E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Installed the Cobb Access Port-Stage 1 Aggressive

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 07:40 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 Silver 535i Virgin--Becoming a Beast!

Originally Posted by NoQuarter
I'm actually having second thoughts on selling my pipes. Mine are for an xi which are a much harder installation and removal process and me not being in a major modding friendly city like those in Cali or out east it is just harder to get things done that I can't do myself.

What you are looking at is a simple dual cone intake or DCI as it is called. Mine is from Vishnu but but there are others. The cones are pretty standard but it is easier to get it as a "kit" from a vendor because they provide the little custom pipe extensions that make it simple. You could also look at what has come to be called the Mr 5 style intake where you cut a hole in your exisitng stock box and add a hose with a cone filter which allows more air also.
So is this the BMS Kit you're describing? (DCI)
http://www.modbargains.com/BMS-Dual-...-335i-535i.htm

Originally Posted by pukka
Definitely install a DCI or aftermarket intake. One of these days I'll get around to installing the BMS kit i bought a few months ago.

I went the JB4 route so I know what you mean about the improved acceleration. The ONLY thing I've done so far is set the JB4 to Map 1 on 91 octane and so far I've been able to keep with a Dodge Charger Hemi and pull on a Hyundai Genesis - both cars have about 370 - 380hp. Once I install the new intake I want to mix in some 100 octane gas and run on Map 5 just to see if there's a noticeable difference.

Does the COBB tune support meth injection? Just curious since the JB4 does. Adding this and better downpipes can get the N54 close to 500hp.
I believe it does support Meth Injection.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:47 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

What's up Jay! Compared with what you did to your previous black beast, I'm surprised your current car is relatively stock. What's the hold up?
Old 08-03-2012, 07:49 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

Originally Posted by SoCalM5Mang
So is this the BMS Kit you're describing? (DCI)
http://www.modbargai...i-335i-535i.htm
That's it.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:42 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 Silver 535i Virgin--Becoming a Beast!

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan
What's up Jay! Compared with what you did to your previous black beast, I'm surprised your current car is relatively stock. What's the hold up?
HAH! Tony...look more closely at my Sig File. She's getting up there quickly. Pretty soon...I'm gonna run with you. NOT.

Bout to order the DCI today. It's only $79 from Mod Bargains....(if you know how to push Alan a little...JK)
Old 08-03-2012, 08:44 AM
New Members

My Ride: E60 535i
Model Year: 09

Something like this for an intake will allow you to suck in the most air with th trade-off of it being about 20deg otter than ambiant when moving. With an increase in boost more air is better and it being a bit hotter is a moot point when the turbo is already cranking out air temps of a couple hundred degs.

Attachment 135461
How did u install the UR strut with dci intake??
I have the same setup but cant get the strut bar install with dci being in the way.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:51 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535i, Sport, Premium, Navi, Comfort Access, USB/iPod Bluetooth, Cold Weather Package, Bi Xenon Cornering Headlights

I've been running this for over a year now and I've made several threads about this on the board. The car becomes an animal after the Stage 1 Aggressive tune. Couple that with returning a very respectable combined fuel consumption of 21-22 MPG and dollar for dollar, this is a very difficult packages to beat. I love my N54 E60 and I can see myself keeping this car a very long time especially since there's Stage 2 and 3 map Just have to get the supporting mods.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:27 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Originally Posted by SoCalM5Mang
HAH! Tony...look more closely at my Sig File. She's getting up there quickly. Pretty soon...I'm gonna run with you. NOT.

Bout to order the DCI today. It's only $79 from Mod Bargains....(if you know how to push Alan a little...JK)
LOL! Yeah I looked at your sig. Guess even with all the mods listed, the car still doesn't have the commanding presence of your old car...yet.

Oh and I don't know anyone at ModBargains but have you checked with Joe or Nerwyll at Trinity?
Old 08-03-2012, 09:39 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

Originally Posted by Shydee
How did u install the UR strut with dci intake??
I have the same setup but cant get the strut bar install with dci being in the way.

Hmm. Maybe it is the way the short extension pipes are made?? My pipe fits right over the cone with no issues. The short pipe I use on the rear inlet is longer than the one I use for the front so maybe my cone is pushed out further?

Edit... no that wouldn't be it - further out and the cone would be bigger. Maybe my cone is tapered a bit more and not as large a diameter that you have??
Old 08-03-2012, 09:49 AM
New Members

My Ride: E60 535i
Model Year: 09

Hmm. Maybe it is the way the short extension pipes are made?? My pipe fits right over the cone with no issues. The short pipe I use on the rear inlet is longer than the one I use for the front so maybe my cone is pushed out further?

Edit... no that wouldn't be it - further out and the cone would be bigger. Maybe my cone is tapered a bit more and not as large a diameter that you have??
I do believe they recently made the bms dci intakes a little bigger. Since i did recently purchased them maybe thats the one i got.

By the way what happened to your factory cold air scoops??
Old 08-06-2012, 10:39 AM
Senior Members

Does anyone want a set of used AR Design Catless downpipes? Used for about 100 miles, made for the e60 535i, selling for $1000 +Shipping.

Im also selling my Cobb for about $850+ shipping.

Reason for selling is because I sold my e60 535i. =(

Let Me know guys

Mahalo

Quick Reply: Installed the Cobb Access Port-Stage 1 Aggressive