E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

iDrive iPod integration

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2005 | 04:24 AM
Members

I emailed Dension Re: the ice>link fibre (for E60) - They said it would be about the same price as the current icelinks (?150-200), and would be easily installable by the consumer. I dont believe them realy. I would have thought it woudld need a reprogram.
Old 06-02-2005 | 07:23 AM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Originally Posted by marty530d' date='Apr 19 2005, 02:38 AM
My thinking is that what I would really like is to be able to keep the iPod hidden away in the glove box and that could interact with it through the iDrive and/or steering wheel buttons as I would with my CD changer.

Apple already have this for the 3 series / X3 /X5 / Z4

? Apple iPod BMW Link

although there are major limitiations in supporting Nav or a CD Changer.

I would gladly swap my cd changer for an iPod integrated in this way. To me it looks like the Desion solution will be closest to what I need as this will most likely be a plug in replacement for the CD Changer.
[snapback]117062[/snapback]
I also saw on the Apple/BMW site that is says the current adapter (which doesn't work with the E60) isn't available for cars with nav, so something tells me the E60 adapter won't work with nav cars.

Dension sent me an email yesterday saying the E60 ice link plus will be available by the end of the year.

I, too, just want to put the iPod in the glove box (out of sight) and not have to manually turn it on and off.