E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

How to install ACS diffuser in M-tech rear

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 10:17 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 525i, mystic blue metallic, black leather interior, dark poplar wood trim, premium package, navigation, iPod, park distance control, voice activation, bluetooth. Mods: Full M-Tech Kit, ACS Rep Rear Window Spoiler, ACS Rep Rear Deck Spoiler, ACS Rep Quad Diffuser, ACS Rep Exhaust Tips, Remus Duel Exhaust, De-badge, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Umnitza Predator Ice V2, HID fog lights, Clear Side Marker Light Bulbs (yellow when on), Dark Poplar Wood Shifter, Dark Poplar Wood e-Brake Handle, Dark Poplar Wood Steering Wheel Inserts, OEM Steel Pedals, OEM M Footrest, 19 inch OEM 121s (Summer), 18 inch 124s (Winter), Shadowline Window Trim, Blacked-out Kidney Grills

Hi guys,

I have DRANGED's new ACS style rear diffuser for M-tech (quad set-up). How do I install it? I searched the forum to no avail. I was told that I had to remove the old one (no problem there) and glue and screw on the new one. Anyone have a DIY or pics of this?

Thanks!
Old 12-09-2008, 03:09 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 525i, mystic blue metallic, black leather interior, dark poplar wood trim, premium package, navigation, iPod, park distance control, voice activation, bluetooth. Mods: Full M-Tech Kit, ACS Rep Rear Window Spoiler, ACS Rep Rear Deck Spoiler, ACS Rep Quad Diffuser, ACS Rep Exhaust Tips, Remus Duel Exhaust, De-badge, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Umnitza Predator Ice V2, HID fog lights, Clear Side Marker Light Bulbs (yellow when on), Dark Poplar Wood Shifter, Dark Poplar Wood e-Brake Handle, Dark Poplar Wood Steering Wheel Inserts, OEM Steel Pedals, OEM M Footrest, 19 inch OEM 121s (Summer), 18 inch 124s (Winter), Shadowline Window Trim, Blacked-out Kidney Grills

Damn, I got it on. I should have taken pics to post a DIY, oh well. I can tell you that it owul dbe worth paying to have it put on. I am glad my buddy had a dremel for me to use. lots of fitting. I will post pics once the project is complete.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Originally Posted by wacopolumbo' post='741161' date='Dec 9 2008, 07:09 AM
Damn, I got it on. I should have taken pics to post a DIY, oh well. I can tell you that it owul dbe worth paying to have it put on. I am glad my buddy had a dremel for me to use. lots of fitting. I will post pics once the project is complete.
yea.. cant wait to see it.. how long did it take you?
Old 12-09-2008, 05:17 AM
Senior Members

How did you do this? I have one one its way...and never though of how im going to get this on. How did you do it?
Old 12-10-2008, 12:11 AM
Contributors

Here it goes. Like I said I wish I would have taken pics of the process. I will post pics once the rear end conversion is complete.

Step 1: Remove bumber
Step 2: Remove M-tech Diffuser
Step 3: Drink beer and swear about how the add-on doesn't have the same mounting points. (optional)
Step 4: Use Dremel to fit new one on - takes a while
Step 5: Drill holes in tangs on lower portion to match mounts in bumper (This is the only point that this screws in)
Step 6: Drill holes in bottom of diffuser to line-up with plastic push pins during bumper installation
Step 7: Clean each side and glue diffuser on (I used Beta link that I got from the BMW dealer - messy but strong)
Step 8: Get plowed drinking Mojito's while it dries overnight (optional)
Step 9: Screw in the 2 screws
Step 10: Install bumper (with hangover)
Stpe 11: Drink beer and swear about not having it installed at a body shop (optional)

Oh well, the more I do myself with this car the more I learn about my car - sigh....
Old 12-10-2008, 08:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Originally Posted by wacopolumbo' post='742091' date='Dec 10 2008, 03:11 AM
Step 3: Drink beer and swear about how the add-on doesn't have the same mounting points. (optional)
Step 8: Get plowed drinking Mojito's while it dries overnight (optional)
Stpe 11: Drink beer and swear about not having it installed at a body shop (optional)
My favorite steps, step 8 especially!
Sounds like me when I installed my Hamman front splitter.

Now let's see some pics of this diffuser
Old 12-10-2008, 08:31 AM
Senior Members

PICTURES!!!