E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Hobi's Custom A/V System

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2005, 08:17 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 MY 545i Sport Saloon. 2006 MY Alpina B3S Convertible. 2006 MY Brabus Smart 42 Cabrio. 2006 MY AM DB9 Coupe.

Hi

You can use any type of CCD miniature camera. I think some people have mounted it underneath the rear apron, or even just above the rear licence plate next to the trunk lid handle bit.

Thought you were on your way to Paris???

All the Best

Hobi
Old 05-22-2005, 09:44 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Hobi' date='May 23 2005, 12:17 PM
Hi

You can use any type of CCD miniature camera.? I think some people have mounted it underneath the rear apron, or even just above the rear licence plate next to the trunk lid handle bit.

Thought you were on your way to Paris???

All the Best

Hobi
[snapback]132097[/snapback]
Hi Hobi,
Thanks for that. Any idea about fitment on a M Sport rear bumper assembly.
I'm leaving for the airport in 1 hour, arriving in Paris early tomorrow. I should be able to catch a couple of matches at Roland Garros, then off to Burgundy to buy some chocolates.
Cheers,
6spdMan
Old 05-23-2005, 01:14 PM
Members

My Ride: 525D Touring NavPro
Unhappy

Hi, I'm new to this board and it's a great place to learn.
Can somebody tell me when and where I can buy a E61 interface with EU specs.
PAL.

Regards,
Philippe (Belgium)

525 touring Nav Prof.
Old 05-23-2005, 02:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 MY 545i Sport Saloon. 2006 MY Alpina B3S Convertible. 2006 MY Brabus Smart 42 Cabrio. 2006 MY AM DB9 Coupe.

Originally Posted by Philippe' date='May 23 2005, 10:14 PM
Hi, I'm new to this board and it's a great place to learn.
Can somebody tell me when and where I can buy a E61 interface with EU specs.
PAL.

Regards,
Philippe (Belgium)

Hi Philippe

There is a topic in section about a group buy for this unit.? The unit is sent from New York and it is PAL compatible!

All the Best

Hobi

525 touring Nav Prof.
[snapback]132362[/snapback]
Old 05-23-2005, 10:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 (born 11/04) 525i Touring: jet black, bi-xenons, sports suspension, extended air conditioning. Retrofits: hinged cubby hole, AUX-input, generic I-Drive video interface (a.k.a. xbox-e60) Warranty repairs: software update, door seals replaced, loose aluminium trim fixed. Repairs: Self-levelling compressor.

Hi Hobi,

I didn't find the information from the Lacie's site about how many watts it consumes/ current it draws (from the USB interface... cannot be much)... what do you think from the following products: which one is suitable for the SilverScreen: 25W or 50W or 100W power...any ?

25W: http://www.elfa.se/pdf/69/06906002.pdf
100W: http://www.elfa.se/pdf/69/06906127.pdf

Also if I'd like to go further on this... to have more than one media source... (and because this TV free version doesn't carry the audio signal, if I understood correctly from the picture you've posted) how about this product for automatic signal selector:

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP....ories_Switchers

sorry to bother you with so many questions... but this is so intense
Old 05-24-2005, 03:53 AM
Contributors

Hi petri

I know what you mean.... intense..!

The Elfa SD25 will be more than enough for the Lacie. The Silverscreen needs 5v at 10W - in other words, you gotta provide 2 Amps at 5 volts for it. The Elfa SD25 model will provide up to 5 Amps at 5V so it will be enough.

The Sony switcher is fine - obviously from the picture it looks like it accepts low voltage DC in (because it uses an external transformer) so you'll need a converter for that if it is not already accepting 12V input. Even, if that unit accepts 12V, it may be sensitive so you may find having to supply regulated 12V to it. You possibly won't know that this is the case until you actually examine the Sony unit yourself...

All the Best

Hobi
Old 05-25-2005, 02:03 AM
Senior Members

dear,

not needed. Please check on the website of Lacie. They have a car adapter for the silverstream (12V)
Old 05-25-2005, 02:19 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 (born 11/04) 525i Touring: jet black, bi-xenons, sports suspension, extended air conditioning. Retrofits: hinged cubby hole, AUX-input, generic I-Drive video interface (a.k.a. xbox-e60) Warranty repairs: software update, door seals replaced, loose aluminium trim fixed. Repairs: Self-levelling compressor.

Originally Posted by de_smet_h' date='May 25 2005, 01:03 PM
dear,

not needed. Please check on the website of Lacie. They have a car adapter for the silverstream (12V)
[snapback]132961[/snapback]

Oh, yes they have that... I'didn't find the picture of it... to be plugged to cigaret power ? I'd like to see the specs allways before
Old 05-25-2005, 02:38 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Hobi' date='May 24 2005, 02:53 PM
Hi petri

I know what you mean.... intense..!

The Elfa SD25 will be more than enough for the Lacie.? The Silverscreen needs 5v at 10W - in other words, you gotta provide 2 Amps at 5 volts for it.? The Elfa SD25 model will provide up to 5 Amps at 5V so it will be enough.

The Sony switcher is fine - obviously from the picture it looks like it accepts low voltage DC in (because it uses an external transformer) so you'll need a converter for that if it is not already accepting 12V input.? Even, if that unit accepts 12V, it may be sensitive so you may find having to supply regulated 12V to it.? You possibly won't know that this is the case until you actually examine the Sony unit yourself...

All the Best

Hobi
[snapback]132612[/snapback]

Thanks Hobi,

I just came from the one of those car mod shops (next to my BMW dealer)... I asked about the installation of several additional power outlets (12V) for my future "devices". They didn't have knowledge to connect anything to 30G terminal (they don't know anything about that, never heard... grease thumbs ) they just were willing to open the center console and branch the cigaret lighter power and make the new connectors to the glove box... estimated that it's 1.5h (100Eur) job.
Actually after reading the instructions seen here that much I could do also myself... in 2-3 hours though.

Anyway can you advice (pictures) how the power could be taken from the 30G terminal in the gloves box or behind the screen if possible. If I get the I-Drive module where to put the power cable , should the package contain connectors for that. Is this information available in the instructions of the module.
This is still a great mystery to me.
Old 05-25-2005, 08:46 AM
Members

Great job, noticed you are using the LaCie Silverscreen - 80GB with BMW-Ci customised graphics and menus, check ou our site we are the company behind this device that we sold to LaCie glad to see it in such a wonderful enviorment.

www.unibrain.com

iZak

Quick Reply: Hobi's Custom A/V System