E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

I found a set of 3rd party vendor e60 M5 sport mirrors for $295.0

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 07:27 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 e60 M5 Replica Titanium Silver Premium Package Premium Sound Package Adaptive Xenon's Apple iPhone cell interactive pared with iDrive Bluetooth setting 19 inch BMW OEM 166M rims, Michelin tires Sprint Booster - V2 Fidelity / BMW Extended Warranty 7 year / 100,000 miles
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by sylver' post='556731' date='Apr 5 2008, 10:36 PM
i just ordered this. got nothing to loose, once the mirror come in, ill install it on one side, i want to see if the function works and if the fitment is good. if it doesn't work, ill send it back, and if it works ill get it painted.

================================

Sylver,

Please keep me advised and post pics on your BMW when you get them installed!!

I will be posting my pics of my new BMW OEM M5 rear bumper with the REMUS exhaust system one day next week when I get it back from the Paint & Body Shop, by the way the REMUS quad DOES NOT fit with no problem on the BMW OEM M5 rear bumper out of the box, (like a high pressured salesman had said to me).

The REMUS quad will not fit our e60's right our of the box, without minor, but careful measuring, cutting, and adding more pipe, and a few more intense modifications to mounting the REMUS Quad muffler, jut like Mr. Patrick Dowling warned me about before I bought the REMUS QUAD for $899.99 at Bavarian Auto Sport,

Also my BMW mechanic last Friday said the very same thing that Patrick at BavAuto told me, Now my BMW Paint & Body man said that I am looking a 4 to 5 hours at my cost of: $40.00 an hour to get installed correctly by him and his shop.

So far I have $2,500.00 parts and labor invested in this REMUS quad on a e60 530i set up, thats attached to my new BMW OEM e60 M5 rear bumper installed and it new paint job that cost $$$. I just hope it turns out well!

I want the BMW OEM M5 mirrors too but they cost 2000.00 + paint, and I just cannot afford them right now, but I swear those ones I found at ebay you just ordered look very cool, and M5 good!! Sylver, based of your personal findings, and if their e60 working and looking good, I will be ordering them too for $295.00 in a few weeks too for my 530i!!

By the way I have never dealt with a better 3rd party BMW vendor company, than Bavarian Auto Sport that's been in BMW parts business since the early 1970's. Mr. Patrick Dowling their employee went out of his way to help me get my REMUS quad done right, and he warned me of the pit falls I might face, before I began the REMUS quad exhaust project on a e60 BMW OEM M5 rear bumper.

NOTE:
I am not a paid employee by Bav Auto Sport or anyone else here at e60. I am just an e60 forum member and BMW owner like you sharing my true life experiences of modifcations on my e60, so you will know what your up against if you never done it before! I thank God for this e60 forum its members have saved my a bunch a money and headaches over the past few years, and I am just trying to reciprocate to the e60 members.

Thanks!!

R. Eddie Presley
Attached Thumbnails I found a set of 3rd party vendor e60 M5 sport mirrors for $295.0-clip_image004ma19761825_0010.jpg  
Old 04-05-2008, 10:35 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E46 M3 E60 530i

for sure ill let you know how the mirror goes Eddie. But as far as the exhaust goes, why dont you get it install at a muffler shop rather than going to a BMW shop? im sure it will be much cheaper. I was thinking about picking up the remus exhaust as well, but i will order that once i order the diffuser for my car. bavarian quoted me $950 shipped to canada, and so far thats the cheapest i found, because RemusExhaustShop wanted $900 + $120 for shipping.
Old 04-05-2008, 10:54 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by sylver' post='556672' date='Apr 6 2008, 01:16 AM
who has done it??
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...st&p=512953
Old 04-06-2008, 03:07 AM
Contributors

My Ride: No mods

go custom Sylver!!!
Old 04-06-2008, 04:24 AM
Members

are there a lot of M5 posers on this forum? seems like it. what's up with that? are you guys putting the M5 badge on too? wow!
Old 04-06-2008, 04:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 e60 M5 Replica Titanium Silver Premium Package Premium Sound Package Adaptive Xenon's Apple iPhone cell interactive pared with iDrive Bluetooth setting 19 inch BMW OEM 166M rims, Michelin tires Sprint Booster - V2 Fidelity / BMW Extended Warranty 7 year / 100,000 miles
Red face

