E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

I GIVE UP, THESE ARE THE WHEELS I BOUGHT

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 01:53 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there nice
Old 05-12-2008, 01:56 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Jet Black 530i with some mods

Originally Posted by slickrick' post='578952' date='May 12 2008, 02:45 PM
I believe those were the first 1 piece superleggera wheels but I could be wrong. I don't mind I really like the wheel. The only regret I may have is that I did not go to 19's but I have my reasons.

Rick...
sure 19's and 20's may look better, but you gotta consider the area you live in too. Potholes have a way of making you regret buying the big wheels!.. I'm sure you'll be happy with your purchase! Congrats!
Old 05-12-2008, 02:17 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 525i (not LCI) - Alpine white, M sport package, Comfort seats, Logic 7, Bluetooth, Xenon adaptive headlights, PDC, sunroof, A/C with extended features, etc.

nice wheels man....but in no way does it beat the teddy bear....THAT would have been the ultimate head turner.....
Old 05-12-2008, 02:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi / Platinum Grey / Black leather / Step Auto / Sport / Premium / Cold weather / 18" wheels / Logic 7 / Comfort / ipod / Navigation / Fold Down Rear Seats / Rear Airbags / Sirius SAT / Spoiler / Extended Clear bra / Bluetooth. (Previously owned a 2002 sport 525I Loaded). On order: 535xi Platnium Grey with Black interior, Step Auto, Sports package, Premium package, Cold weather package, 18" wheels, Logic 7, Comfort access, ipod adapt, Navigation, Sat radio, Rear spoiler, Extended Clear coat bra.

Originally Posted by trojan.525i' post='578982' date='May 12 2008, 06:17 PM
nice wheels man....but in no way does it beat the teddy bear....THAT would have been the ultimate head turner.....
Those are my new winter wheels.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

[quote name='slickrick' date='May 12 2008, 02:45 PM' post='578848']
This is the wheel I chose and ordered. (Superleggera III) I decided to go for broke and bought the tires also. (Bridgestone Potenza RE050a Pole Position)

They come balanced and mounted at no cost which is better than me deciding to buy tires if I don't like the runflats and having to remount and rebalance again. The runflats are new and in storage, I guess i'll keep them until I decide what to do with them.

The front wheels have a 1 1/2" lip with a 40mm offset and rear wheels have a 2" lip with a 45mm offset. These are 3 piece wheels with a forged center.

HERE IT GOES: I CAN'T WAIT.....

On that note some ass _ole tapped my rear bumper in Manhattan on saturday when the car was parked. I have a 1" long round dot indentation (a screw) with a gash.

oohh rick.. i knew you'd cave eventually...lol.. we all do.. its human nature.. and as for that butthead hitting the bumper that sooooo sucks.. now your gonna have nice hot wheels and all with a round hole on your backside.. heehee... sorry couldnt resist hun

i had a feeling that was what you picked.. justa hunch..i cant wait to see them! congrads!
Old 05-12-2008, 04:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi / Platinum Grey / Black leather / Step Auto / Sport / Premium / Cold weather / 18" wheels / Logic 7 / Comfort / ipod / Navigation / Fold Down Rear Seats / Rear Airbags / Sirius SAT / Spoiler / Extended Clear bra / Bluetooth. (Previously owned a 2002 sport 525I Loaded). On order: 535xi Platnium Grey with Black interior, Step Auto, Sports package, Premium package, Cold weather package, 18" wheels, Logic 7, Comfort access, ipod adapt, Navigation, Sat radio, Rear spoiler, Extended Clear coat bra.

oohh rick.. i knew you'd cave eventually...lol.. we all do.. its human nature.. and as for that butthead hitting the bumper that sooooo sucks..
now your gonna have nice hot wheels and all with a round hole on your backside.. heehee... sorry couldnt resist hun

i had a feeling that was what you picked.. justa hunch..i cant wait to see them! congrads!
Thanks Mel, you got me.

I ordered the tires today and luckily the wheels were not shipped yet. I figured if i'm going to make that kind of investment the ride should be comfortable and
sporty at the same time that's why I opted for these tires. I was going to go with the Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 but I decided on the potenzas.
They both had great write ups and were very close in comparison.

Now I have to try and fix the bumper before the meet on June 14th...aahhhh
Old 05-12-2008, 05:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Nice choice! I can't wait to see them on.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:14 PM
Contributors

where is Calton? I gave it up, I snitched on myself.....
Old 05-12-2008, 10:23 PM
Contributors

bumpy
Old 05-12-2008, 10:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Alpine White 550i Sport, Cream Beige Interior, 6-Sp Manual - retired 9/2011

So, Rick....what's with the 18's? To each his own I guess. I had no "wheel issues" with my old 19's here in pothole city and never came close to bending one.

However, the ride was very harsh on those skinny sidewalls you get on the 19's. I guess you aren't lowering it? I would think that's the MAIN reason you didn't go 19".

As for the Tires, I had the same ones on my CSL's. They barely wore down at all for the 4 or 5K miles I put on them, however they got a bit loud once they started to develop a bit of a heal-toe, saw-tooth pattern...common on these cars after a few thousand miles. They would especially rumble during low-speed turns. You won't hear it till later...

But still, a good tire. Personally, I'd have gone with the PS2's, but either way, you are riding on some good rubber. Can't wait to see those rims installed!

Quick Reply: I GIVE UP, THESE ARE THE WHEELS I BOUGHT