E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

If you have BMW MOST bus for iPod you can help

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 11:48 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I checked my IPOD mid day and the battery indicated that it was connected to a power source but fully charged. If I were you, I wouldn't worry about leaving it in the car and affecting the car's battery. It doesn't seem to be an issue.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:09 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

subterFUSE,

Do you have the "remember playback position" option turned on for all your music files? You can do a batch change by first select all your music files then (from a Mac) hit the command-i combination to bring up the properties window; "remember playback position" option is at the bottom of the window. This method works even when you jump to other songs. When you come back to the same song it will start playing right where you stopped or jumped.

The best thing is when you plugin your iPod it will synchronize the songs so iTunes will also, sort of, pick up where iPod has left, know what I'm sayin'?

Anyway, I did not mean to get off track and start talking about non-e60 stuff. (I do listen to my iPod through my car's AUX port, so this, sort of, is still on topic, yes?

Originally Posted by subterFUSE' post='373484' date='Jan 4 2007, 07:40 AM
Really? Wow, that is really bad news. Totally unacceptable for my use, because of the music I listen to. I must rip all of my CDs as single tracks, because the 4G iPods don't have gapless playback. So if I were playing a CD, I might get 60 minutes into it and then stop the car.... and next time I turn on it goes back to the beginning? Not acceptable.

With my AUX Input, the iPod works how I need it to. Automatically pauses when car engine turned off. Resumes where I left off when I hit play.