E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

I search for a DIY/Help upgrade to Logic7

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 08:53 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi , i will (first step) upgeade S676 to S677 only by the AMPLIFIER.
I used the forums search but i didnīt found anything ... is there a link ?

My questions are about the connectors amplifier and coding ...

Can i plug+play change them only new wires ?

Can someone help me ?

Thanks Bert
Old 05-03-2012, 10:23 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2012 535i M-Sport

Standard and Hi-Fi audio (from what I know) have wires coming from the headunit going to the amp and then the speakers. L7 amplifiers get the signal from the MOST-bus (also from what I have read) so you'll need to make sure those are running back there (this is the easy part) and then you'll need to wire up for the extra speakers. I am not sure if non-L7 cars have subs under the seat or not, but you'll need wires running to the back doors and the center speaker in the dash for sure. The tweeters are already wired up from what I have read so that part is plug-n-play. I think it would be a worthwhile upgrade if you have the time. Lord knows E60 parts are cheap enough and they are definitely readily available. Coding should be a breeze, I have a buddy (on this forum) that did M5 active/heated seat retrofit and coding took 20 minutes while the wiring was another story.

I also feel like there is a DIY, or at least an in depth thread out there on this upgrade so I wouldn't give up on searching. Audio is audio so no matter what manufacturer, there is always a way to add what you want.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:45 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sublime
Standard and Hi-Fi audio (from what I know) have wires coming from the headunit going to the amp and then the speakers.

thats only by the standard audio ... hifi has an amplifier.

L7 amplifiers get the signal from the MOST-bus (also from what I have read) so you'll need to make sure those are running back there (this is the easy part)

yes - thats someting i know nothing about it how to connect most bus .

and then you'll need to wire up for the extra speakers. I am not sure if non-L7 cars have subs under the seat or not, but you'll need wires running to the back doors and the center speaker in the dash for sure.

i only will use the hifi speakers ... no retrofit of center and bach door

I also feel like there is a DIY, or at least an in depth thread out there on this upgrade so I wouldn't give up on searching.

if you have an link show me please