E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Hit a raccoon on the road :c

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 08:07 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Stock 528i LCI Sport
Default Hit a raccoon on the road :c

So this happened last night. I hit some kind of animal possibly a large cat or raccoon. It was at night and I was driving like 55mph in a 50mph zone. The road was also only two lanes… and I was near the bushes/center divider. The animal jumps out barely 5ft away and there was no way I could’ve dodged it. I feel like bad because I think I killed an animal…. and I don’t know if I can fix this right now. Maybe this means I can get a mtech bumper now. I lost a majority of the parts in the lower part of the bumper but thankfully nothing touched the radiator and my foglights still work.

Which do you guys thinks looks better for Platinum Gray? M5Tech or Mtech?
Old 03-24-2014, 08:09 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 04' 545, 6 Spd Manual, Blk Lthr, Sport Pkg, Sport Sts, Logic 7, Cold Wthr Pkg, Full L.E.D. Interior, Red Eng. Cvr, Mtech Front Bmpr, M5 Spoiler, Matte Blk Grill, Red Caps, Slttd & Drlld Rotors, 20
Model Year: 2004

M5 Tech bro... I have the Mtech n wish everyday I had the M5 front bumper looks way more aggressive. Mtech is nice touch to tho dont get me wrong. I think about buying a m5 front weekly, my 2 cents.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:19 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 06 550i
Model Year: 06

Quarta, let me start by saying I am aware of the differences between mtech and M5 tech, but why do you say it looks more aggressive? Are you talking about the M5 tech bumper with no fogs?
Old 03-29-2014, 08:10 PM
Members

My Ride: 09 550i 6sp M-Tech. 18mm spacers rear, 8mm front. Dinan intake and Stage 2 tune. Tinted tails, M5 OEM lip spoiler. 08 Z4 3.0si Black on Black with Beige top. Removable hardtop. (Hers) 06 Volvo S60R Heavily Modded!! Gone and missed.

Originally Posted by Justin Galvez
So this happened last night. I hit some kind of animal possibly a large cat or raccoon. It was at night and I was driving like 55mph in a 50mph zone. The road was also only two lanes… and I was near the bushes/center divider. The animal jumps out barely 5ft away and there was no way I could’ve dodged it. I feel like bad because I think I killed an animal…. and I don’t know if I can fix this right now. Maybe this means I can get a mtech bumper now. I lost a majority of the parts in the lower part of the bumper but thankfully nothing touched the radiator and my foglights still work.

Which do you guys thinks looks better for Platinum Gray? M5Tech or Mtech?

That crap has happended to me twice. Both times the center section was ok, but I lost the little covers adjacent to the brake ducts and the yelow reflectors on the wheel arches popped off and never found them when I went back to area.

M5 Tech is cool, especially if you want to keep your foglights.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:56 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 04' 545, 6 Spd Manual, Blk Lthr, Sport Pkg, Sport Sts, Logic 7, Cold Wthr Pkg, Full L.E.D. Interior, Red Eng. Cvr, Mtech Front Bmpr, M5 Spoiler, Matte Blk Grill, Red Caps, Slttd & Drlld Rotors, 20
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by ETNav382
Quarta, let me start by saying I am aware of the differences between mtech and M5 tech, but why do you say it looks more aggressive? Are you talking about the M5 tech bumper with no fogs?
Forgive my explanation not sure if there's a formal name for it, lol... But the part that comes down that looks like Fangs sorta kinda (right under the fogs)on the mtech they're shortened and not as pronounced as the m5tech/M5. For me that slight variation makes a difference when looking at the car. The grill lines and other small things dont change much for me but that does.