E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

i6 N52 BMS Powerbox

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 06:38 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 08 528I Sport/Prem

The BMS Powerbox from what I gather is not as popular with the 5 crowd like it is with the 3 crowd. With that in mind, I felt that I should share my experiences with my install and how I like it so far.

Install:
The install overall was easy. However, it is very tedious since you want to make sure you get each pin correct while tampering with the ECU. You absolutely want to make sure you get everything correct on your first time!!!! Also, make sure you have plenty of daylight and time or a garage with plenty of light and possibly a shop light so you can clearly see everything. The install can exceed an hour easily.

Here's an important note: As you go through the guide there is mention of white wires that are actually yellow/white. When you encounter this, don't panic. Continue with the wires you see. You'll be fine. No big deal.

Other than the wires, getting to the ECU is easy. You simply remove a few panels and you're there. Reverse the tearing apart to put everything back together.

Moment of truth:
Luckily, I got everything right the first time and the car started with no errors (yay). I revved the car a few times and immediately noticed the increase throttle response (awesome). By default, the BMS is set to map 3 which is 100% throttle mapping with performance tuning on.

I took the car out for a spin and played around with it a bit. The car is definitely a lot funner to drive now. The instructions says the tune need 24 hours to settle so I didn't go smashing the peddle as soon a I got the car back on the road, but I did the next day !!

My butt dyno does notice improved power. I'm not confusing increased throttle response for actual power either. The car is definitely more powerful.

For the ones unaware. The BMS Powerbox increases HP and TQ up to 10+

Verdict:
The BMS Powerbox IMO was well worth the money I spent on it. If you combine it with other mods your results should be even better.

Well, there you have it folks

If you have any questions, feel free to drop them here or PM me

http://www.burgertuning.com/BMS_Power_Box.html

Disclaimer: In no way, shape or form am I affiliated with Burger Tuning. Everything expressed throughout this post is solely customer opinion.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Bmw
Model Year: 2006

Welcome to the PowerBox club man.
I drive my car on Sport Mode with the PowerBox set to 3.

Makes your inline 6 come alive(FUN)
Old 03-14-2011, 07:33 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by TheRacerBoss
Welcome to the PowerBox club man.
I drive my car on Sport Mode with the PowerBox set to 3.

Makes your inline 6 come alive(FUN)
Thanks man. It really does!
Old 03-14-2011, 08:59 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: check siggg

i had both the sprint booster and the powerbox. u really dont feel the powerbox unless your in 6th trying to pass someone on the freeway. i like the feel of the sprint booster better because it has more of a the low end torque feel.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:19 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 530i

^I was always curious with the difference between the bms power box vs sprintboster. I have the sprinbooster and was planning to go with the bms powerbox, i think ill stick with the SB.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:21 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BET530
^I was always curious with the difference between the bms power box vs sprintboster. I have the sprinbooster and was planning to go with the bms powerbox, i think ill stick with the SB.
your in cerritos so if ur curious we can meet up and u can test it out
Old 03-14-2011, 10:06 AM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by BET530
The BMS PBX actually adds power and torque as well as throttle remap. The Sprint Booster only does throttle remap.

Balbs
Old 03-14-2011, 10:27 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by balbs
The BMS PBX actually adds power and torque as well as throttle remap. The Sprint Booster only does throttle remap.

Balbs
Which IMO made the BMS superior. However, if you already own a SB, one may be biased I suppose.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:38 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Luxurytax
Which IMO made the BMS superior. However, if you already own a SB, one may be biased I suppose.
i have both but once again its preference. the sb feels better low end but top end i give it to the pbx hand down.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:58 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 530i

oh great, now it looks like im upgrading, lol!

Quick Reply: i6 N52 BMS Powerbox