E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Initial Mods to 2007 BMW 530xi

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 06:36 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 Alpine White 530Xi 2009 Audi Q7
Hi guys,
I?m Sid, new to the forum. Have an alpine white 2007 530xi, with M-tech bumpers.
Been browsing thru the threads, very interesting topics?

Had this car since 2 years, so finally thinking of doing some mods.
Lil? ignorant when it comes to the technical stuff though.

Anyways, thought of a few things for the initial round of mods, any kind of input would be helpful.

Here goes:

? Exhaust ? thinking of RPI exhaust.
? Wheels ? I know this is a big thing when it comes to ?xi?, however, been reading a lot about it, I like the concave ones a lot ? like the miro 111, if anyone can suggest some nice wheels with exact of the specifications of the order (like the offset and all), I?ll be thankful. Thinking of 19?.
? Vinyl wraps ? on the roof and lower lip of the rear bumper.
? White angel eyes- been hearing a lot about john, may be he could help me out.
? Rear led brake lights - will it show an erroe msg?
? Mesh grill ? for the kidneys and front bumper.
? (Optional): BMS powerbox or Sprint booster ? Please advise!!
? (Optional): Performance Chip ? Please suggest brand!
? (Optional): Cold air intake ? Please suggest brand! (Was once told by some mechanic, that its not good in the winters or summers; don?t remember which)

So, thinking of starting the process slowly and getting things done one by one.
Can anyone suggest a good workshop to trust my car to? I?m around Long Island, NY.

Another question ? will car show an error message by doing any of the mods above?
If yes, how can that be taken care of? Coz, it is kinda irritating driving around with error msgs and tpm msgs in your face.

Alright guys, that should be it for now?

Cheers!!!
Old 10-04-2010, 11:14 AM
mc5
Members

My Ride: 535xi M3 vert

i would get some h and r springs are cars ride way to high. you have to get special fitment though for xi
Old 10-04-2010, 11:36 AM
Contributors

You got a long list there ... Good luck!!!

Contact Joe and nerweezy @ Trinity and or Michael @ acuteperformance, they should be able to help you out.
Old 10-04-2010, 01:18 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 530Xi Black Black Automatic NAV Cold Weather Package Premium Package Exterior Red RPI Air Scoop Matte Black Grills 15% Tints Rear Light Tints Shadowline Trim Black Carbon Fiber Roundels Gloss Red Painted Calipers CF hood and trunk roundels Engine BMC filter, RPI scoop Interior ACS pedals Ultimate LED Interior Light Kit Wheels Miro Type 111 matte black 19x8.5 wrapperd with Hankook V12 245/35/19 fronts 19x9.5 wrapperd with Hankook V12 275/30/19 rears Lighting Euro sticker Angel Eyes Upgrade 8000k FOG White LED Eyebrow Upgrade LED Cluster Upgrade LED License Plate Upgrade

Welcome man?I?m relatively new to the forum too?only a year?been modding since last march and I love it?I c you?re in NY?I?m from long island and more than willing to help you out especially since you have an xi?pm me and we?ll discuss anything you want man?best of luck

-Mike
Old 10-06-2010, 03:02 PM
Members

Sup bro, yeah theres only a handfull of us Xi owners inlcuding v_therussian, JeRZee XiE60 a few others and myself
were having a meet at fort lee NJ feel free to stop by, heres the thread btw
https://5series.net/forums/topic/104...3#entry1250213

and here's a thread that should be able to help by v_therussian in regards to wheels and suspension options for E60Xi's

https://5series.net/forums/topic/951...nsions-for-xi/

brabusw209amg is the man to ask for lighting upgrades

Also have had very good vendor experience with Trinity autosport you can IM NeRwEEzy
Old 10-06-2010, 05:07 PM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

? Rear led brake lights - will it show an erroe msg?

The OEM Hella LCI tails are the best (IMHO) and Bruce Miranda V6 cables. No errors

? (Optional): BMS powerbox or Sprint booster ? Please advise!!

Some like the Sprint Booster, but I love my BMS PowerBox. Unlike the sprint booster, you get actual HP gains on the powerbox. Downside is you have to get under the hood and tweak with some wiring.

? (Optional): Cold air intake ? Please suggest brand! (Was once told by some mechanic, that its not good in the winters or summers; don?t remember which)....most likely not good in summer since you want cold air. But skip that...get:

RPI scoops and BMC filter (hit up Trinity Autosport username nerweezy)
Old 10-06-2010, 08:18 PM
Members

Originally Posted by mc5
i would get some h and r springs are cars ride way to high. you have to get special fitment though for xi
Not thinking of suspension right now...may the next round of upgrades, thanks though..
Old 10-06-2010, 08:22 PM
Members

Originally Posted by JeRZee XiE60

Contact Joe and nerweezy @ Trinity and or Michael @ acuteperformance, they should be able to help you out.
Thanks buddy...will do...but am suprised u drive on those 20" wheels around jersey an ny...how r they holding up..
Old 10-06-2010, 08:22 PM
Members

Originally Posted by JeRZee XiE60

Thanks buddy...will do...but am suprised u drive on those 20" wheels around jersey an ny...how r they holding up..
Old 10-06-2010, 08:32 PM
Members

Originally Posted by meast13
Welcome man?I?m relatively new to the forum too?only a year?been modding since last march and I love it?I c you?re in NY?I?m from long island and more than willing to help you out especially since you have an xi?pm me and we?ll discuss anything you want man?best of luck

-Mike
Thanks Mike, I'm from long island too...hicksville....so, lemme know if u wanna meet up...this friday is good..
- Sid.

Quick Reply: Initial Mods to 2007 BMW 530xi