E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

I just had Auto folding mirrors programmed

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 07:26 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i
Model Year: 2004

I got it for my car before but returned it. I mainly got it for the folding feature. I worded it wrong. IT does work for E60's, just not sure about the folding options. Its an awesome little module.

I returned it because the main feature i wanted it for wouldnt work to begin with my car.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:22 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by nigxdoof
I got it for my car before but returned it. I mainly got it for the folding feature. I worded it wrong. IT does work for E60's, just not sure about the folding options. Its an awesome little module.

I returned it because the main feature i wanted it for wouldnt work to begin with my car.
on that page is says folding mirrors (folding them in and out), is it cuz your car is pre-2005?
what would i need to get this module to work on mine (07')?
Old 02-06-2010, 09:19 AM
Senior Members

Very nice, and very cheap. What kind of key is that? And another Q why spend $70 to have it programmed to your key? Don't you guys have the button that folds and unfolds them near the window buttons?
Old 02-06-2010, 02:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Originally Posted by aretardedorange
Very nice, and very cheap. What kind of key is that? And another Q why spend $70 to have it programmed to your key? Don't you guys have the button that folds and unfolds them near the window buttons?

that is the origanal key pre-2005, and its not programed to the key its programmed in the door module, i did it for conveince, much easier and the puddle lights make more sense.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:41 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 Silver Grey Metallic 530 Xi E60 Black leather, Nav, Adaptive Xenons, AWD, Comfort access, NightVision, Cold Weather Package, adaptive xenon headlights with headlight washers, PDC, glass sunroof, Ipod, park distance control, retrofited auto dimming power folding mirrors, Window Tint Front 35% / Rear 20%

Hey Blood congrats on the mod!!!

I want to install the Non-M5 power folding mirror on a 07 530xi, what do you thing I need to do or get in order to make it work, I saw a set of mirrors with the power folding mirror function and I also found the drivers side door window switch with the folding mirror button, all parts fits on the the car but not sure if they will work. any suggestions or info will be much appreciated. Thanks
Old 03-07-2010, 04:39 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Originally Posted by hfx1279
Hey Blood congrats on the mod!!!

I want to install the Non-M5 power folding mirror on a 07 530xi, what do you thing I need to do or get in order to make it work, I saw a set of mirrors with the power folding mirror function and I also found the drivers side door window switch with the folding mirror button, all parts fits on the the car but not sure if they will work. any suggestions or info will be much appreciated. Thanks

after late 2005 they moved all the door functions to the body and safetey gateway module and removed the door modules completly, yours will not have door modules and the mirrors are wired into the body and safety gateway module. shouldnt be too difficult to do but the car will need programming in order for the mirrors to function correctly.

http://spaghetticoder.org/bmw/wds/e60e61/ goto this link for BMW wirring diagrams for the E60.
Old 03-07-2010, 03:00 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 Silver Grey Metallic 530 Xi E60 Black leather, Nav, Adaptive Xenons, AWD, Comfort access, NightVision, Cold Weather Package, adaptive xenon headlights with headlight washers, PDC, glass sunroof, Ipod, park distance control, retrofited auto dimming power folding mirrors, Window Tint Front 35% / Rear 20%

Hey Blood! thanks for the info, I will give it a try..

What do you think about this control module?
http://www.aftermarketbulbsshop.com/...-p/rklfbw1.htm

I tried clicking on the links but the web it's not working, can you send me the diagram by e-mail, thanks and sorry for the trouble.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:13 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

you will need your car programmed for folding even if you want to use that module. all that module does it allows you to fold your mirrors from your key if your car has the folding feature but has not been enabled to work from the key. If however you are getting your car programmed for folding then you might as well get your keys coded as well to make them fold.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:33 AM
Members

Hey Bruce, thanks for the info, I will bring my car to the dealer this weekend to have my car program for the folding mirrors.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:24 PM
Members

Ok I finally took my car the the dealer and they had my car for 2 weeks and they can't get the funtion working on my car, is this possible to have folding mirrors on a U.S 07 530 (E60), is there way to get the folding mirrors? Can I use BMW INPA or INPA NCS Expert to get the funtion working. I need help!!!

Quick Reply: I just had Auto folding mirrors programmed