E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

I just ordered the Full RPI GT exhaust set up and more...

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 05:45 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: See my signature

I took the plunge and officially ordered the Full RPI GT Exhaust, Ram Air Kit, and Pulley Kit today. I'm so excited I can't contain myself. Eloy at RPI was a fantastic guy to deal with. He is truly a patient and helpful individual. I think I called him 3 times over the last few days to make sure I getting what I wanted based on my expectations. It should get here at the beginning of next week. WOOHOO!

Anyone want to help with the install? lol

Now what to do about my wife? The pulley story won't work on her...she knows cars. (that's for you e60 forums veterans )
Old 02-15-2010, 05:53 PM
Contributors

Congrats on the full RPI exhaust and others. Makes me want to get rid of my 545i now.

Maybe Calton can think of a story for you. Tell her that you removed all the resonators.
Old 02-15-2010, 06:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

I have a feeling C had something to do with the purchase.
Old 02-15-2010, 06:23 PM
Contributors

well snap if the pulley story wont help maybe a gucci purse or some Dior shoes will?
Old 02-15-2010, 06:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

cool

just tell her that THIS SPECIFIC exhaust didnt come just as an axle back.tell her that this one is worth your money since its the only one with proven h.p gains, making it worth every penny. dont get into details with her, just say it increases the value of your car after installing it. hopefully she wont research it.

oh and be a doting dad and hub this week, so she has no reason whatsoever to get pissed at you.

and i want to see and hear a video clip..
Old 02-15-2010, 06:47 PM
Contributors

how about you tell her that atleast she knows where you are, what youre doing, and where you are spending your money

if that doesnt seem to strike a cord with her then tell her it could have been spent on liquor and strippers
Old 02-15-2010, 07:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by melimel
cool

just tell her that THIS SPECIFIC exhaust didnt come just as an axle back.tell her that this one is worth your money since its the only one with proven h.p gains, making it worth every penny. dont get into details with her, just say it increases the value of your car after installing it. hopefully she wont research it.

oh and be a doting dad and hub this week, so she has no reason whatsoever to get pissed at you.

and i want to see and hear a video clip..
That excuse would have worked if I had bought and installed the exhaust on her TL Type-S that I promised...screw modding her car now that I have the M. lol

I keep making these jokes...really she doesn't care. I made her watch a ton of youtube clips over the past few days. She agreed that the best sounding one was the RPI.

You'll hear it soon...

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered
how about you tell her that atleast she knows where you are, what youre doing, and where you are spending your money

if that doesnt seem to strike a cord with her then tell her it could have been spent on liquor and strippers
If I said liquor and strippers she probably would have asked "Why wasn't I included?" lol
Old 02-15-2010, 09:28 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

tell her u hit a pothole and made a hole in the exhaust and ur too cheap to repair it so u left it alone!
Old 02-15-2010, 10:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

LOL!!! That is a tough one... Sorry, I am bailing on this one.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:59 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

I would never lie to my wife. We have invested many, many years in our relationship which is based on pure love and trust.

I would just say, "I bought it because I'm the man and I make all the important decisions around here, damn it." Truth is always the best solution....

Quick Reply: I just ordered the Full RPI GT exhaust set up and more...