Originally Posted by sylver' post='556808' date='Apr 6 2008, 02:35 AM
for sure ill let you know how the mirror goes Eddie. But as far as the exhaust goes, why dont you get it install at a muffler shop rather than going to a BMW shop? im sure it will be much cheaper. I was thinking about picking up the remus exhaust as well, but i will order that once i order the diffuser for my car. bavarian quoted me $950 shipped to canada, and so far thats the cheapest i found, because RemusExhaustShop wanted $900 + $120 for shipping.
===========================
Good Morning Sylver,

Thanks, I know your right, and I am now considering now the muffler shop in Sharpsburg GA. Right now my BMW 530i is still at the Paint & Body shop where I got my new BMW OEM M5 rear bumper put on at and painted for $400.00.

To save $25.00 on the REMUS quad, you might want to give Bavarian Auto Sport a call @ 1.800.535.2002, and talk to a Mr. Patrick Dowling, tell him you know me Eddie Presley here at the forum, and your are wanting to get the same REUMUS QUAD I did for 899.00 + 25.00 for S&H = $924.00 all though $950.00 with S&H is a great price for it, but hey I am trying to help you get it $25.00 cheaper, why not!! YES BavAuto has the BEST PRICE that I found too, and is no fly by night online company, but a reputable company that's been in business now for over 30 years, one we can TRUST!

Before I bought mine REMUS quad at BavAuto, I was first dealing by email with that same Exhuast shop too, but their price was approx: $1,200.00 + S&H, and being here at the e60 forum, I gave them a chance to match Bav Auto price of 899.99 + 25.00 S&H, but at that time, they did not want to deal with me on the very same REMUS quad product! Since I went to Patrick Dowling @ BavAutoSport and starting posting here at the forum, their now wanting to deal now for 900.00 and no S&H, but I am sticking with Mr. Patrick Dowling at Bavarian Auto Sport, and Bavauto isa well known company of Integrity, and a great reputation to keep for 30+ yrs now!!!

I think it is good that we belong to this BMW e60 forum so we can share and vent some with one another our true life experiences that we have had with our e60s so we can get the best product at the best price on todays market place! Because it is funny when people find out we own e60s BMWs, and they think were loaded with $$$, and they tend to jack the price up on us!! This e60 forum is a good info. tool that we have, so have so we can knows whats out there on the www, and we can then keep these 3rd party BMW vendor companys in check with our $$$, or we can take our BMW business elsewhere!

Have a good weekend sylver, and I looking foward hearing more about your M5 mirrors when you get them installed, and how they fit and look! (I am betting your new e60 M5 mirrors will work and look great!!! You know the Japs are smart people in making an well proven idea much better, and better in electronics too, why just look at Sony!)

Sincerely,

R. Eddie Presley
Old 04-06-2008, 06:37 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Presley348' post='556865' date='Apr 6 2008, 08:45 AM
===========================

To save $25.00 on the REMUS quad, you might want to give Bavarian Auto Sport a call @ 1.800.535.2002, and talk to a Mr. Patrick Dowling, tell him you know me Eddie Presley here at the forum, and your are wanting to get the same REUMUS QUAD I did for 899.00 + 25.00 for S&H = $924.00 all though $950.00 with S&H is a great price for it, but hey I am trying to help you get it $25.00 cheaper, why not!! YES BavAuto has the BEST PRICE that I found too, and is no fly by night online company, but a reputable company that's been in business now for over 30 years, one we can TRUST!

