E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Hids angel eyes issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 11:05 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 535i 2010

Hey guys, bought some hids angel eyes from John...John haven't replied to my email yet hes probably been busy. I have a little issue with the aes after installed. It's fine for couple weeks until now one of my aes won't turned on anymore until I turned my running light off then on then it works. Usually when I unlocked my car both aes turned on. Now it doesn't turn on when I unlocked or turned my engine on. Any ideas of what I did wrong? Thanks
Old 06-24-2012, 08:08 AM
Members

Having same issue... One side flashes for a split second, then nothing.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:51 PM
Members

Originally Posted by sonxcuzzo
Hey guys, bought some hids angel eyes from John...John haven't replied to my email yet hes probably been busy. I have a little issue with the aes after installed. It's fine for couple weeks until now one of my aes won't turned on anymore until I turned my running light off then on then it works. Usually when I unlocked my car both aes turned on. Now it doesn't turn on when I unlocked or turned my engine on. Any ideas of what I did wrong? Thanks
If they hadn't been fine for a coule of weeks I would have been certain that they won't turn on becaus the AE's are dimmed at unlock and become brighter in a couple of seconds. When instaling HID you have to change that via OBD so that they are turned on instantly. And stay at 100% or else the ballast won't be able to fire up the lilghts.

Perhaps connect them to your fog connector to find out if it's the car or the HID?
I would also advice to swap a normal light in to be certain it isn't a fuse.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:02 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550 sport with all the fixins, 07 yukon with all the fixins.

My right one went out last week, but my work schedule has prevented me from trouble shoot it yet. I will tomorrow and hopefully it is an easy fix.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:18 PM
Members

I swapped everything but it's still the same. One side doesn't turn on at all like the other side until later later. The only thing I didn't swapped is the ground.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:06 PM
dsm
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i Titanium Silver Metallic Automatic Transmission, Ventilated Comfort Seats in Beige Nasca Leather, Light Popular Trim, NAV, HUD, Active Steering, Night Vision, Cruise Control, Logic 7, Blue tooth Hands Free, Dynamic Stability, Soft Close, Heated Steering wheel, Dynamic Drive, Voice commands

my right one has also been off for a few months. I just got back home, and will have to fix it. I changed the ground wire position but that didnt work. John can you help us.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:20 PM
Members

Just got to SoCal today and the one that has been tripping now it's completely dead. sucks that running with only 1 ae. Where is johnnnnn???? I already switched the stocked ones back on before and it was fine. So it has to be something else. I guess I will try to switched everything again when I get back home and see. Just bought a brand new one from John I said about 2 months ago too . hate taking everything out! HahaL
Old 06-25-2012, 07:34 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2005 545i Black Sapphire - Fully Loaded
Model Year: 545i 2005

This happened to me when I had HID AE, it was a bad ground. Not sure if this is the case for you guys, but you can give it a shot.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:52 PM
Members

Thanks r9ndy. That is the only thing I haven't done. I will get back on this and let you guys know the result in a couple days.
Old 06-27-2012, 06:44 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

I replied ALL emails. Please check your spam folder. I reply via my personal email and not through motorcepts.

To diagnose, it's simple:

Swap the good side ballast and bulb to the bad side. If problem switches to other side, its either bulb or bullast. If not, its the cable.
Then u can switch the good side ballast to the bad side to determine if its the bulb or ballast

Quick Reply: Hids angel eyes issue