5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods (https://5series.net/forums/e60-e61-parts-accessories-mods-22/)
-   -   Help please - BMW E60 retrofit folding side mirrors with self dimming (https://5series.net/forums/e60-e61-parts-accessories-mods-22/help-please-bmw-e60-retrofit-folding-side-mirrors-self-dimming-111078/)

likhan_s 02-15-2016 12:24 AM

The simplest would be to open up your existing mirror and see if you have already 3 pin connector. If there then you could do just swap and code. Otherwise you would need to ensure you have three lines one for live, ground and finally lin bus. The lin bus you should be able to draw from the KGM.

jj896 02-15-2016 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by Telski789 (Post 1574536)
Hi, thanks for the reply, no i dont have memory seats, how much wiring would i need to do? The mirrors ive been offered have 1 plug with 3 wires, is this correct for 2009 lci ? Thanks

Telski789 I have a set of folding mirrors for a 2009 LCI that I bought for my 2009 E61 LCI which I never got round to fitting if you are looking for some. They are painted in carbon black if that helps with the requirement for painting or lack of painting that may be if they are the correct colour. I will have look and see what the wiring is when I get home from work if your just interested in the wiring though. As a matter of interest if your not wanting to buy how much if you don't mind are these going for nowadays without me looking on the like of eBay or gumtree. Oh almost forgot they have auto dim function too.

jj896 02-17-2016 11:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Telski789 (Post 1574271)
Hi,
I had an account but for some reason its been deleted! Anyway! Im looking at buying some folding foldingmirrors for my 2009 520d msport. The ones ive seen have 3 wires,red brown and green, al in astraight line,will these work on my car? My car doesnt have heated seats, thanks

I can confirm that the LCI does only have 3 wires (brown, green and red)

awt 02-19-2016 02:36 PM

Cars after 09/05 have three wires if the car is equipped with light package and/or autofolding/auto dim. Cars without any of these options have four wires, so in that case, you'll need to do some rewiring.

richie281vn 04-15-2016 08:47 PM

Just bring out the old thread.

I have a pre LCI 2006 e60 (02/06) but manufactured date was 11.05. Car is LHD.

I want to get a pair of foldable mirrors (auto dim and puddle) would be nice but find way too many RHD at more reasonable price on ebay. Would it be trouble install them on my LHD car? I suspect the main wiring harness would be different due to driver seat but would like to confirm.

Thanks

awt 04-16-2016 01:10 PM

The electronics are the same in both mirrors on the car, regardless of it's LHD or RHD.

The only difference between RHD and LHD mirrors is the foot of the mirror, as it have a different angle. Because of this, you need to adjust the mirror all the way out to use in on a LHD car (or vice versa).

richie281vn 04-16-2016 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by awt (Post 1577393)
The electronics are the same in both mirrors on the car, regardless of it's LHD or RHD.

The only difference between RHD and LHD mirrors is the foot of the mirror, as it have a different angle. Because of this, you need to adjust the mirror all the way out to use in on a LHD car (or vice versa).

Thanks. If that could save me a couple of hundred bucks then I wouldnt mind :-) no lets go hunting for a pair and put'em up

richie281vn 04-16-2016 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by richie281vn (Post 1577399)
Thanks. If that could save me a couple of hundred bucks then I wouldnt mind :-) no lets go hunting for a pair and put'em up

Well, took out my mirror today. Its weird that I have 5 wires : green, brown, black, red and white. My car is 02/2006 but could have been manufactured by 11/05. Still post the milestone of 09/05. Any guidance?

I have semi electri seat - which is manual forward/retreat while electric lumbar and incline. I alsonhace heated and massage, no memory though. Car came with xenon but no comfort light package. Any ideas?

Misterbish 09-10-2017 01:50 PM

Just got around to fitting my mirrors tonight, overall it took about 2 hours.

Drivers side was a doddle, decided to trace the wires back to the KGM on the passenger side instead of a total re-wire, just took out the pins from the KGM and relocated as per Bloods DIY.

Got stumped on the X11005 connector for a while, in the end found it on the back of the fuse box, big blue connector.

stel_i79 11-25-2017 06:35 AM

after install m5 oem all options mirrors onto bmw e60 530i BUILD BEFORE 09/05
all the functions work BUT THE folding from the window switch ...i know i have to code it to power fold from the key fob BUT I THOUGHT IT SHOULD work right away from the window switch!!
am i missing something??

thx u in advance for any input