E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!
View Poll Results: What should my next mod be? (less than $1k)
RPi Exhaust
59.26%
Billy Boat Exhaust
0%
BavAuto Suspension Kit (BavAuto Springs w/Bilstein Shocks)
11.11%
AC Schnitzer Rear Spoiler
0%
Front Bumper (Lumma Style or M-Tech)
29.63%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Help me choose my next mod!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 08:47 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530i
Model Year: 2006

So I've decide it's time to begin modding. I'm kind of on a budget... so these are the mods I have in mind. If you recommend anything else, please lemme know, thanks!
Old 04-14-2010, 08:53 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Most of what you have listed in performance oriented (good thing for us I6 owners). In that case, best bang for your buck? RPI scoop, K&N filter, and RPI exhaust. Proven performance gains and all together come in under your budget (Trinity has RPI sxhaust for $699 and RPI scoops and filters for $189 I think, install won;t be that much). That's what got my vote. I wouldn't do that suspension mod, because you really are better off getting coils. The Lumma rep front from Trinity is also possible - just doesn't look right without the sides, which puts it outside the budget (including install and paint). Good luck
Oh and look for 4A motors on eBay, I got my roof and trunk spoilers from them fairly cheaply - $180 painted/shipped and paint and fitment were as good as I could have ever dreamt it would be.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:43 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pjinca
Most of what you have listed in performance oriented (good thing for us I6 owners). In that case, best bang for your buck? RPI scoop, K&N filter, and RPI exhaust. Proven performance gains and all together come in under your budget (Trinity has RPI sxhaust for $699 and RPI scoops and filters for $189 I think, install won;t be that much). That's what got my vote. I wouldn't do that suspension mod, because you really are better off getting coils. The Lumma rep front from Trinity is also possible - just doesn't look right without the sides, which puts it outside the budget (including install and paint). Good luck
Oh and look for 4A motors on eBay, I got my roof and trunk spoilers from them fairly cheaply - $180 painted/shipped and paint and fitment were as good as I could have ever dreamt it would be.
+1 This man speaks the truth. I highly recommend getting the exhaust and scoop. A noticable difference they made for me, especially at highway speeds. Also, the RPI exhaust sounds great and classy. Can't comment on the Billy Boat, as I've never seen it in person.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:57 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

RPI FTW!
Old 04-14-2010, 10:19 AM
Members

Thanks for the input so far. Pjinca, I have to agree with you on the coilovers and bumper. I guess I'll just need to save up for those and get them a little later

As for exhaust, I'm still split between the two...
Old 04-14-2010, 10:23 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by Jello
Thanks for the input so far. Pjinca, I have to agree with you on the coilovers and bumper. I guess I'll just need to save up for those and get them a little later

As for exhaust, I'm still split between the two...
LOL If you want to go quads (my preference) then go BB, however, you will lose power. Unfortunately there is no quad exhaust for the I6's that is proven to gain HP (and we cannot afford to lose them). That is why I would suggest RPI, you gain some ponies and the it is cost effective can't beat that, like Dave said "RPI FTW!!!!!"
Old 04-14-2010, 11:42 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pjinca
+1 on the RPI scoop/exhaust and filter. Noticeable difference
Old 04-14-2010, 01:02 PM
Members

Damnit! Now I'm starting to think I need an RPI exhaust and RPI scoop...
Old 04-29-2010, 08:30 AM
Members

RPi axle back exhaust, RPi scoop, and BMC filter now installed I'll post later on with more details/pics.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:56 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Originally Posted by Jello
RPi axle back exhaust, RPi scoop, and BMC filter now installed I'll post later on with more details/pics.
AND sound clips too please!

Quick Reply: Help me choose my next mod!