E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

HID AE install

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 04:02 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
I hate to be the party pooper, but you don't actually want to do that. The light is tossed everywhere, and not only is it not projected properly, it interferes with the beam pattern with low beam on.

It's why I've had request from people with HID AE to code off AE when low beams are on.
Just wanted to update: I wanted to verify what nomis said about the light getting washed out, and honestly I didn't see any of that. I had all my lights on this morning going to work (still dark out). My low beam head light looked as it did before the HID install. I had the sharp line break at the top and no wash out that I could tell. I know nomis is the lighting expert on these forums, and I'm not calling BS on what he said. I'm just saying it doesn't seem that way in my case.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:51 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by atlninerfan
Just wanted to update: I wanted to verify what nomis said about the light getting washed out, and honestly I didn't see any of that. I had all my lights on this morning going to work (still dark out). My low beam head light looked as it did before the HID install. I had the sharp line break at the top and no wash out that I could tell. I know nomis is the lighting expert on these forums, and I'm not calling BS on what he said. I'm just saying it doesn't seem that way in my case.
Sure no problem. What I was saying is in regards to night lighting.

Although nobody drives normally toward walls, but if you were to check out your light output against a wall you will see what I mean by light being tossed randomly.

In any case, the lighting part of it for you is probably not going to be much different, but more for oncoming traffic.