E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

how much to paint rear bumper?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2010, 06:35 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so i got in a little fender bender the other day and as i was backing out of my parking spot there was one of those huge trucks parked behind me who stuck way out in his spot, and i just didn't realize he was sticking so far out. my taillight busted and my bumper is pretty bruised, not dented or anything. i think the bumper could just be repainted and all will be well. i think i could take some wetsanding and OEM paint to it and probably get it looking pretty good, but most likely i'll just have it repainted.

i know some of you guys buy the m-tech bumpers and what not, so figured someone could give me an idea on how much it would cost to get it repainted? should i just consider getting the m-tech bumper and replace it altogether? thanks.
Old 12-25-2010, 09:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Bmw
Model Year: 2006

Rear bumper should be between 350 to 400 for a paint job from scratch. If your getting a spray just to cover something it should be less than that since the full primer and other stuff is not involved.
Good luck
Old 12-25-2010, 10:10 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530I Silver gray with gray leather with Premium Package, Logic 7 Premium sound system with Ipod interface, xenon adaptive headlights, Active steering, Power retractable rear sunshade, Comfort seats, Cold weather package and M5 OEM 166 wheels, Sprintbooster. Ceramic Tint all around, Bilstein Sports shocks with Eibach springs, Brake performance Rotors and Axxis ceramic pads.

I just had mine done 2 months ago and it cost me $340. I have a gauge and scratches on it.
Old 12-25-2010, 10:20 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by al_ongvano
I just had mine done 2 months ago and it cost me $340. I have a gauge and scratches on it.
so you mean yours was factory paint and it had scratches, so you got the whole thing sanded down and repainted for $340? thanks for the info.
Old 12-25-2010, 10:21 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by theracerboss
Rear bumper should be between 350 to 400 for a paint job from scratch. If your getting a spray just to cover something it should be less than that since the full primer and other stuff is not involved.
Good luck
can they really do a cover-up spray? i thought they had to repaint the whole thing. basically just the left side of the bumper is missing a little paint and looks scraped but not dented or dinged from the incident.
Old 12-25-2010, 10:21 AM
Senior Members

My body shop that I go charge 150 for paint
Old 12-25-2010, 10:23 AM
Senior Members

also i have a maaco nearby me, probably the best option?
Old 12-25-2010, 11:04 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550i SA M-Sport Package

Originally Posted by tuffluck
also i have a maaco nearby me, probably the best option?
Maaco on a BMW?
Old 12-25-2010, 01:23 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by mookish
Maaco on a BMW?
i don't know, just know they are cheap. don't really know anything else about them.
Old 12-25-2010, 02:08 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530I Silver gray with gray leather with Premium Package, Logic 7 Premium sound system with Ipod interface, xenon adaptive headlights, Active steering, Power retractable rear sunshade, Comfort seats, Cold weather package and M5 OEM 166 wheels, Sprintbooster. Ceramic Tint all around, Bilstein Sports shocks with Eibach springs, Brake performance Rotors and Axxis ceramic pads.

Originally Posted by tuffluck
so you mean yours was factory paint and it had scratches, so you got the whole thing sanded down and repainted for $340? thanks for the info.
Yup, Exactly what I mean.

Quick Reply: how much to paint rear bumper?