E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

HRE vs. DPE wheels, any opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 04:07 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: M5

I would get HRE is price isnt the issue. Check out all the ppl that buy DPEs,they are mostly BMW and Mercs and a few others. All high end cars have HRE's beacuse they have been around and the badge says it all

You get what you pay for, There is a member selling a set of DPEs that have the chrome peeling, I am sure HRE would have took care of that for free in some cases and I yet have seen a HRE defective like that personally.

GL, I agree the DPE super concaves are sick but like you said, if price isnt the issue then get these:

HRE carbon series: http://www.hrewheels.com/wheels/seri...=/CARBON/CF40/
Old 07-29-2010, 04:11 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

As the resident DPE dealer, I have to interject.

Originally Posted by /\/\5power
You get what you pay for, There is a member selling a set of DPEs that have the chrome peeling, I am sure HRE would have took care of that for free in some cases and I yet have seen a HRE defective like that personally.
I think that's a bit misleading to make such a claim. (1) you don't know how the chrome came off (2) has he tried asking DPE to fix it (3) how do you know HRE would've fixed it? they have their own warranty program just like DPE.

that's all.

michael
acute performance
Old 07-30-2010, 02:18 AM
Contributors

My Ride: M5

I dont see why one wouldnt get it fixed , Your right. I wonder what their policy is. Have you seen and race cars that use DPE? Any cup cars that use DPE? Any drag cars use DPE?
Old 07-30-2010, 09:54 AM
Former Vendor

you know why these race cars, cup cars, drag cars use HRE? These companies have a hard deadline ie you must give me the wheels on X date. Since HRE cuts the forgings in house they can control that whereas DPE cannot necessary guarantee that.

also, a lot of these companies buy the center discs from the same manufacturer as well as the hoops so the quality is the same. HRE just charges more because they have to pay for the machines sitting idle in their factory.

michael

Originally Posted by /\/\5power
I dont see why one wouldnt get it fixed , Your right. I wonder what their policy is. Have you seen and race cars that use DPE? Any cup cars that use DPE? Any drag cars use DPE?
Old 07-30-2010, 03:28 PM
Members

My Ride: 2010 535i Carbon Black

I think many would agree but you can't go wrong with either one. Yes there is a price difference but it seems they are both very good products. I guess maybe I shouldn't have stated "you get what you pay for" because you are paying a good amount for either set.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:53 PM
Contributors

i cant tell you how many potholes ive hit with low pro tires and to date my DPE wheels have zero bends, chips, dings etc

id get DPE
Old 07-31-2010, 04:22 AM
Members

My Ride: 2010 535i Carbon Black

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered
id get DPE
At this point, I think I'm leaning toward the DPEs. Got an amazing offer for that SP set and I don't think I can let that pass.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by acornz
At this point, I think I'm leaning toward the DPEs. Got an amazing offer for that SP set and I don't think I can let that pass.
Lots of members are satisfied with their dpe's and I have never heard anything here but praise for Michael's customer service.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:57 AM
Former Vendor

I hope that offer was from me.
Originally Posted by acornz
Thanks!
Originally Posted by sdg1871
Lots of members are satisfied with their dpe's and I have never heard anything here but praise for Michael's customer service.
Old 07-31-2010, 05:36 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 550i Titanium Grey Metallic - 6 Speed Manual, Sport Suspension, Premium, Cold Weather, Navigation, Shades, L7 Sound

I too value Michael opinion.

By the way Michael looking to see some good results at Watkins Glenn in Sept with that air scoop...!!

Originally Posted by acuteperformance
Thanks Mike. We're going through tough times but I'm happy you still feel this way.

Michael
Acute Performance

Quick Reply: HRE vs. DPE wheels, any opinions?