamerica@gmail.com

Naturally I called them and spoke to a nice fellow, He informed me that unfortunately we have to wait some more, the reason being is even though dension may release the product they like to fully test it to make sure they want to sell it in the US. that being said he told me that they already have received audi's version of the iCon drive from dension for testing and it has finally been approved and will soon be added to there website for local distribution. However dension has not yet sent over the bmw version of the iCon drive to them yet. He assured me that eventually they will get it and test it. I asked him for any links to the audi icon drive so that we could at least have more info on the product so when our turn comes around we will already know what to expect, but unfortunately aamp hasn't officially added it to their site for sale yet, but very soon they will because it was already tested and approved.

All I could really do was ask to be emailed when more info becomes available so periodically I will check the site and call up to find out any more news

here is the site he told me to check out to see if the icon drive will be available.
http://pac-audio.com/default.aspx
Old 06-29-2012, 07:35 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

I am working on it. Don't worry!
Old 06-29-2012, 07:47 AM
Senior Members

thanks john someone like you is exactly what we need to solve this mystery
Old 07-05-2012, 06:20 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

Okay everyone. I got a price on these and will set up a group buy. Retails for $580 plus install. Install should be pretty simply. Lead time is 3 weeks. I have NOT installed any of these so I do not expect anyone to be a guinea pig with me. HOWEVER. If I get 4 of these, 2 for my cars and 2 for my partner, it will take 3 weeks. After that, u guys gotta wait another 3 weeks. As an introductory offer, I can do it for $480 plus shipping. More details to come. I need a decent amount of people though.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:23 AM
Senior Members

john can you get us more info maybe a spec sheet or something so we could know whose compatible and exactly what it can and cannot do? I may definitely be one and I have a friend
Old 07-05-2012, 06:24 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 525XI | Cold Weather Package | Premium Package No Mods Yet

John I'm willing to be a guinea pig to be in the first 3 weeks batch.

Quick Reply: Introducing the all new dension bmw I-con drive