E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

I don't know where to post this question...

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 05:31 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by solrac6262' post='978404' date='Aug 16 2009, 03:06 PM
the specs are 235/35/19 295/30/19 carrera s II wheels offsets don't know but the rears are rubbing a bit on my shock normally It would be the rears 265/30/19 .

I contacted the seller and he was very mad, he said that he doesn't have money I have to wait a week and he will charge me a $100 for strees that I have caused him, he also wanted to give me a check.. I told him to give me a paypal refund.. but he was like no I don't want to deal with paypal anymore..

I called paypal and they said I don't have any protection from them.. so I am alone now... if the payment is made via my CC.. can I do a charge back and returned the wheels? the seller is local...

thanks for any advice
Goodness gracious, seller is a thief. If you are both local and seller screws up, sue him in small claims court. Just be sure that you have documented everything, especially the representation that the wheels would fit.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2012 535i M package

Originally Posted by sdg1871' post='978663' date='Aug 16 2009, 09:31 PM
Goodness gracious, seller is a thief. If you are both local and seller screws up, sue him in small claims court. Just be sure that you have documented everything, especially the representation that the wheels would fit.
thanks guys. I open a claim on paypal, I called Paypal and they told me since it was not an ebay purchased I have to solved this problem with seller, the seller told me he doesn't have the money untill august 24th and he was going to give me a check minus the $100 if I wanted the refund.. then he closed the dispute and the next step was to open a claim, but the lady on paypal customer service told me that there is nothing I can do, because they already paid him and there is no buyer protection involved, because it is just a cosmetic problem or some BS ... so I called my CC since I haven't received a charge from them, I put a lock on it and I will not received any charges via my CC, there is no way that they can get the money out, I don't know if paypal will have to contact the seller to withdraw the money from them or they will try to get the money from me..

paypal
Status
We're unable to decide this claim in your favor at this time. PayPal's Buyer Complaint Policy applies to the shipment of goods but not to disputes about merchandise quality.

What happens next

We encourage you to work directly with your seller to resolve this matter.

(seller doesn't want to refund and paypal is just a F#$#$#$ BS

seller:Seller: Dear Paypal,Carlos has filed a dispute stating that the item he received was not as described. First of all, Carlos picked up the wheels and tires from me in person. As a result, he had the opportunity to thoroughly inspect the wheels and tires and to ensure that everything listed in the ad was received. He never informed me what type of car he had until after he bought the wheels. I advertised that they fit my Cayman as they were profesionally fitted at the Porsche dealership.Here is one of my responses to his question about how the tires fit..a question he asked after paying me the money.Hi Carlos,What type of car do you have - a cayman? If you have a Cayman like I had, then the front wheels are flush and the rear wheels extend about half an inch from the body. I had these fitted at the dealership so I know they will fit your Cayman properly. As you can see from the picture I sent of my Cayman, the wheels look awesome on the car.Let me know if you have any more questions. Otherwise just give me call to arrange pick up Thanks,RichToday, after speaking with Carlos on the phone, I found that Carlos has posted a question on a message board.The link to the entire post is below: http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/boxster...s-cayman.htmlIn this post he is stating that the wheels are fine but he simply does not like the way they look. I informed him of the ? inch protrusion prior to the purchase. If he simply doesn't like the way they look, he should have thought about that prior to sending me the $2500. To me, this in now his problem and not mine. There is nothing I could have done differently to ensure he was more happy with the purchase. He simply doesn't like the product he bought ? a product that is exactly as stated in the ad. I've been as open an honest as possible and answered all questions he had. I have the entire email trail to send you as well if required.

any suggestions guys
Old 08-17-2009, 09:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Alpine White 550i Sport, Cream Beige Interior, 6-Sp Manual - retired 9/2011

Sounds like there's more to the story than you originally told.

ust make sure he doesn't get your money, and then send him the rims back once the coast is clear.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:24 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by DrLev99' post='980374' date='Aug 18 2009, 12:37 AM
Sounds like there's more to the story than you originally told.

ust make sure he doesn't get your money, and then send him the rims back once the coast is clear.
the guy already has the wheels, paypal closed the case, I called paypal they can't do anything, call the porsche dealer and they email the stupid seller telling him that the wheels wont fit that I required larger spacers then the ones he advertised for his wheels, the only thing is if I do a CC charge back my bank will get the money but is it paypal going to be charging me the money because they already sent the seller the money or my CC will force paypal to get the money from the seller?

please help!!!!!
Old 08-18-2009, 02:28 PM
Contributors

seller: I am a private seller and not a department store or chain. I can't just keep selling items and letting buyers return them because they are not satisfied with the look. I

dealership:
Carlos,
As per our phone conversation, you will need the 18mm rear spacers, because you have PASM and the 2007 Cayman has regular steel spring suspension. W/PASM it lowers the car approx 10mm over stock(After I did more research), so the issue you?re dealing with is that you need 18mm spacers on the back instead of the 15mm spacers.

but the guy thinks its because of look .. I don't want the wheels