E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Installed Mtech Bumpers with CF Diffuser

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 05:14 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Na
Default Installed Mtech Bumpers with CF Diffuser

So I basically got my car back from the paintshop the other day and decided to take some pics. I Installed the M5/Mtech bumpers with side skirts with a CF diffuser. The paint shop quoted me about $500 to install bumpers with sides and color match paint. I decided to just get the whole car painted so its all the EXACT same color. Didn't want to deal with paint color a shade off here and there. The install of pieces and paint with 4 coats and clear with wet sand and buff only cost $1700. Let me know what you think, I'll post front and sides later with better pics and lighting. Also installed are the Umnitza quad tip exhaust

Last edited by Stanley Siringoringo; 12-08-2015 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Add pics
Old 02-14-2013, 06:03 PM
New Members

Very nice...
Old 02-14-2013, 07:07 PM
New Members

My Ride: 530i

nice!
Old 02-14-2013, 10:04 PM
New Members

Thanks guys, im not too happy with the fitment with exhaust though. Not flush enough
Old 02-15-2013, 02:00 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Where did you get your diffuser and rear bumper? I have the umnitza rear and just ordered a dual diffuser but I am a little uncomfortable not knowing for sure if aftermarket will fit aftermarket... I ordered a set of front splitters to enhance my M5Tech front and this was a horrible fitment. Or more like not even close! Nothing that I could have done would have helped this to improve so I returned them. I ordered the main muffler from Summit Racing yesterday so just waiting on this and the diffuser to arrive! Your car looks nice!
Old 02-15-2013, 08:16 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i Sport
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N62

Looks good! I prefer that look over the M5 rear bumper. I'm not sure if it's just the angle of the pics, but it looks like your exhaust sticks out a bit.

I have an OE MTech kit on mine, will this diffuser just snap right in place of the original piece? Did the shop have to do anything extra for it to fit?
Old 02-15-2013, 12:21 PM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

Where did you get the diffuser? Also, any details on your dual\quad exhaust?
Old 02-15-2013, 02:33 PM
Members
Senior Members

too be honest brotha the tips should go in a little bit more and not stick out and the muffler should be raised up a little bit looks like too much gap
Old 02-15-2013, 04:35 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by tonyb635
Where did you get your diffuser and rear bumper?
Hey Tony, thanks man... I ordered the rear bumper from Umnitza and I actually ordered the diffuser from eBay. Actually my gf did I can ask her which seller she ordered from.

Originally Posted by Dishoom
Looks good! I prefer that look over the M5 rear bumper. I'm not sure if it's just the angle of the pics, but it looks like your exhaust sticks out a bit.

I have an OE MTech kit on mine, will this diffuser just snap right in place of the original piece? Did the shop have to do anything extra for it to fit?
Thanks man... The body shop did tell me it just snapped on, but I'm not sure to what extent what snap on means from their standards. The shop basically quoted $1700 to put on and paint the whole car and if things didn't fit properly where extra work may be needed, they will charge me a few hours here and there. They didn't charge me anymore so I assumed everything went to plan. I didn't ask them any questions because I did t want to give them any ideas.

Originally Posted by balbs
Where did you get the diffuser? Also, any details on your dual\quad exhaust?
I got the diffuser from a company that shipped from China. As for the exhause I bought it from a member on the forum. It gives it a little more umph to it the sound to the point where if seems like there is an exhaust. It is a V8 and I didn't take any resonators off, I'm thinking about taking one off this weekend

Originally Posted by ///M-Power
too be honest brotha the tips should go in a little bit more and not stick out and the muffler should be raised up a little bit looks like too much gap
Yea man I'm not too thrilled with the setup at all. The shop did the best they can do but I think they've could've done a little better. Basically it is prefabbed from Umnitza and there is barely any play in it, I'm actually thinking of selling it and just doing a custom setup
Old 02-15-2013, 10:53 PM
Members
Senior Members

They can try to cut your stock exhaust a little bit and weld the muffler so you tips don't stick out

Quick Reply: Installed Mtech Bumpers with CF Diffuser