E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Integrated Valentine1/Diffusers and Jammers

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2004, 08:06 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do these upgrade myself been masterfully doing them for years.

I think I am going to do it like this in the 545i.

The Diffusers will go in the front and rear bumpers, they will have to be removed and brackets fabricated in the aluminium support, piece of cake and makes a fun winter project.

The Jammer will go in the roof, headliner towards the rear.

My only concern is running wiring and removing the airbag panels, I have to grab one of my BMW techs to help from the dealer

Now I want VOTEs on this one:

The V1 display I can do it a few ways, I can put it in my rear view mirror, looks sweet but there is not alot of room in there with the other electrical stuff, plus its very noticable.

On the 2005 car there is the larger solid one pice wood trim on the lower dash, I think I may surgically cut the wood, insert the modified V1 Display and make a smoke Plexi lens so it is flush with the surorunding wood,

So when its off the trim will just show a black plexi lens, when its on the arrows will emit.

The speaker will go somewhere in the steering column

I got to get a jump on this soon
Old 11-24-2004, 08:09 AM
JDN
Contributors

I'd druther have the V1 arrows nearer the line of sight -- like the rear view mirror.
Old 11-24-2004, 08:19 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

2004RType, do you have navigation? If so, there's no room behind the wood panel you are thinking of cutting. That's the reason you don't have a cubby hole there like other cars.

With all due respect, it sounds like just about everything you're asking here has been discussed pretty thoroughly in past threads. (Break-in, mounting of radar equipment, removing phone holder in console, etc.)

Spend some time searching and learning before you take the hacksaw to your car -- I think you'll find that we're here to help out but it's always easier when you've done your basic "homework" and gotten up to speed on some of the basics.

Enjoy your car and be careful!
Old 11-24-2004, 08:51 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW M-Power

I am not a fan of difusser.

Lidatek www.lidatek.com is the Laser Jammer of choice by most. Do a google and see for yourself. Its the only jammer that fires back a laser.

I have it on my cars inconjuction w/ V1. The best combo in my book.

cheers,

beewang
Old 11-24-2004, 11:16 AM

I have the V1, K40 diffusers and Lidatek jammers.

I am going to mount the V1 brain in the rear center headrest,cutting a pocket into the foam and do all the leatherwork , it will work 100% and nobody will know.

I took the mirror apart earlier its a tight fit and i dont like having the arrows in the center of the mirror, I like them on the far left hand side, so thats why I want to use the wood panel.

So I do have NAV, what is behind the wood panel guys?
Old 11-24-2004, 01:35 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Nov 24 2004, 03:16 PM
So I do have NAV, what is behind the wood panel guys?
[snapback]60367[/snapback]
The CCC computer. Plenty of details about it out there for the searching...
Old 11-24-2004, 02:12 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Name:  post_10_1092470949.gif
Views: 27
Size:  2.3 KB
Old 11-24-2004, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Rudy' date='Nov 24 2004, 05:35 PM
[quote name='Guest' date='Nov 24 2004, 03:16 PM']So I do have NAV, what is behind the wood panel guys?
[snapback]60367[/snapback]
The CCC computer. Plenty of details about it out there for the searching...
[snapback]60417[/snapback]
[/quote]

Why do you guys insist on searching? I have zero patience to do so, If I can pick up the phone and get info I would everytime, I figure by posting topics as they appear in real time other users may have a similar concern and will like to
hear too, and from what i see we keep getting new members as more and more are buying these cars.
Is there a board rule that once a topic is discussed its quarantined from further discussion? Hope not.

The only thing Im scared of when I take this car aprt are the panels housing the airbags this stuff freaks me out, one of my buddies many years back put a customers new Lorinser steering wheel on and the airbag deployed in his face and burned him and the battery was disconected. Airbags freak me out.
Old 11-25-2004, 11:23 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Usually it takes longer for members to reply than you need to search... that's why...
And usually new members post such questions. Whith our hint they learn, that there is a search function...
Old 11-25-2004, 05:29 PM
Members

My Ride: '05 545i Sport Package 6-speed, cold weather package, premium sound '07 Mercedes GL450 '07 Porsche 997 Carrera S

2004RTYPE,

I've been using my V1 for the past 6 years in NY & NJ (everywhere from Long Island to the Catskills and all over NJ), yet I can't recall ever getting a read on a true laser signal, aside from the usual traffic signs & brake light false readings. I know that the state troopers use laser on the Thruway(I-87) up towards the Albany area(they had state troopers showing it off on the local news up there), but have you heard of or seen any cops using it around the NYC area, Long Island, NJ, or Catskills areas? I usually just get hit with mostly Ka band and sometimes K and X band from the cops in these areas...

Just wondering if it is even worth going through the hassel of installing laser jamming products in my car...What do you think?

Quick Reply: Integrated Valentine1/Diffusers and Jammers