E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

High quality audio system with loseless source

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 04:07 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

Originally Posted by julich
ms-8 is making smth the same as h650 alpine?
It totally different, the H650 is very limited on what you can do after the auto-tuning. The MS-8 is in a league on its own.
Old 06-28-2010, 02:20 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW E61 530xd 2007 LCI Touring

As I understood you were moving in following direction: h701+hub ---> Bit One ---> MS-8
And all this way was improving the sound quality. Is it so?

One mor? question is about DVD-video and DVD-audio. How about 5.1 chanel sound and Bit One and Ms-8? Are they good about this?
Old 06-28-2010, 09:42 AM
Contributors

As I understood you were moving in following direction: h701+hub ---> Bit One ---> MS-8
And all this way was improving the sound quality. Is it so?

One mor? question is about DVD-video and DVD-audio. How about 5.1 chanel sound and Bit One and Ms-8? Are they good about this?
How are you gonna play DVD-video and DVD-audio? The OEM unit does play not neither of them. I thought you were trying to keep everything looking OEM. The MS-8 has Logic7. No surround sound mode on the Bit One. Yes, the sound has improved dramatically.

Stay away from the H701+HUB combo. It does not do summing so you will need the JL cleansweep with their summing device. You will also need the nav-ty interface to get video thru the Idrive screen. By adding all those devices you can create more noise.

What model do you have? do you have L7 or just the base Hi-Fi system?
Old 06-28-2010, 01:03 PM
Members

I'm in little error that OEM is not playing any dvd source.
I consider that ORB is not making really big difference in internal look.
I think that factory unit plus bit one or ms-8 is not as good as s690 alpine dvd-changer plus processor 701. Hub is only to control this stuff, add additional monitors in headrest, ipod, rearcamera and so on. I will be using factory unit sounds only for navi and bluetooth.

So what I'm saying that aftermarket source will give better quality than ms-8 improving oem headunit.

Thanks. I think this discussion brought to the point what I want.

Can you please advise nav-tv adapter?
Old 06-28-2010, 08:57 PM
Contributors

I'm in little error that OEM is not playing any dvd source.
I consider that ORB is not making really big difference in internal look.
I think that factory unit plus bit one or ms-8 is not as good as s690 alpine dvd-changer plus processor 701. Hub is only to control this stuff, add additional monitors in headrest, ipod, rearcamera and so on. I will be using factory unit sounds only for navi and bluetooth.

So what I'm saying that aftermarket source will give better quality than ms-8 improving oem headunit.

Thanks. I think this discussion brought to the point what I want.

Can you please advise nav-tv adapter?
I guess is your opinion that you think that aftermarket source sounds better. i know for a fact that the OEM sound as good or better. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the OEM radio. I tried all of them. I only did the VehicleHub because at that time they were not too many choices. It was a pain in the ass to install VPA-B222. Good luck on the install and hopefully you wont regret it once you figure out everything you need to do to install it. Hopefully you have done your research on every aspect of the installation.

By the way the reason the MS-8 its a big deal for a lot of car audio junkies is because when the prototype came out 3 years, a guy by the name of Gary Biggs(Google him) took top honors in the IASCA ISQC and MECA SQ Extreme classes and earned the MECA PHAT SQ award for the highest sound-quality score on a 2006 325i running stock speakers with the MS-8 and Idrive unit. This was huge deal for a lot of us that can not replace the factory unit because of how newer car integrate their CD player with the rest of the cars.

Here's the press release on the award. BTW i listened to that car at that competition and the sound was unbelievable.

http://www.harman.com/EN-US/OurCompa...0Nationals.pdf

This is the nav-tv interface that you need:
http://modmynav.com/interface.html
Old 06-28-2010, 11:59 PM
Members

dear Nelson,It seems quite interesting result. Because I had H650 before and it is really nothing. I was using in E46 navi headunit. Result was awful unfortunately.
And the idea of H650 and Ms-8 is seems quite similiar. They both take eom signal and "improve" it. And I can't still believe that MS-8 is making absouletly different.
Anyway how this system (OEM + MS8) will save good original CD-quality if you are using it after OEM EQtion.

You are absolutely right that Hub system needs to be prepared very well. A lot of additional equipment. Places to locate and so on.

Thanks again for your attention to the subject.

Old 06-29-2010, 07:50 AM
Contributors

dear Nelson,It seems quite interesting result. Because I had H650 before and it is really nothing. I was using in E46 navi headunit. Result was awful unfortunately.
And the idea of H650 and Ms-8 is seems quite similiar. They both take eom signal and "improve" it. And I can't still believe that MS-8 is making absouletly different.
Anyway how this system (OEM + MS8) will save good original CD-quality if you are using it after OEM EQtion.

You are absolutely right that Hub system needs to be prepared very well. A lot of additional equipment. Places to locate and so on.

Thanks again for your attention to the subject.
You can not compare the H650 to any other processor in question, its pure garbage. I know plenty of people that tried to use it and it did not work as advertised. I personally think its one of the worst processor out there.
They have a new one out, H660 and they tried to improve it but it still sucks. What kind of tuning can you do with a 3 band Parametric Eq?
The concept might be similar but the MS-8 has been proven to work and it cost twice as much for a reason. Im not trying to sell you on the MS-8 or the Bit One, just make sure you do your research on the units and you will understand where im coming from.

By the way the job of the processors like the MS-8 and Bit One is not to improve the OEM signal, is to de-equalize the factory OEM signal so that you will get a flat signal going into your amps. From there you can use the DSP features like time correction, 31 band eq, use the active crossovers etc..
Old 08-09-2010, 11:15 AM
Members

I will up this topic as i'm interested if any really installed mobridge DA1000 and what processing was used for it?
Old 08-09-2010, 11:56 AM
Contributors

The mobridge da1000 is meant to be used with the audison bitone.

You might wanna also look into Motus Lab AGW+ MOST Gateway and processor.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:31 PM
Members

Originally Posted by nelson29
The mobridge da1000 is meant to be used with the audison bitone.

You might wanna also look into Motus Lab AGW+ MOST Gateway and processor.
I've never heard about Motus Lab and would prefer to use Alpine 701 as quite popular processor.

Quick Reply: High quality audio system with loseless source