E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

HID Fogs won't work!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 11:36 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by baggedlvintegra
The other fog light is working fine, and I checked the fuse panel chart in the trunk and nowhere did it have the foglights listed, much less R and L fog lights. I swear if by trying to install theses damne HIDs I messed up the harness or light module or something Im going to be pissed! No way changing out lights should be this difficult!
I doubt its a fuse because I have never heard of separate fuses for fog lights. Most likely need a new harness . What brand is the HID kit? Are you sure its the correct wattage?
Old 02-20-2011, 12:32 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 525i Alpine White / Tan

found the problem, it was the connector on the car harness. One of the little prongs inside got bent over and was preventing the male end from making contact. Replaced the connector end and its working properly FINALLY! But I do still have one question...my HID blallast have a lead inbetween the ballast and the vechicle connnect that has a inline fuse and some white dome looking thing, I was wondering should I remove this line and run the hid ballast straight to the error cancellor and then to the vehicle connector or keep it how it is now (ballast to lead with inline fuse and dome thing then to error cancellor then to vehicle harness)???
Old 02-20-2011, 12:49 PM
Senior Members

Is the bulb working or the HID is now working? If the HID is now working I say leave it lol...it took you long enough. If not then the way I had it done on my lowbeams was...stock connector>error cable>ballast>bulb.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:53 PM
Senior Members

What temperature are the bulbs? I have a 8k hid kit waiting to be installed once the weather gets warmer . Please post pictures once done.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i mystic blue

when i put my hid fogs in everything plugged in and worked easy. a few times i get fog light out error even tho its not. just turned the fogs off and back on and it was fine. glitches
Old 02-20-2011, 01:40 PM
Members

Originally Posted by aretardedorange
What temperature are the bulbs? I have a 8k hid kit waiting to be installed once the weather gets warmer . Please post pictures once done.
Its all working right now (fingers crossed) so Ill just leave it as is I guess, just figured I could eliminate part of the tangled mess of wires by maybe removing that one section. I think they are 10k bulbs so I dont think Ill like them with the factory headlights so I might change the bulbs out down the road. Have had these for about 3 years and just keep swapping them from vehicle to vehicle and have held up suprisingly, may be time for new ones tho!
Originally Posted by inktoxicated
when i put my hid fogs in everything plugged in and worked easy. a few times i get fog light out error even tho its not. just turned the fogs off and back on and it was fine. glitches
yeah my truck was this way, sometimes it didnt always recognize the HIDs but just every so often it would glitch up like that....sent you an email as well, get back to me and lets get that deal worked out
Old 02-20-2011, 02:24 PM
Senior Members

Nice. 10k are they bright blue? Get some 8k hid low beams now.
Old 02-20-2011, 03:55 PM
Members

Originally Posted by aretardedorange
Nice. 10k are they bright blue? Get some 8k hid low beams now.
Yeah they are a bright blue to bright whitesh blue color..