E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

That i-Trip thing SUCKS!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 04:37 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 02" Porsche Carrera 911

This sucks, i need MY IPOD to play in the car! i have an 04, so no hookup! i went and bought that FM transmitter i-trip thing and it sounds horrible!! am i supposed to look through all the freaking stations to find one that is good! i went up to the 100's and nothing sounded nice and clear, plus when you drive and the transmitter moves around it changes how good it sounds or how bad it sounds!!

Also HOW DO I ONLY HAVE ONE AUXILLARY!! i have the ashtray lighter thing and i have a 6 speed so either way the wire gets in the way of the shifter and is distracting!! I do not want to do the whole ipod retrofit thing on the i drive!

i wish i could just get an auxillary cord that connects from the back of the stereo to my ipod!! is that possible??????
Old 12-07-2007, 05:31 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E46 330, E60 550 on order: Carbon Black/Natural Brown, 6MT.

Is there a power outlet in the passenger footwell? There's one there on later models.

Also, I'd consider getting an aux input installed. I agree, the iTrip stinks.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:24 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by iversonm' post='504224' date='Dec 7 2007, 09:31 PM
Is there a power outlet in the passenger footwell? There's one there on later models.

Also, I'd consider getting an aux input installed. I agree, the iTrip stinks.
no outlet in the passenger footwell!!

How do i get an auxillary? do i have to mess with the idrive?? I just want a WIRE FROM MY STEREO TO MY IPOD and thats it, i'll be happy controlling all from my ipod!! don't want the ipod integration thing
Old 12-07-2007, 09:36 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi Monaco Blue Dark Burl Walnut Black Leather Comfort Package Sports Package Cold Weather Package Nav Logic 7 18" Sport Wheels Xenon Interior and License Plate Light Upgrade

... Edited post read wrong
Old 12-07-2007, 09:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006, US Spec, 530i, Silver Gray, Black leather, Anthricite headliner, Steptronic, Navi Pro, PDC, Comfort Seats, Rear Heated Seats, Rear Shades, Folding Rear Seats, Bluetooth w/Blackberrt Torch, AUX Input, Bi-Xenon, AIB Angel Eyes w/matching fogs, summer wheels R118 w/PS2 tires, winter wheels R138 w/Michelin PA3 snows

in older models the AUX is in the glove box if anywhere. youcan use the monstercable mp3 cable to hook up the ipod but there is no power through the AUX. you'll need to get power from the lighter or find another power source
Old 12-08-2007, 12:25 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by bobr2001' post='504271' date='Dec 8 2007, 01:39 AM
in older models the AUX is in the glove box if anywhere. youcan use the monstercable mp3 cable to hook up the ipod but there is no power through the AUX. you'll need to get power from the lighter or find another power source
I have no aux anywhere!! my only connection to anything is the Lighter! i need some kind of of CABLE THAT DIRECTLY CONNECTS MY IPOD to the CAR STEREO! Like if i had a TAPE DECK and used the little tape thing with my ipod to get the sound through there! thats what i did when i had my lexus
Old 12-08-2007, 12:31 AM
Members

i was investigating this item as well. it appears u canbuy somebox for about 350 euro. this one is connected toyour cd changer cables in the blove box(these cables should be there already) thenu neeed to go the bmw dealer and have the mp3 software update for 165 euro. and then u have usb connection. thenu can play for example an usb harddisk. but then u have spended over 500 euro only to play mp3 in ur car. othe roptionis toget the new radio installed from the '07 or '08 models. this will cost you about 2000 euro.

For me personally ifind investing 500 euro to play mp3 to much i have been looking for the option to install a regular radio in my car but there are not so nice installation options to do this. But at least u have usb connection already for maybe 60 euro.

also it is verystrange that an opel/vauxhall from the same year have mp3 playback standard installed.

i was quite pissed about it too if i knew this before i bought the car i just wouldnt have bought the car. but it is so nice to drive in this car that i just accepted the thing that i have to make more old fashion cd's.

anyway in 2 years u can already buy a 5 series (used) with usb and aux option standard(i think).
Old 12-08-2007, 08:10 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 550i 2007 M-Kit installed- 367 BHP Sapphire black, comfort seats, comfort access, HUD, Professional Nav, Logic 7.

Originally Posted by tarek307' post='504218' date='Dec 8 2007, 04:37 AM
This sucks, i need MY IPOD to play in the car! i have an 04, so no hookup! i went and bought that FM transmitter i-trip thing and it sounds horrible!! am i supposed to look through all the freaking stations to find one that is good! i went up to the 100's and nothing sounded nice and clear, plus when you drive and the transmitter moves around it changes how good it sounds or how bad it sounds!!

Also HOW DO I ONLY HAVE ONE AUXILLARY!! i have the ashtray lighter thing and i have a 6 speed so either way the wire gets in the way of the shifter and is distracting!! I do not want to do the whole ipod retrofit thing on the i drive!

i wish i could just get an auxillary cord that connects from the back of the stereo to my ipod!! is that possible??????

why don't you go for the option of BMW I-POD interface?? this will give you the luxury of integrating the ipod with the i-drive system.
Old 12-08-2007, 08:26 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by wees75' post='504383' date='Dec 8 2007, 12:10 PM
why don't you go for the option of BMW I-POD interface?? this will give you the luxury of integrating the ipod with the i-drive system.
Apparently he would rather complain about this because he posted in this thread he won?t get the proper integration option. Everyone knows the iTrip type of kludge is just that, a kludge. Why even bother wasting one?s money on that.

Footnote: since the aux. in option if it?s even available is not inexpensive to add, it would make no sense to do that as well in opposition to just getting the proper MOST bus iPod interface.
Old 12-08-2007, 09:02 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 525i : Alpine White, Steptronic, Black Interior with Amethyst Leather & Popular Grain Brown, 17" 122-Style Rims, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Headlights, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Advanced A/C, Sports Steering Wheel, Electrically Adjustable Steering Column, Extended Lighting Package, PDC, Sliding Armrest, Bus Navi, Hi-Fi Sound System (MP3 DVDs), CD Changer, Rear Sunshades.. MODS:M-tech front bumper, Painted Grill, Installed Aux-In, Garage Door Opener (Overhead Compartement), ///M Steering wheel, Wood hand brake trim, Wood gear-shift lever. 35% Tint all around.. Got, ACS Roof Spoiler, but not installed..

tarek no need to get angry at the car because of the crappy itrip. there is a good way to do this..
1. go buy an aux for your audio/stero/idive (whatever u wanna call it) should be around $ 100 parts and some labour (should be cheap if ur cars got warranty, BMW handles the programing) this will get the audio but for charge you can either charge it every day at home or get a car charger...
2. go buy i pod intergration, expensive, but the right solution if you are using ipods and only plan on using ipods... but a little expensive..

this is the link for only the audio aux connection.. a good solution for you and the cheapest way.. if you want it take the part number give it to ur dealer, if he hasnt got one in stock he'll order it for you, then you can give it to the service agent next time your cars at tthe dealer..
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?mo...hg=65&fg=95

Quick Reply: That i-Trip thing SUCKS!