E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Help with my next mod

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 04:40 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Black Sapphire 2004 5.30i

Okay, I realize some people don't like the color contrast look -- but I happen to love it. Unfortunately, the most common go to is a black roof contrasted with any other color ride...

well I already have a black sapphire car and I've been racking my brain trying to think of some way to achieve this look. the only 2 options i have been able to think of is paint the rest of the car (not financially feasible)or vinyl it (this idea only came about from that guy who did his 3 -- not sure if i could actually pull this off myself)

wonderin if anyone out there had any suggestions or other ideas??
Old 05-01-2010, 04:57 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 Bmw 550i Sport 6 Speed--Black Sapphire/Gray Interior-- Active Steering, PDC, Nav, Comfort Access, Logic 7 Oem 19'' M6 Wheels...20% Tint All Around...Dinan CAI...Coming Soon:RPi Exhaust!!!

Originally Posted by slm6715
Okay, I realize some people don't like the color contrast look -- but I happen to love it. Unfortunately, the most common go to is a black roof contrasted with any other color ride...

well I already have a black sapphire car and I've been racking my brain trying to think of some way to achieve this look. the only 2 options i have been able to think of is paint the rest of the car (not financially feasible)or vinyl it (this idea only came about from that guy who did his 3 -- not sure if i could actually pull this off myself)

vinyl the roof you mean?
Old 05-01-2010, 05:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Black Sapphire 2004 5.30i

that's the look I'm going for -- but my roof is already black ...
Old 05-01-2010, 05:51 PM
Members

I am also in the same situation, would be nice to hear some creative ideas.
Only things I can really suggest is doing a carbon roof/trunk but I think you're going for something more dramatic than this.
Maybe accents? Red rim tape? We are pretty limited here.....
Old 05-01-2010, 07:07 PM
Contributors

Since your car is black, its very hard to do anything to it without making it look cheap. I say get it out of your head and plan to do it to your next car instead. Why not focus on Mtech kit?

P.S. - Do you like the sound of your RPI exhaust? Did you notice a horsepower gain?
Old 05-01-2010, 09:04 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2004 530i premium package/active steering/auto sunshade/tiag/black dakota leather/logic 7 35% tint all around 19' DPE GT7

I wonder if you can get a silver carbon fiber vinyl for the roof?
Old 05-02-2010, 01:57 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by cleung
I wonder if you can get a silver carbon fiber vinyl for the roof?

You can get silver carbon vinyl.Infact you can get all sorts of colours nowadays....blue, red, green.....a bit tacky in my opinion, but silver looks ok on certain cars!
Old 05-02-2010, 01:59 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by slm6715

A freind of mine has a black supra and he recently got his diffuser and splitter wrapped in matt dark grey. The contrast looks really good on black.Just a suggestion.
Old 05-02-2010, 02:40 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004

I used to have a black on black 100% theme, but I kind of get bored with it. I wanted something more, so here's what's up for now:
- red stripes on wheels
- carbon fiber front splitter
- carbon fiber rear diffuser

- Antti -
Old 05-02-2010, 03:01 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Other than putting vinyl on the rest of the car, e.g. white, and then contrasting it with black, I think the only real way forward is to do what Antti has done on his car -- which looks great! Not sure if using Matt Black instead of Carbon Fiber on those parts would give much contrast
The other option on that scale is to go the Matt Black vinyl route and then use gloss black for contrast, e.g. on grills, shaddow line & pillars and diffuser. I have seen that done well on an M5.

In your signature it does not state that you have an M-Tech / M5 kit / splitter / spoiler on the car. Without those kind of parts, you may be a little limited as to where you can add the colour contrasts, i.e. just roof and grills.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with...

Quick Reply: Help with my next mod