E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Interior Ideas

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 06:39 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I think I am almost done with the outside as I am getting black window trims&grille and destroy the DPF.

And now its interior's turn.

It's snowy outside so I am too lazy to go out and take photos. The interior is beige color and platinum(gray) trim. I am planning to change them to carbon fiber.

I am not planning to get it wrapped since it might tear off, so I am wide open for ideas, photos and suggestions either to use full original cf (dunno price range), fake cf or whatever
Old 02-17-2012, 09:07 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

I'm currently working on a coupe wood trims I've painted black. They are ready for buffing and I've phographed the various stages. The color is black and I'm really liking it! These are only test parts but I would love to see a full set in a car. I currently have the carbon wrap so can remove if I like. Once the trims are painted, thats it unless I would decide on a different color. I'll throw out the pic in the next few days.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:56 AM
Members

Originally Posted by tonyb635
I'm currently working on a coupe wood trims I've painted black. They are ready for buffing and I've phographed the various stages. The color is black and I'm really liking it! These are only test parts but I would love to see a full set in a car. I currently have the carbon wrap so can remove if I like. Once the trims are painted, thats it unless I would decide on a different color. I'll throw out the pic in the next few days.
Waiting for the pics !

I'd try to do them myself but I don't have the time for it. I spend my weekends getting drunk and working on weekdays. I guess I'll get a full set interior on beige.

However my steering wheel is SE so I'm trying my way to swap it to Hartge CF wheel. OMG so many stuff to do in the car
Old 02-18-2012, 04:28 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Well, I'll post a few now but since it seems as you are probably drunk at the moment I would think it's better to have a look on Monday. This way you won't have to close one eye to see them... That Raki can be some dangerous stuff!
Interior Ideas-photo-blk-1.jpgInterior Ideas-photo2.jpgInterior Ideas-console2.jpgInterior Ideas-photo-door1.jpg
Old 02-18-2012, 04:36 PM
Senior Members

If there is anyone out there interested in getting their trims painted let me know. No cost to you except materials. I'm just wanting to get an entire set done to see what it looks like back in your car with photos taken by you once they are all back in. That would be the only agreement. I'm still on the fence if I want to do mine or not. The perfect candidate would be someone who has trims with scratches etc since the change is permanent. Mine are in nearly perfect condition and they are currently carbon wrapped. So painting them is a tough decision for me at the moment. If your interested PM me.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:41 PM
Members

Originally Posted by tonyb635
If there is anyone out there interested in getting their trims painted let me know. No cost to you except materials. I'm just wanting to get an entire set done to see what it looks like back in your car with photos taken by you once they are all back in. That would be the only agreement. I'm still on the fence if I want to do mine or not. The perfect candidate would be someone who has trims with scratches etc since the change is permanent. Mine are in nearly perfect condition and they are currently carbon wrapped. So painting them is a tough decision for me at the moment. If your interested PM me.
Hey Mate ! Love the pics ! They look quite nice.

I am sober but very sleepy. What a weekend !!! Whisky, raki, champagne, and blablabla

Well I will search for aftermarket cf ones, otherwise I'll need to buy the kits and get them done.

I'll get them done the minute I find them. I actually want real carbon fibre but they must have cost a fortune and I already have spent a fortune on the car and will spend another fortune for Hartge CF steering wheel, and I'm planning to get eisenmann exhaust for 520d blablablabla...

So my new motto is "men work for their cars, not for their women"
Old 02-20-2012, 07:48 AM
Members

Well just a few minutes ago I hit the car and broke some arms behind the wheel and melted the wheel a bit.............. soooooooo back to service tomorrow............