E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Installed new exhaust!! Love it

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 08:32 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i
Default Installed new exhaust!! Love it

Hello gentlemen, and ladies,

Just wanted to share my latest mod. I purchased and installed the magnaflow catback exhaust for my 08 535i. I absolutely love the sound and couldnt be more pleased. I had my heart set on the RPI exhaust but was too impatient to wait for the possible group buy to go into effect. The specs on the magnaflow exhaust say to expect gains of 10-15 hp but i honestly cant feel any performance gains. Maybe a dyno will show an increase. Extremely easy install and well worth the money. If anyone is looking to buy an exhaust for their E60 535i i totally recommend the magna flow cat back. Exhaust options are very limited for the 535i and a catback (for me anyway) was the only way to go.

I would like to sell my factory exhaust but i honestly have no clue what a fair/good price would be. I will post it in the proper forum location (classifieds) but does anyone have any input on how much i should sell it for. It has aprox 70k miles on it. Included a pic of my new exhaust as well as my old exhaust.
Attached Thumbnails Installed new exhaust!! Love it-photo.jpg   Installed new exhaust!! Love it-photo-1.jpg  
Old 10-24-2012, 10:02 PM
Members

My Ride: ' 05 545i 6 on the Floor

can u make a sound clip?
Old 10-25-2012, 01:09 AM
Senior Members

Default Yes...but

Originally Posted by problemchild1one
can u make a sound clip?
I can make you sound clip. I will however say that a video clip won't do it any justice. It's hard to get an idea of what it will sound like through a video clip. I listened to a few videos before pulling the trigger and installing it and it just sounds way better in person, a lot deeper sounding. But I'll definitely oblige. The only video recorder I have is my iPhone though. I'll work on it.

I haven't done the secondary cat delete yet either. I'm working with a shop to help create a straight pipe deleting the cats. I'm sure it will sound even better. But I'll try to take a video of both with and without the cat delete
Old 10-25-2012, 04:12 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i sport package

The bottom of your car is very clean considering it has 70k on it. Now you'll have to keep that pretty exhaust polished. After market companies are notorious for lying about hp gains. Is it much louder than the stock exhaust?
Old 10-25-2012, 10:01 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 535xi Purchased 2/2011Sapphire Black MetallicNatural Brown LeatherPremium, Sport & Cold Weather

Any clue if this same setup fits an XI? I need to get on an exhaust and have pretty much decided on a Magnaflow setup. Any drone at cruising speeds?

Originally Posted by epilithic
Hello gentlemen, and ladies,

Just wanted to share my latest mod. I purchased and installed the magnaflow catback exhaust for my 08 535i. I absolutely love the sound and couldnt be more pleased. I had my heart set on the RPI exhaust but was too impatient to wait for the possible group buy to go into effect. The specs on the magnaflow exhaust say to expect gains of 10-15 hp but i honestly cant feel any performance gains. Maybe a dyno will show an increase. Extremely easy install and well worth the money. If anyone is looking to buy an exhaust for their E60 535i i totally recommend the magna flow cat back. Exhaust options are very limited for the 535i and a catback (for me anyway) was the only way to go.

I would like to sell my factory exhaust but i honestly have no clue what a fair/good price would be. I will post it in the proper forum location (classifieds) but does anyone have any input on how much i should sell it for. It has aprox 70k miles on it. Included a pic of my new exhaust as well as my old exhaust.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:26 AM
Members

My Ride: 08 535i

i have the same set-up love the sounds
Old 10-25-2012, 11:48 AM
Senior Members

Default Louder

Originally Posted by onetime
The bottom of your car is very clean considering it has 70k on it. Now you'll have to keep that pretty exhaust polished. After market companies are notorious for lying about hp gains. Is it much louder than the stock exhaust?
It is much much louder than the stock exhaust. But it's not obnoxious.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:51 AM
Senior Members

Default Drone

Originally Posted by cryptical
Any clue if this same setup fits an XI? I need to get on an exhaust and have pretty much decided on a Magnaflow setup. Any drone at cruising speeds?
I'm not sure if it will fit on the XI, I would call magnaflow directly and ask. They are pretty friendly and knowledgeable. I have heard a few people say there is a slight drone at about 2k rpm while cruising but I haven't heard it yet. Could be that it needs to break in a little more though. We'll see
Old 10-25-2012, 03:53 PM
Senior Members

I'll work on the sound clip this weekend. The weather is not working in my favor out here.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:41 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

+1 for magnaflow, since the RPI is no longer available for the 535i we've done a number of magnaflow setups for the 535s that were looking for exhaust.

Quick Reply: Installed new exhaust!! Love it