E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

I hate BMW!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 06:10 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i Options: Sports Pkg/ Premium Pkg/ Navigation/ USB(iPod) Mods: Tint (lolololol) any ideas? I LOVE THIS CAR!!! (WAAAAAYYYYY better than my previous MB E350, but quite a bit more expensive :( )

Soooo I should have had my car back after the accident more than two weeks ago....infact it will be 3 weeks this thursday....which makes it a total of 6 weeks outta service....That's not my problem....MY PROBLEM IS THE SERVICE!!!!

Seriously??

I have been calling EVERYDAY about the progress...and I get the same answer: That it is still at Savage and they are fixing a cam sensor. I called today...when it should have been OFFICIALLY done for the 15th time, and the bodyshop dude says at 11:15 this morning: lemmi call them and I will let you know in 30 minutes...so I wait...and wait...and wait....and call him back at 2:20....then he says...I called them and they are STILL working on it....I will call them in a bit, don't worry you are my number one guy to call back. I say ok (like an idiot) and wait...and wait....and wait AGAIN and call at 5:00 worried it, will be closed. The guy says: Oh yeah, Jay, I haven't called them, gimme 5 minutes....well it is 7:08, I KNOW they are closed, and that jackass lied to me....Ok maybe he wasn't lying, but how can he be considered a professional if this is how they treat their clients?

I am extremely upset....

This isn't a simpathy message...(well maybe it is)....it is just informing...
Old 10-26-2009, 06:14 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bubajay' post='1040985' date='Oct 26 2009, 10:10 PM
Soooo I should have had my car back after the accident more than two weeks ago....infact it will be 3 weeks this thursday....which makes it a total of 6 weeks outta service....That's not my problem....MY PROBLEM IS THE SERVICE!!!!

Seriously??

I have been calling EVERYDAY about the progress...and I get the same answer: That it is still at Savage and they are fixing a cam sensor. I called today...when it should have been OFFICIALLY done for the 15th time, and the bodyshop dude says at 11:15 this morning: lemmi call them and I will let you know in 30 minutes...so I wait...and wait...and wait....and call him back at 2:20....then he says...I called them and they are STILL working on it....I will call them in a bit, don't worry you are my number one guy to call back. I say ok (like an idiot) and wait...and wait....and wait AGAIN and call at 5:00 worried it, will be closed. The guy says: Oh yeah, Jay, I haven't called them, gimme 5 minutes....well it is 7:08, I KNOW they are closed, and that jackass lied to me....Ok maybe he wasn't lying, but how can he be considered a professional if this is how they treat their clients?

I am extremely upset....

This isn't a simpathy message...(well maybe it is)....it is just informing...

If it were me... I would go directly to the Service Manager, and express my displeasure with the service i'd been recieving. You certainly do not pay good money to buy a premium car and be treated like a chump. Its bad enough that you had the stress of your "baby" being out of use, but that you were provided with poor service from your dealer.

Go to the head of the snake and see where you get.

your sympathy: sorry about your car
Old 10-26-2009, 06:18 PM
Contributors

Thumbs down

So it's a bit more than a month since your accident ... Still waiting for your car to get finished. I can appreciate your anxiety but rushing the shop to finish may not be in your best interest. Of course they should level with you about how they are progressing with your car's repair. Not acceptable that they are so unaware of the shop's progress!
Old 10-26-2009, 06:30 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i Options: Sports Pkg/ Premium Pkg/ Navigation/ USB(iPod) Mods: Tint (lolololol) any ideas? I LOVE THIS CAR!!! (WAAAAAYYYYY better than my previous MB E350, but quite a bit more expensive :( )

Haha thanks guys....yeah I don't want to rush them, because it would suck to take it back and have it out of the house for anothe 2 months lol
Old 10-27-2009, 05:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

breathe!----------- calm down.. we all know your extremely anxious to get her back and stressed.. but you have to remain calm! yes, there di&9s and unprofessional.. but killing yourseld isnt going to help.. we are here for therapy..lol..just think how happy youll be and feel when you get her back.. it will be like a new car all over again.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Listen ... you need to calm down and be patient.

I once had my car in for a simple front-bumper respray and a front splitter paint and installation. And it took them about 3 weeks. You, on the other hand, had an accident and is complaining about a 6 week job and delays. As others have mentioned, you DON'T want to rush this kind of work.

Don't worry, you'll get her back soon enough
Old 10-27-2009, 05:42 AM
Members

Listen to the words of the many wise on this board. We all want our baby back when she's been injured but rushing it as you said could result in another visit to the shop.

You also have to remember you are not the only one who wants their baby back. I am sure they get calls all day and although it does not justify them being anything less than professional they are human.

It will all be over soon enough.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:43 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

As others have said, take a nice deep breath and relax a bit.

I may be misinterpreting what you're saying here but it sounds like you're communicating with the body shop who subletted some mechanical work to the BMW dealer (Savage). If so, then the body shop guy is also a bit unprofessional in not keeping you up to date. Is Savage the dealer you usually use for service? If so, then you probably can give them a friendly call to see what the hold up is. If not, then you're technically not the customer so it falls back on the body shop guy to keep things moving.

Again, it won't pay to rush anyone or piss them off but at the very least, they should be giving you a better explanation as to what's going on...
Old 10-27-2009, 07:21 AM
Senior Members

Rule of thumb with accident repair and shops that do it is to multiply the time they had quoted by 3. Seriously, I speak from experience. If they tell you it will be two weeks, it will be 6, 3 weeks - 9....you get the point.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:02 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

Originally Posted by TexaZ3' post='1041300' date='Oct 27 2009, 10:21 AM
Rule of thumb with accident repair and shops that do it is to multiply the time they had quoted by 3. Seriously, I speak from experience. If they tell you it will be two weeks, it will be 6, 3 weeks - 9....you get the point.
So true.

Quick Reply: I hate BMW!!!