E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

how to connect amplifier to mask radio?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 01:46 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, new to this forum and decided to post my question here as it seems the best place for E60 info.

I have spent already 2 hours browsing through these forums with mods and diy's and noticed already nice things to do. There is nevertheless one thing I don't see answered.

I want to add an amp in the trunc, with a bass speaker. I have it removed from my old E46 touring. (I now have a 2006 E61)

I already downloaded the E60 DIN RADIO CASING pdf with description of the wiring of the "standard" radio.
I have the pro-nav (16:9 screen with maps) and it contains both CD and DVD.
The PDF mentions on the back the 2 12 pins X13813 connectors. I have tried to use this as input for my amplifier, but there seems no signal on pins 3-9 or 4-10. Does the dealer has to activate this?
I also noticed wires connected to pin 1, 5, 11 (red-white-black). I don't know where it is going nor where is it used for. (the pdf says nothing about it, which I interprete as "not used").

- Where should this 'not used' wire go?
- where can I take audio signal as input for amp?
- where to take the switch signal from? (I have not tested PIN 13 yet).
- is there a wiring connector pdf for the pro satnv?

Thank you for helping me out
Old 07-24-2006, 02:12 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Signals coming out from MAS-K are speaker level and your amp must be able to accept speaker level signal or you'll need line-out converter.
For rear channel, grab signal from rear speakers. For front channel, grab it from MAS-K output. For sub, grab it from either amp's input or output. Input is line-out level and output is level speaker.
The switch signal or remote-on signal in BMW does not work as others. Even when you turn ignition off, that remote-on wire is still on because all chime sounds are integrated into MAS-K.
Old 04-01-2024, 11:49 AM
Probation Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E61

Originally Posted by Mvrolix
Hi, new to this forum and decided to post my question here as it seems the best place for E60 info.

I have spent already 2 hours browsing through these forums with mods and diy's and noticed already nice things to do. There is nevertheless one thing I don't see answered.

I want to add an amp in the trunc, with a bass speaker. I have it removed from my old E46 touring. (I now have a 2006 E61)

I already downloaded the E60 DIN RADIO CASING pdf with description of the wiring of the "standard" radio.
I have the pro-nav (16:9 screen with maps) and it contains both CD and DVD.
The PDF mentions on the back the 2 12 pins X13813 connectors. I have tried to use this as input for my amplifier, but there seems no signal on pins 3-9 or 4-10. Does the dealer has to activate this?
I also noticed wires connected to pin 1, 5, 11 (red-white-black). I don't know where it is going nor where is it used for. (the pdf says nothing about it, which I interprete as "not used").

- Where should this 'not used' wire go?
- where can I take audio signal as input for amp?
- where to take the switch signal from? (I have not tested PIN 13 yet).
- is there a wiring connector pdf for the pro satnv?

Thank you for helping me out

An old thread, but yes, your wiring is correct 3&4 is to left and right +(plus) and 9&10 is left and right - (minus) .
Connect these to amp
​​​​​​Enable hifi option using NCS Expert and NCS Dummy

Change stereo to hifi, at least for e61

this image shows where to connect aux wires, ignore that, see on C section 3,4,9,10 pins
Also you can connect remote wire for amp to wire 13 on A section

​​​