Before I bought mine REMUS quad at BavAuto, I was first dealing by email with that same Exhuast shop too, but their price was approx: $1,200.00 + S&H, and being here at the e60 forum, I gave them a chance to match Bav Auto price of 899.99 + 25.00 S&H, but at that time, they did not want to deal with me on the very same REMUS quad product! Since I went to Patrick Dowling @ BavAutoSport and starting posting here at the forum, their now wanting to deal now for 900.00 and no S&H, but I am sticking with Mr. Patrick Dowling at Bavarian Auto Sport, and Bavauto isa well known company of Integrity, and a great reputation to keep for 30+ yrs now!!!

We are sadened to see your experience with us was such "untruthful" and lacked "integrity". However we would like to clear up a few things. REMUSShop represents MimoUSA, an official distributor and importer of REMUS products, MaxMoto/RemusUSA being the second official distributor. We both work closely to fix the US prices, frequently called MAP agreements, and to ensure a proper high quality image for REMUS in the US. In 2008, due to the USD downfall, MaxMoto and MimoUSA agreed to increase the prices to adjust to the nature of the importation business.

Bavarian Autosport is a rogue REMUS dealer, for reasons quite unclear to any of us, MaxMoto and MimoUSA, they go direct to REMUS and fix their own lower prices once we have set our prices. In consequence of the events of last week with Eddie, we decided to start a price war with BavAuto that ultimately they will loose, we obviously did not want to come to this however as REMUS AUSTRIA is a very dealer friendly company, they are very hesistant to put any hammer down. In contract with REMUS AUSTRIA, all distributors and dealers are obliged to follow the MAP agreements fixed by official US DISTRIBUTORS and to respect the distribution zones, something BavAuto obviously goes against. Customer service is something Eddie values, however he clearly is not expressing how we answered all his technical questions, which we find somewhat sad as we really did our best to provide the proper answers to his very detailed questions. BavAuto uses the wrong part numbers, no pictures, and random lower than advertised prices to attract customers while doing nothing to promote the image of REMUS in the US. I hope you can all understand this is nothing valuable to a company such as REMUS and encouraging such actions by buying exhausts through BavAuto is only fueling the fire. Since longevity also seems to be one of BavAuto's strong point according to Eddie, here's a question, ultimately BavAuto will loose this pricing war as they are going against both official distributors, what will happen with their warranty? The exhausts sold by BavAuto are considering as black market items by REMUS USA.

From this day and on, we will beat ANY prices coming from BavAuto, period.
Old 04-14-2008, 10:25 AM
Contributors

Thumbs down

========================

Hey 'sylver',

I re read your email (SEE ABOVE), and yea it pays to shop around, personally I dealt with Patrick Dowling at Bavarian Auto Sport, he gave my the best price of anyone!! If you like you can tell Patrick I sent you, your BMW friend from the e60 forum, and who know he might jack the price up!! Just kidding but knowing Patrick he will make you the best deal that cannot be beat!!

Anyway the purpose of this letter first I an to say I hope I am not bugging you, but I just was curious today if you got your M5 replica mirrors yet? If so do they look like the e60 M5 or what? I just got back from my BMW dealer here in Atlanta and the parts man said he could not believe how good they M5 they resemble and almost but not quite like BMW OEM e60 M5 clones, by the picture at ebay, and of course it got me to thinking if maybe you got yours yet!!!

Thanks in Advance.

Eddie Presley
Old 04-14-2008, 10:30 AM
Contributors

Thumbs down

================================================== ============

Oh I forgot,, sorry, but I am including a new pic of mine for you to see how The Remus Quad I bought from Bavarian Auto Sport from Patrick Dowling for $899.00 + S&H look on my 04 530i with a new BMW OEM M5 rear bumper. He has 4 in stock ready for purchase and delivery right now, when I talk to him last Friday...

Eddie Presley
Old 04-14-2008, 10:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

I have spoken with Remus on several occasions. I believe it was Matt that I dealt with. Anyway, they treated me with the utmost respect and always had time to answer my questions. I am going custom quad, but they were still very professional and courteous.

Eddie,

Your car looks great, and your posts are very helpful. But I think it might be time to let BavAuto do some advertising for themselves. You have made your point my friend.

Quick Reply: I found a set of 3rd party vendor e60 M5 sport mirrors for $295.0