E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Help regarding wheels please!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 04:08 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Late 2005 M5 in Silverstone Metallic II with Full Black Leather Interior. SMG, LOGIC7, Heated Front Seats, Rear Electric Sun Blind, Comms Package, Professional Nav, TV Function, Extended Voice Control, Adaptive Headlights

Hi guys,

I'm looking into buying loads of stuff for the M5 at the moment, and I was just wondering what the difference between the Radenergie R10's compared to the RS10's Has one got a different material for the lip?

Also would you recommend polished, stainless or chrome for the rim?? Bear in mind I live in the UK and our weather is dire most of the year, and I live on the South Coast right on the beach, so salt air is all around and salt on the roads etc... (guessing chrome wouldn't survive!)

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-15-2010, 04:10 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

Hi Jon,

I've never heard of a stainless steel lip before.

Polished Lip
Pros
Lighter
Less Expensive
Curb Rash is easier to fix

Cons
Needs some work to keep shiny

Chrome Lip
Pros
Always has that shiny look
Easy to clean

Cons
Heavier
If you get curb rash, often times you'll have to get the entire lip re-chromed

Hope that helps some.

Michael
Acute Performance
Old 05-15-2010, 04:36 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Late 2005 M5 in Silverstone Metallic II with Full Black Leather Interior. SMG, LOGIC7, Heated Front Seats, Rear Electric Sun Blind, Comms Package, Professional Nav, TV Function, Extended Voice Control, Adaptive Headlights

Thanks for the advice and help mate. Could've sworn you could get stainless rims... Maybe I'm mistaken though!

What lip would you advise as best to suit UK weather and salty road conditions?
Old 05-15-2010, 04:40 PM
Former Vendor

I'm pretty sure polished lip and stainless steel are synonymous with each other. Snow Salt will eat at chrome. I recommend polished.

Michael
Acute Performance

Originally Posted by Jon M5
Thanks for the advice and help mate. Could've sworn you could get stainless rims... Maybe I'm mistaken though!

What lip would you advise as best to suit UK weather and salty road conditions?
Old 05-15-2010, 04:43 PM
Senior Members

That was my thinking too. Thanks again Michael
Old 05-15-2010, 04:44 PM
Former Vendor

no problem

That was my thinking too. Thanks again Michael
Old 05-15-2010, 04:47 PM
Senior Members

Don't suppose you deal in Rads do you? After our discussion the other day regarding them, I'm assuming not, but I thought I'd ask the question all the same! Plus, I still haven't made my mind up regarding the DPE's... Some of them have made this decision VERY hard!! Some damn nice wheels there man!!
Old 05-15-2010, 04:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Don't suppose you deal in Rads do you? After our discussion the other day regarding them, I'm assuming not, but I thought I'd ask the question all the same! Plus, I still haven't made my mind up regarding the DPE's... Some of them have made this decision VERY hard!! Some damn nice wheels there man!!
You really can't go wrong with Rads or DPEs. One thing about Michael is that you will receive outstanding customer service.
Old 05-15-2010, 04:50 PM
Former Vendor

I don't. Rad isn't working with me like DPE is. If you look, I don't carry every brand under the sun. I'm very picky and only work with those who have great customer service, quality, and reputation. In a manufacturers' eyes it makes me look very loyal and they are willing to go above and beyond to make sure my customers are satisfied.

Don't get me wrong, the Rads are gorgeous wheels, but if you check out my feedback and reputation on this board you'll know when I back the winners they are winners!

Michael
Acute Performance

Old 05-15-2010, 05:02 PM
Senior Members

sdg1871, Thanks bud. It's always good to know that you will get the customer service everyone looks for and wants when dealing with a company! Especially when you're in a different country!

Originally Posted by acuteperformance
I don't. Rad isn't working with me like DPE is. If you look, I don't carry every brand under the sun. I'm very picky and only work with those who have great customer service, quality, and reputation. In a manufacturers' eyes it makes me look very loyal and they are willing to go above and beyond to make sure my customers are satisfied.

Don't get me wrong, the Rads are gorgeous wheels, but if you check out my feedback and reputation on this board you'll know when I back the winners they are winners!

Michael
Acute Performance
That's fair enough buddy. I can see why people say about your customer service, just in the last 24 hours, you've already been an immense help to me both on, and off the forum.

Which DPE's would you say would suit my car the best? Silverstone II in colour. Want black face (gloss or semi gloss, haven't decided yet) and deep dish. Clean look with straight spokes, no diamond spokes if you know what I mean!

Quick Reply: Help regarding wheels please!