E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Integrated Valentine1/Diffusers and Jammers

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2004, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by mclc26' date='Nov 25 2004, 09:29 PM
2004RTYPE,

I've been using my V1 for the past 6 years in NY & NJ (everywhere from Long Island to the Catskills and all over NJ), yet I can't recall ever getting a read on a true laser signal, aside from the usual traffic signs & brake light false readings.? I know that the state troopers use laser on the Thruway(I-87) up towards the Albany area(they had state troopers showing it off on the local news up there), but have you heard of or seen any cops using it around the NYC area, Long Island, NJ, or Catskills areas?? I usually just get hit with mostly Ka band and sometimes K and X band from the cops in these areas...

Just wondering if it is even worth going through the hassel of installing laser jamming products in my car...What do you think?
[snapback]60926[/snapback]

Yes I drive all over NYC, the diffusers and jamers help man, let me just say I have got those guys fooled so many times, it send a weird signal back and I see the troppers face as I fly by, its so damn funny.

One time I was at 105mph and got nabbed, however the only summons she issued me was no front plate, haha, got dismissed next day, I know alot of judges in NY area. Jammer screwed the Country Cop all up, with no record of what speed i was at they have no case for speeding.

The V1 in my opinion is just good for radar, you need the diffusers and jammer just to be safe, tickets in NY are not cheap and I cant afford point on my record so its worth the investment, I have had these upgrades in all my cars since 1997.
Old 11-25-2004, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Nov 25 2004, 11:06 PM
[quote name='mclc26' date='Nov 25 2004, 09:29 PM']2004RTYPE,

I've been using my V1 for the past 6 years in NY & NJ (everywhere from Long Island to the Catskills and all over NJ), yet I can't recall ever getting a read on a true laser signal, aside from the usual traffic signs & brake light false readings.? I know that the state troopers use laser on the Thruway(I-87) up towards the Albany area(they had state troopers showing it off on the local news up there), but have you heard of or seen any cops using it around the NYC area, Long Island, NJ, or Catskills areas?? I usually just get hit with mostly Ka band and sometimes K and X band from the cops in these areas...

Just wondering if it is even worth going through the hassel of installing laser jamming products in my car...What do you think?
[snapback]60926[/snapback]

Yes I drive all over NYC, the diffusers and jamers help man, let me just say I have got those guys fooled so many times, it send a weird signal back and I see the troppers face as I fly by, its so damn funny.

One time I was at 105mph and got nabbed, however the only summons she issued me was no front plate, haha, got dismissed next day, I know alot of judges in NY area. Jammer screwed the Country Cop all up, with no record of what speed i was at they have no case for speeding.

The V1 in my opinion is just good for radar, you need the diffusers and jammer just to be safe, tickets in NY are not cheap and I cant afford point on my record so its worth the investment, I have had these upgrades in all my cars since 1997.
[snapback]60934[/snapback]
[/quote]

also my V1 brain is going to be mounted in the center rear headrest, I already made a housing and will cut the foam and remove the leather and reinstall, it is a perfect location for front and rear view.
Old 11-29-2004, 12:36 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please make sure you post lots of pictures of the install. I'm considering the jammer as a next purchase....

I've posted pictures in April on my install of my passport, but I'd love to see any custom installs people have done.

James