E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Installed Bimmian updated illuminated shift knob

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 05:05 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Originally Posted by Stanley Siringoringo
That's fucken awesome that you pointed it out, good fucken point you fuck. Correction everyone, I was trying to keep the flow from what Bimmian.com refered to it as, but I forgot the word automatic. This is a "updated look Automatic shift knob" also known as a gear selector. Sorry for the confusion if anyone got confused, but I'm sure you all know what I meant, thank you guys for not being smart asses.

Just sayin'
Wow get angry much?
Old 02-01-2013, 05:22 PM
New Members

My Ride: Na

Originally Posted by BSLNoel
Damn, I'll ignore your threads and posts in the future. Point taken.
My apologies, that was unnecassary
Old 02-01-2013, 09:41 PM
New Members

My Ride: E60 530d M Sport

I got it off from Bimmian.com. They have one that illuminates and one that doesn't. It's only for looks, there's still like a lever/button on the back that needs to be pressed to select the gear
Thanks just had a look at their site, looks good.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:07 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 AW N52 with sports package & premium package; natural brown interior MODs: Orion V2s 3000K H8 Yellow Fogs Matte Black Kidney Grills 20" Miro 111 Hankook V12 Tires H&R Sport Springs Special coding via Simon (dbl flash hazards, digital velocity, etc.) LED Side Markers from Trinity Autosports LED License Plate Lights from Trinity Autosports Carbon Delete BMC Air Filter RPI Scoop RPI GT Exhaust Future MODs: Mtech Kit KW Variant 2 Coilovers CIC Retrofit Upgrade Audio System

Looks good my man.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:22 PM
Members

My Ride: '09 e60 n54 white/black

Hey brother sorry for bringing this old thread up, but i'm about to get one of these .. are they a good buy over OEM or what? Do they fit tight etc? i'm thinking about the non-illuminated one. Let me know what you think. TIA
Old 04-04-2013, 06:05 PM
Members

My Ride: 04 530i Shadow line mod Rpi scoop BMC air filtter Ksport coilover Mtech V2 Angel eyes HID low beams HID Fogs

I purchased the illuminated shifter from bimmian. Looked good, quality & fitment was satisfactory.
However, the green light stayed illuminated even when the car was off with the key out of the ignition.
No good, sent it back for a full refund.
Just could not deal with the light staying on.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:45 PM
Members

My Ride: '09 e60 n54 white/black

Originally Posted by galvatron
I purchased the illuminated shifter from bimmian. Looked good, quality & fitment was satisfactory.
However, the green light stayed illuminated even when the car was off with the key out of the ignition.
That's why i was thinking about the non-illuminated one lol .. guess i'll just stick with OEM then ..
Old 05-11-2013, 03:54 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by rob2388
Hey brother sorry for bringing this old thread up, but i'm about to get one of these .. are they a good buy over OEM or what? Do they fit tight etc? i'm thinking about the non-illuminated one. Let me know what you think. TIA
Sorry for the late reply, haha... But I really like it, it is a good buy, easy install, not tight. Did you already purchase it?
Old 05-11-2013, 03:55 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by galvatron
I noticed that too, but I switched the 2 connectors around, and it turned off.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:02 PM
Members

My Ride: BMW 550i

I noticed that too, but I switched the 2 connectors around, and it turned off.
I purchased the illuminated knob about an year ago from bimmian.com. Quality was 8/10 and fitment was 6/10.
Also, the green light on the knob keeps on until the car goes in the sleep mode and hence "High Battery discharge while parked" warning comes up the next day I'll start my car.

I will consider to get it again if you can help with the connector settings. Which connectors did you switch?

Quick Reply: Installed Bimmian updated illuminated shift knob