E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Installed RPI Exhaust - 545

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 11:23 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 05 545/6

Originally Posted by dirksqjaw' post='855137' date='Apr 22 2009, 11:06 AM
With that said, my CCC is offline so I have no tunes,
wait...what happened to your CCC?
Old 04-22-2009, 05:55 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i - Bone stock... help!

Originally Posted by 545felix' post='855440' date='Apr 22 2009, 11:23 PM
wait...what happened to your CCC?
Dude it's been a f'ing nightmare, lol! At this point, we think it's a loom issue. Truth of it is, I don't think anyone knows and they are just replacing everything. A new loom is OTW from Germany and should be here in a week or two. We'll see after that. I think the heat out here just fries the wiring in cars. Both my headlights are jacked due to cracked wiring as well. Basically, the biggest problems with my car have come down to... wires.

Oh well, no radio so I get to listen to that sweet exhaust better .
Old 04-22-2009, 07:42 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Krozi' post='855163
Dude it's been a f'ing nightmare, lol! At this point, we think it's a loom issue. Truth of it is, I don't think anyone knows and they are just replacing everything. A new loom is OTW from Germany and should be here in a week or two. We'll see after that. I think the heat out here just fries the wiring in cars. Both my headlights are jacked due to cracked wiring as well. Basically, the biggest problems with my car have come down to... wires.

Oh well, no radio so I get to listen to that sweet exhaust better .
Good to see you are extremely excited on the positives, rather than being a downer about the negatives!! Congrats on the successful mod!!
Old 04-22-2009, 08:24 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl' post='855960' date='Apr 23 2009, 07:42 AM
Good to see you are extremely excited on the positives, rather than being a downer about the negatives!! Congrats on the successful mod!!
When I first started having problems with the electronics, I didn't take it so well. My previous post history will probably back that up, but since then I've had a baby girl, been laid off, got a new job, got pay cuts, got pay increases, etc and so forth. Through it all, every time I drive my car I love it. Even with the problems. At this point, I'm just extremely thankful and grateful for the things in my life, as imperfect as they may be occasionally .
Old 04-22-2009, 11:19 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F10 M5
Model Year: 2013

Very nice write up

I'm not sure why you had issues with the install. I was with Eloy when he was putting mine on and there were no problems. Please email Eloy to let him now about the issue. Enjoy your new exhaust! I am!!!
Old 04-23-2009, 02:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: A Car faster than yours.....

Originally Posted by pointerman' post='855431' date='Apr 22 2009, 12:14 PM

Nice vid! Thanks for posting it.

We always appreciate the reviews and the honesty that is given. Please trust ME in this though guys. Regardless of what the installing shop tells you, the seal/clamp will NOT leak. I assure you that I have tested the system and use the same clamps for several applications. When the exhaust pipes heat up, they expand and will complete the seal between the tubing and the clamps. I have installed quite a few of these now and we never had any issues. If anyone has installation questions, please feel free to call me and I will be more than happy to help or give you pointers.

Gas is cheap in UAI? Thanks for rubbing it in. lol
Old 04-23-2009, 08:03 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by RPIpower' post='856942' date='Apr 24 2009, 02:52 AM
Nice vid! Thanks for posting it.

We always appreciate the reviews and the honesty that is given. Please trust ME in this though guys. Regardless of what the installing shop tells you, the seal/clamp will NOT leak. I assure you that I have tested the system and use the same clamps for several applications. When the exhaust pipes heat up, they expand and will complete the seal between the tubing and the clamps. I have installed quite a few of these now and we never had any issues. If anyone has installation questions, please feel free to call me and I will be more than happy to help or give you pointers.

Gas is cheap in UAI? Thanks for rubbing it in. lol
It's like a buck a gallon or there abouts . Thanks for the reply btw! And the exhaust lol!
Old 04-30-2009, 07:25 PM
Contributors

A little over a week with the car - I thought I'd post and update. I've put a lot of miles on the car in this last week, all of which with no radio but the sweet exhaust.

I have to say, when I first got the car, I thought it might be a tad too loud. After driving around, both city and highway driving, very extensively.. I can honestly say.. it could be louder . I don't want anyone to take this as criticism, by any stretch! I'm just trying to say that already the note of the exhaust has settled in to how my car SHOULD sound on a daily basis. It still holds that luxo-sport feel in every way, but just when stomped on the gas, the sport comes out a bit more than it used too.

The little extra punch it adds is also very rewarding to have on tap as well. It's just.. soo much damn fun to drive . The drone at the certain RPM has me switching back and forth between D and DS depending on the average speed of traffic at any given point but I use DS WAY more often than I used to. The more aggressive response really adds to the whole experience in connection with the exhaust.

I had to pick up some VIP clients on the way to a site office, and had some fear in the back of my paranoid head that the exhaust would be too loud in the back of the car but there was nothing to worry about. I got compliments on the car on the way, and when we got there the CEO complimented how nice the exhaust sounded, and asked where I got it from .

And since this can't be a complete fluff piece - I'm going to search out some dynamat and line the underbelly of the car as much as possible. The only thing that annoys me in an otherwise great experience is my parking meter change rattling in my ashtray at certain RPM's due to harmonic vibration from the exhaust

But in the grand scheme of things - I'm just so in love!
Old 05-01-2009, 07:45 AM
dsm
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i Titanium Silver Metallic Automatic Transmission, Ventilated Comfort Seats in Beige Nasca Leather, Light Popular Trim, NAV, HUD, Active Steering, Night Vision, Cruise Control, Logic 7, Blue tooth Hands Free, Dynamic Stability, Soft Close, Heated Steering wheel, Dynamic Drive, Voice commands

Originally Posted by dirksqjaw' post='864873' date='Apr 30 2009, 10:25 PM
I had to pick up some VIP clients on the way to a site office, and had some fear in the back of my paranoid head that the exhaust would be too loud in the back of the car but there was nothing to worry about. I got compliments on the car on the way, and when we got there the CEO complimented how nice the exhaust sounded, and asked where I got it from .
haha thats nice
Old 05-01-2009, 05:07 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Gone: 2004 545i

The more clips I hear of this exhaust, the more I need it.

Where is everyone buying there RPI exhaust from? Price?

Quick Reply: Installed RPI Exhaust - 545