E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

HRE vs. DPE wheels, any opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 02:06 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2010 535i Carbon Black

I was looking at getting some HREs but after doing some research it seems DPEs are just as popular among BMW owners. So now I'm torn between the two, specifically the HRE 790Rs and DPE SP16s, they look basically the same. Any one have any opinions on either brand, good or bad, customer service experiences, wheel qualities, etc? Thanks for the input
Old 07-26-2010, 02:19 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

Hi,

Well I'm a bit bias as Acute Performance is the resident DPE Master Dealer. What I can say is that the forgings are pretty much the same in terms of quality (they get them from the same place). The barrels are also from the same supplier so it comes down to price and customer service.

I'll be honest, no one is without their faults but DPE has always been willing to work with me on this part either upgrading shipping to 2nd day or going the extra mile to make sure my customers are happy. They don't carry the mentality of "we have your money now so we don't care."

As for price, since I'm a master dealer and maintain this relationship, I will get you the best possible price and work with you to get DPEs on your car.

Everyone on this forum has been happy with their DPE wheels.

Michael
Acute Performance
Old 07-26-2010, 10:09 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04 525i sport, premium, winter, xenon. xm satellite radio, navwithtv dvd system, 1 jl 10w7 sub powered by xtant 1001x amp. 20x8.5/10 on nitto nt555 rubber. acs roof and decklid spoiler, breyton front spoiler.

Can't go wrong with either but I feel like the 790's are a little "common" for 6-7k wheels. DPE is a great look with a better pricepoint. Maybe doesn't carry the marquee of HRE but still great looking, high quality forged wheels at a better price.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:19 AM
Members

To me they look pretty much the same so I guess it wouldn't matter but yes, I have found the DPEs are priced a little better.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:20 AM
Contributors

My Ride: M5

DPE's are defenitly cheaper and the quality is probably be at par but the vanity of having the HRE badge on a wheel makes the difference, for me at least. Its all about what you want so if price is a issue then get the DPE's and if price isnt a issue then most defenitly the HRE's. HRE has the best customer service I have seen thru any of the mods i have done on my car. This is my second set of HRE's and when I asked ppl what they thought of DPE's here in Canada, no one knew what they were, Yeah we are stuck in a freakin ice age over here. I would opt for the super concave series from DPE if you choose this route or stick to HREs and you will know what I mean when I say its a vanity. Gl.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:33 AM
Contributors

there only real difference between HRE and DPE from what ive seen is that we dont get a good discount on HRE here so they are more expensive but we have Acute Performance for DPE who does awesome hookups

i love my DPEs and get compliments on the setup daily, its awesome and the quality is outstanding
Old 07-27-2010, 03:56 PM
Members

Price isn't a huge deal but at the same time if you get something that is just as good and looks the same, why pay more? With that said, I wouldn't settle for some generic look-alike because you get what you pay for
Old 07-27-2010, 04:36 PM
Contributors

i love my DPE wheels and i suggest you give acute a chance to show you what kind of deals they can give you

im glad i did

ill be replying to your pm now btw
Old 07-27-2010, 05:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i sport 6spd Sapphire Black/Tan

good luck...
Old 07-28-2010, 10:33 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Gone: 2004 545i

I will have to second the motion of giving Acute Performance (Michael) a holler. I'm in the process of dealing with Michael right now. Whether you spend 3k or 6k, you want the customer service that Acute can provide.

Good luck in your choice.

Quick Reply: HRE vs. DPE wheels, any opinions?